AL MVP so far?

Matt39

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Jeter never started 2 and 10 in the majors. If Adrian had better leadership skills and intangibles this never would have happened. :D

Nomar > Jeter ;)

I guess we know what MM used to rub one out to last night.

You have brought up time and again how you think Ellsbury is "garbage". Time to eat your crow.

I've said before that he isn't playing like garbage this season (though he had up to the point that i said that) and that by the end of the season, his numbers will be pretty close to what he had done before this season.

I've said before that he isn't playing like garbage this season (though he had up to the point that i said that) and that by the end of the season, his numbers will be pretty close to what he had done before this season.

No. They won't. He's been playing at this level all season and there is no reason to believe he'll have a fall off. He is young and entering his prime. He's a good ball player. Major league players have recognized that. It's time you should as well.

I'm not the one who made the moronic statement that ellsbury is better than Granderson. And he's just bringing it up again.

Granderson has power and that is it. He is a fleet footed Dave Kingman.

No one thinks a career hitter .269 hitter is a great player....except you.

Granderson has power and that is it. He is a fleet footed Dave Kingman.

No one thinks a career hitter .269 hitter is a great player....except you.

I hate guys that hit for power. Give me Mike Bordick any day of the week.

I hate guys that hit for power. Give me Mike Bordick any day of the week.

Dude...:rolleyes:....getting beyond your apples and oranges comparison, :rolleyes:

Is it that uncommon for a SS/2B to have no power or hit? No.

Granderson has power. Other than that he is at best an average hitter and he is the lower realm of average hitter.

No. They won't. He's been playing at this level all season and there is no reason to believe he'll have a fall off. He is young and entering his prime. He's a good ball player. Major league players have recognized that. It's time you should as well.

Lets see what the back of his baseball card looks like when the season is over.

Dude...:rolleyes:....getting beyond your apples and oranges comparison, :rolleyes:

Is it that uncommon for a SS/2B to have no power or hit? No.

Granderson has power. Other than that he is at best an average hitter and he is the lower realm of average hitter.

A CF with granderson's power is just as rare as a 2B with one these days. Also the moronic idea that he's overrated because of his power is like saying that Nolan Ryan was overrated because of his fastball. Complete nonsense from a know nothing.

A CF with granderson's power is just as rare as a 2B with one these days. Also the moronic idea that he's overrated because of his power is like saying that Nolan Ryan was overrated because of his fastball. Complete nonsense from a know nothing.

Do you believe your own BS? :rolleyes:

6xCFs hit over 20 HRs last year. 4 hit over 20 in 2009. 6 hit over 20 in 2008. And this does not include the half dozen that hit 18 or 19 over the same span. You will probably have 4-6 this year as well.

So his "rare" ability is not exactly rare. Granderson 101 HRs over the 4 years Matt Kemp 94. Yeah, that is rare like Ryan's 5700Ks and 7 no-hitters. Plus, Matt Kemp can actually hit unlike Granderson.

So your Granderson's power to Nolan Ryan's fastball analogy is like you totally off base.

6xCFs hit over 20 HRs last year. 4 hit over 20 in 2009. 6 hit over 20 in 2008. And this does not include the half dozen that hit 18 or 19 over the same span. You will probably have 4-6 this year as well.

So his "rare" ability is not exactly rare. Granderson 101 HRs over the 4 years Matt Kemp 94. Yeah, that is rare like Ryan's 5700Ks and 7 no-hitters. Plus, Matt Kemp can actually hit unlike Granderson.

So your Granderson's power to Nolan Ryan's fastball analogy is like you totally off base.

Granderson cant hit? Huh?

Your trying to make an argument that isnt there. Saying Granderson is fast and only hits for power like thats a bad thing. Cmon....I'll take that from my CF any day.

Granderson and Kemp are the 2 best CF's in baseball right now so thats not actually a bad comparison at all. Your retarded implication that Granderson can't hit just so dumb the only response is to laugh at you. I also love how being 1 of the only 4-6 CF's with power in baseball is a bad thing in your dumb world. Even last year when he had a down year by his standards, he was one of the top 5 CF's in baseball in OPS and he's been that for every year but 1 since he's been in the major leagues. What in the hell could you be possibly be talking about?

Granderson and Kemp are the 2 best CF's in baseball right now so thats not actually a bad comparison at all. Your retarded implication that Granderson can't hit just so dumb the only response is to laugh at you. I also love how being 1 of the only 4-6 CF's with power in baseball is a bad thing in your dumb world. Even last year when he had a down year by his standards, he was one of the top 5 CF's in baseball in OPS and he's been that for every year but 1 since he's been in the major leagues. What in the hell could you be possibly be talking about?

Riddle me this.....when in the history of MLB has .269 batting average been considered good? Jeter is getting ripped for hitting .270. :rolleyes:

Never, except maybe during the dead ball era.

Granderson is not a good hitter. He can't hit for average. He strikes out way too much. He has power. That boosts his SLG which in turn boosts his OPS.

If he did not have power, he would be in an over 30 softball league.

Riddle me this.....when in the history of MLB has .269 batting average been considered good? Jeter is getting ripped for hitting .270. :rolleyes:

Granderson is not a good hitter. He can't hit for average. He strikes out way too much. He has power. That boosts his SLG which in turn boosts his OPS.

You know how many good players I could say that about in the MLB? On the Red Sox?

You aren't making a point. You just dislike Granderson for whatever reason. Its bizarre.

Batting average is probably the most meaningless stat you could possibly name. If you have no better argument than his BA you're just bind a blind hater (which is what you're doing.)

Word. I just think he'll get burned at the end of the year again. When you think of CC, you think 7 innings, 3 runs, 5 Ks. His lack of flash will hurt him.

If thats what you think of him you're really underrating him. He's been a top 5 pitcher in baseball every year for about 8 years.

Joey Bats- First half AL MVP.

What a season this dude is having.

Yeah. Shame he is hurt again. 31 bombs and he has missed about 12 games so far this season.

Ellsbury looks like the best lead-off hitter in the game. Pedroia has returned to form as well.

Yanks need to stay close while ARod is on the shelf.

CC has been a saving grace but they never really consider a pitcher for the MVP.

He's on pace for 23-27 wins

If he continues dominating the AL like he does, he'll get it

Then, the Yanks will pay him $250 million next year :(

Yeah. Shame he is hurt again. 31 bombs and he has missed about 12 games so far this season.

Ellsbury looks like the best lead-off hitter in the game. Pedroia has returned to form as well.

Yanks need to stay close while ARod is on the shelf.

There are a few good things going for them.

One, they have a nice lead in the wildcard.

Last, the Sox rotation is.....who knows. Beckett will show tonight if the knee is no issue. Lets see how Lester looks when he is back. Same with Bucholz, probably the most alarming of the injuries. Lackey, Wake, Miller and Weiland are like a box of chocolates. Their offense will win more often then not like the Yankees, but Lackey is your #2...sheesh.

Archived