Mafia Fantasy Football

Pac

This isn't in our league, but I had to vent about it somewhere. In one of my leagues, this guy was eliminated from the playoffs in round one, and this week put in all these freakin' waiver claims for pretty much every top player available in our FA, which of course because of his crappy team and him being sixth seed, means he got priority over all of those of us who you know, are still actually competing for something. What an a$$hole. What kind of sh*t is that? Very much against the standard rules of FF courtesy.

It is a formal rule in all the leagues I run that this won't be allowed. I am in a league where a guy did it, then the commish un-did it, but it put the player back on waivers, and I had already lost position - so I lost out on the player twice in one week.

Blame the commish. A good commish pre-empts stupid a$$hole moves.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a formal rule in all the leagues I run that this won't be allowed. I am in a league where a guy did it, then the commish un-did it, but it put the player back on waivers, and I had already lost position - so I lost out on the player twice in one week.

Blame the commish. A good commish pre-empts stupid a$$hole moves.

I actually talked to the commish about it and he hadn't seen it yet, and he's actually really pissed. He mentioned (which I had forgotten but he's right) that in the past, every year at the start of the playoffs he would send out an announcement to everyone telling them once eliminated you are no longer allowed to make claims. He didn't bother to make a specific announcement this year just because it's been the same group of guys for years now, so he assumed everyone knew better. He actually said he's tossing the guy out of the league after this year, and is going to see if anyone lost out on a claim because of him (I didn't but I was pissed just based on general principle), so tough to be too down on the commish.

This isn't in our league, but I had to vent about it somewhere. In one of my leagues, this guy was eliminated from the playoffs in round one, and this week put in all these freakin' waiver claims for pretty much every top player available in our FA, which of course because of his crappy team and him being sixth seed, means he got priority over all of those of us who you know, are still actually competing for something. What an a$$hole. What kind of sh*t is that? Very much against the standard rules of FF courtesy.

Gay. Did you tie JiF in our playoffs with RJF?

That seems to be the final verdict yes... ESPN couldn't seem to make up it's minds. Sunday night I was winning, Monday morning I was suddenly losing, Tuesday we were tied. Hasn't changed since then, and JiF won on tiebreakers.

That is so incredibly ******* gay. That's when fractional points matter. I don't think I can beat klacko. :(. My Demaryius Thomas move looked snazzy for a week.

That is so incredibly ******* gay. That's when fractional points matter. I don't think I can beat klacko. :(. My Demaryius Thomas move looked snazzy for a week.

I have faith in you... you can do it!! Besides, your Thomas move should be good for another week, they're up against the worst passing D in the league. Plus with Forte hurt and Calvin Johnson not doing that much the past few weeks, all you've really got to worry about is Aaron Rodgers.

You'll all be happy to know Marshawn and Seattles D won my playoff game in my big denero league. I'll dispatch of my next opponent (who has a hurt Greg Jennings) and be playing for the Championship and lovely cash prize.

I have faith in you... you can do it!! Besides, your Thomas move should be good for another week, they're up against the worst passing D in the league. Plus with Forte hurt and Calvin Johnson not doing that much the past few weeks, all you've really got to worry about is Aaron Rodgers.

I'm just afraid that BB is going to come up with some schemes that Tebow won't be able to figure out. I got V-Jax against Baltimore which is no good. I really need Blount to keep it going if I'm going to have a shot. Gronkowski should hopefully be able to produce again. Rogers always scares the sh*t out of me. If I get to the finals here then I'm 2 for 3 in my leagues in getting to finals and I'm tied for first in my overall points league.

That league is hard as sh*t. Week to week over all points, so on any given week you can have a random guy go off and you don't win the week.

I'm just afraid that BB is going to come up with some schemes that Tebow won't be able to figure out. I got V-Jax against Baltimore which is no good. I really need Blount to keep it going if I'm going to have a shot. Gronkowski should hopefully be able to produce again. Rogers always scares the sh*t out of me. If I get to the finals here then I'm 2 for 3 in my leagues in getting to finals and I'm tied for first in my overall points league.

That league is hard as sh*t. Week to week over all points, so on any given week you can have a random guy go off and you don't win the week.

Yeah, agree on Rodgers. Absolutely hate having to face him. He can pretty much win a team a fantasy game by himself, and with regularity. Definitely why I'm not feeling great about this matchup against brett in our mafia league this week. I can't imagine playing in an overall points league. That must be insane.

So it all comes down to me and the Ape. Very cool.

Although I have to be honest, this isn't the win I am most excited about. I went 2-1 in my games this week (well, at least the 3 that mattered), but the big one had to be managing to pull the win out of my a$$ in my big money league, despite my lineup sporting Percy Havin (0 pts), LaGarrette Blount (2 pts), and Tony Gonzalez (1 pt). Really was mostly thanks to scooping Seattle's D off of waivers a few weeks back (31 pts this week). Of course after looking at my upcoming opponents in my finals matches I think I'll probably lose both, but who knows, and at least I know I'm assured of some second place winnings at worst.

