Battlestar Galactica Mafia - The Colonial Fleet Needs YOU!

Integrity28

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may make him model #7... Daniel...................... get it?

I'll have you know, this confused the hell out of me and I didn't get how I had no idea what the frak you were talking about.

And then I went and watched the next episode of BSG I was up to, and it all suddenly made far more sense. I better make sure I polish the rest of this off before this game starts, I can't afford to be missing references. Even if it's not needed for purposes of the game, that's still simply not acceptable.

I'll have you know, this confused the hell out of me and I didn't get how I had no idea what the frak you were talking about.

And then I went and watched the next episode of BSG I was up to, and it all suddenly made far more sense. I better make sure I polish the rest of this off before this game starts, I can't afford to be missing references. Even if it's not needed for purposes of the game, that's still simply not acceptable.

No worries. My setup is designed NOT to give spoilers.

Yes. Thank you Verbal... welcome back Doggin.

So guys.... have I reached epic recruiter status yet or what? I'm almost afraid to go through with this game, for fear that it won't come close to being nearly as awesome as the thread nuke campaign and bringing all these old dudes out of the word work... nah, it'll be frakking awesome, who am I kidding... :P

Other than Teh Doggin who gave us Teh Mafia Goodness, you are teh king.

Preview_King+APE_Color.jpg

No worries. My setup is designed NOT to give spoilers.

I'm sure it's not, but even just missing out on random references from others is unacceptable to me. Although really shouldn't be an issue anyway, last night I watched right up until before the 3-part finale. As difficult as it was, I only didn't watch that last night because I figured I needed to actually make it into work this morning. So I'll get through that tonight and then just have to watch the last movie.

I'm sure it's not, but even just missing out on random references from others is unacceptable to me. Although really shouldn't be an issue anyway, last night I watched right up until before the 3-part finale. As difficult as it was, I only didn't watch that last night because I figured I needed to actually make it into work this morning. So I'll get through that tonight and then just have to watch the last movie.

You sound like the coolest guy ever.

So I just finished watching part 3 of the finale.

What a fantastic disappointment. Oh well, sh*t happens I suppose. Show was still awesome, but that last part could have been sooooooo much better.

The ending idea was decent... but was kind of haphzard and unexplained

The ending idea was decent... but was kind of haphzard and unexplained

The overall concept wasn't horrible (although while I kind of saw it coming, the way they played the whole Earth thing was kind of lame), but I just thought the execution sucked.

They ignored some stuff all together and then just spent way too much time on other stuff nobody could possibly care that much about. It also didn't help that a certain someone's acting regarding their illness was borderline offensive. I mean, I thought it was pretty terrible how it was being done before that during the season, but in the last episode it was just ridiculous.

<br />The overall concept wasn't horrible (although while I kind of saw it coming, the way they played the whole Earth thing was kind of lame), but I just thought the execution sucked.<br /><br />They ignored some stuff all together and then just spent way too much time on other stuff nobody could possibly care that much about. It also didn't help that a certain someone's acting regarding their illness was borderline offensive. I mean, I thought it was pretty terrible how it was being done before that during the season, but in the last episode it was just ridiculous.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

To me it was fan service at it's worst. Give the happy ending and throw in the nerdy sh*t for the nerds.

<br /><br /><br />

To me it was fan service at it's worst. Give the happy ending and throw in the nerdy sh*t for the nerds.

Yep. I agree.... final episodes never feel quite right, but its also got a lot to do with the emotional experience of shifting from watching 100 or so episodes that lead you into the next episode, to the episodes that close loops and offer closure. Its why nobody is ever really satisfied with a final episode of any show.... you embrace the idea of anticipation, and condition yourself to look forward to the next episode... then suddenly you have to accept finality? Never works out well emotionally, always leads to disappointment of some degree.

I think, all-in-all, that BSG did an okay job with their final 3 episodes, could have been better, sure, but so could those episodes that were written during the writer's strike that had NOTHING to do with the actual long-term plot of the show... hahaha... still better than LOST imo.

Yep. I agree.... final episodes never feel quite right, but its also got a lot to do with the emotional experience of shifting from watching 100 or so episodes that lead you into the next episode, to the episodes that close loops and offer closure. Its why nobody is ever really satisfied with a final episode of any show.... you embrace the idea of anticipation, and condition yourself to look forward to the next episode... then suddenly you have to accept finality? Never works out well emotionally, always leads to disappointment of some degree.

I think, all-in-all, that BSG did an okay job with their final 3 episodes, could have been better, sure, but so could those episodes that were written during the writer's strike that had NOTHING to do with the actual long-term plot of the show... hahaha... still better than LOST imo.

And even when you say **** the fans I DO WHAT I WANT there's a huge uproar. You can't win with finales. The lost finale answered questions but ultimately my issue with Lost was the entire final season. Made too many questions. In comparison BSG worked towards the resolution, not make more questions.

Archived