So it all comes down to me and the Ape. Very cool.

Although I have to be honest, this isn't the win I am most excited about. I went 2-1 in my games this week (well, at least the 3 that mattered), but the big one had to be managing to pull the win out of my a$$ in my big money league, despite my lineup sporting Percy Havin (0 pts), LaGarrette Blount (2 pts), and Tony Gonzalez (1 pt). Really was mostly thanks to scooping Seattle's D off of waivers a few weeks back (31 pts this week). Of course after looking at my upcoming opponents in my finals matches I think I'll probably lose both, but who knows, and at least I know I'm assured of some second place winnings at worst.

This is what I get for thinking the Jets would be half competent and benching the Philly D. Good luck, beat the ape.

Congrats Ape, you whooped my a$$. Not a single player on my team did a damn thing. But you know what, my team in the other league I was fighting for the championship for more than made up for it, so I'm really not worried about it. There was just a little more money on the line in that league too, so that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Ape, you whooped my a$$. Not a single player on my team did a damn thing. But you know what, my team in the other league I was fighting for the championship for more than made up for it, so I'm really not worried about it. There was just a little more money on the line in that league too, so that helps.

Congrats on your other win! and a belated good game. Haha... we should do this league again next year, maybe a more normal setup though.

Kasay kicked me to a championship in my big money league. G-note for the big dog. Would be more but the commish pays out weekly high scores plus a slue of other stuff.

I win.

What's the story on payouts from our league?

What's the story on payouts from our league?

Not sure man... Doggin is nowhere to be found. I asked him because I figured he's far and away the most universally trusted. I'm sure he's just real busy and will make good. I know I sent my money.

Not sure man... Doggin is nowhere to be found. I asked him because I figured he's far and away the most universally trusted. I'm sure he's just real busy and will make good. I know I sent my money.

Oh, sorry - I mean what are the payouts? I know Doggin will get around to it... not worried about that. I also know that me and like half the league never sent money. Not in a rush to get it, mostly just want to know what I won? Haha...

Oh, sorry - I mean what are the payouts? I know Doggin will get around to it... not worried about that. I also know that me and like half the league never sent money. Not in a rush to get it, mostly just want to know what I won? Haha...

50% goes to overall points leader (me), 35% to championship, 10% to second, 5% to third

Bumped for the Ape.

Thanks.

Okay, so as of right now...

(Ape) 1st - $125 (I haven't paid so -$20 = $105)

(BG) 2nd - $75

(CTM) 3rd - $40 (never paid -$20, says give other $20 to charity or Pac)

I have no idea what the paid and unpaid status is of other people...

• 1 month later...

I heard from Doggin.. He said he only got money from me, Brett, Smash, and himself...

you friggin deadbeats!!

So how do Ape and BG want to divvy that up? He needs to know where to send it.

Nice job not paying suns out guns out and more surprisingly the guy born with the silver spoon in his mouth Messstation. Isn't that Pizza delivery tip money for you?

I heard from Doggin.. He said he only got money from me, Brett, Smash, and himself...

you friggin deadbeats!!

So how do Ape and BG want to divvy that up? He needs to know where to send it.

Nice job not paying suns out guns out and more surprisingly the guy born with the silver spoon in his mouth Messstation. Isn't that Pizza delivery tip money for you?

I would say have Doggin send the money back to the 3-4 people that paid, and just don't award prize money. Its not fair for only the few guys who paid to have to account for the prize pot, and I just don't think its realistic to think everyone is going to suddenly pay now.

Also, I was thinking about fantasy baseball - but not for money. Don't ever ask me to do a cash league with these welching scumbags again.

I would say have Doggin send the money back to the 3-4 people that paid, and just don't award prize money. Its not fair for only the few guys who paid to have to account for the prize pot, and I just don't think its realistic to think everyone is going to suddenly pay now.

Also, I was thinking about fantasy baseball - but not for money. Don't ever ask me to do a cash league with these welching scumbags again.

yeah cash league was a fail. I have trouble getting excited for free fantasy leagues but that's probably the way to go.

also it's a little silly for you to call anyone a welching scumbag when you yourself didn't send him anything lol.

yeah cash league was a fail. I have trouble getting excited for free fantasy leagues but that's probably the way to go.

also it's a little silly for you to call anyone a welching scumbag when you yourself didn't send him anything lol.

That was the point.

Come, you should know by now that when I start cussing everyone out I'm not being serious.

That was the point.

Come, you should know by now that when I start cussing everyone out I'm not being serious.

I actually thought you were serious with that...

ok then, settled. I'll just have doggin send me the cash for being commish and we'll call it a day.

I actually thought you were serious with that...

ok then, settled. I'll just have doggin send me the cash for being commish and we'll call it a day.

Hahaha... what do you mean "cash for being the commish" you are joking right?

Archived