Holmes has come to terms with Jets

flgreen

They usually factor in almost no interest at all. They just move the money and guarantee portions of it that were not guaranteed before. Sanchez had super low cash due in 2013 to give a spot to move money to if needed.

Thank you Jason. The benefit comes from more guaranteed dough.

Not trying to denigrate Sanchez at all, and we don't know the terms of his restructure, but this really becomes a second bite of the apple for the athletes.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a Holmes fan before we traded for him. The problem is Braylon is a real Jet, Holmes is a mercenary. Don't like this!

The Long History of Santonio Holmes: Mercernary

Santonio Holmes is drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Santonio Holmes is traded by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Santonio Holmes becomes a Jet.

Santonio Holmes resigns with Jets for less money he could have gotten elsewhere.

The End

Santonio Holmes resigns with Jets for less money he could have gotten elsewhere.

The End

The only problem with this smoke screen is that no other team would have paid over 10 mil per for santonio holmes no way no how, and thats why hes a Jet. This "he took less to play for us crap" is a PR move to get the fans thinking this guy did what Braylon promised from the start because the Jets will look really bad if they cant get another Receiver in here and were stuck with 2 sub 6 foot WR's one of which is a banged up Cotchery. If anyone thinks Santonio can deal with constant double teams they are crazy and need to take a good hard look at our current offensive situation. I hope it all works out but Im not too happy with our current situation on offense. Better hope we make some more moves . Santonio was AT MOST an 8 mil per guy we over paid

The only problem with this smoke screen is that no other team would have paid over 10 mil per for santonio holmes no way no how, and thats why hes a Jet. This "he took less to play for us crap" is a PR move to get the fans thinking this guy did what Braylon promised from the start because the Jets will look really bad if they cant get another Receiver in here and were stuck with 2 sub 6 foot WR's one of which is a banged up Cotchery. If anyone thinks Santonio can deal with constant double teams they are crazy and need to take a good hard look at our current offensive situation. I hope it all works out but Im not too happy with our current situation on offense. Better hope we make some more moves . Santonio was AT MOST an 8 mil per guy we over paid

It's been reported all over the place that he took less. You're grasping at straws dude.

Why arent you a GM?

LOL, Gotta give him credit for having it all figured out huh.

Its actually quite impressive. I'm shocked that teams arent knocking down his door.

With as busy as every NFL's FO has been, Smash has managed to talk to every single NFL team and found out what they were willing to pay for Holmes even if they were interested or didnt need him. His analysis on Holmes ability on the field is incredible as well. You can tell he watches a lot of film. Rex could use someone like him on his staff because clearly he has no idea what he is doing.

Its actually quite impressive. I'm shocked that teams arent knocking down his door.

With as busy as every NFL's FO has been, Smash has managed to talk to every single NFL team and found out what they were willing to pay for Holmes even if they were interested or didnt need him. His analysis on Holmes ability on the field is incredible as well. You can tell he watches a lot of film. Rex could use someone like him on his staff because clearly he has no idea what he is doing.

Not only that, he had Woo and his men do all the work, and then he translated it, from chicken scratch, drawn on old rags, written with a piece of coal.

Not only that, he had Woo and his men do all the work, and then he translated it, from chicken scratch, drawn on old rags, written with a piece of coal.

31 GM's and 31 HC's are laughing at Tanny and Rex Ryan right now. They are laughing stock and completely stupid to pay so much money. Rex is literally CRAZY to think Holmes can handle a double team. CRAZY!!!

you goons can crack your jokes but I didnt see other teams very interested other than the perenial idiot redskins. We over paid.

You're pulse on the league is impressive. As far as over paying: Ramen Noodles. Its like 2 weeks worth of dinner for 2 bucks.

You're pulse on the league is impressive. As far as over paying: Ramen Noodles. Its like 2 weeks worth of dinner for 2 bucks.

And when you get tired of them, you can eat them raw, and it's like a whole new experience.

Good thing you responded to my post and we're still discussing Santonio's status as a "mercenary".

The End

thats what I was responding too

Ummm, Holmes is definitely worth that money. A lot of other high profile receivers got MORE. I don't know why anyone's complaining about this, and then in the same breath endorsing us to blow the rest of our money on Nmandi, who we DON'T EVEN NEED. LMFAO at you clowns. Holmes DID leave money on the table. This is fact. He is better than Edwards. Also fact. One more fact, he would have gotten more money from ANYONE else. Thank you Tanny, for making this a reality. Our receiving game is now pretty secure for 5 years and will only get better as Holmes and Sanchez perfect their chemistry together. They already have pretty good chemistry from just 12 games together.

The amount of games he won last year, ya'll should be happy.

And when it was pennington saying he signed at a discount you lapped it up gleefully despite teh noodle not even being a FA (and his contract being even more offensive)

Why arent you a GM?

And you on the other hand didn't buy the home town discount BS when it was pennington, but buy it now that Holmes is saying..

2 different sides of stupid you 2 are

And when it was pennington saying he signed at a discount you lapped it up gleefully despite teh noodle not even being a FA (and his contract being even more offensive)

And you on the other hand didn't buy the home town discount BS when it was pennington, but buy it now that Holmes is saying..

2 different sides of stupid you 2 are

LOL. Well played sir. I take the same side on both of those cases, I think both guys are full of sh*t.

LOL. Well played sir. I take the same side on both of those cases, I think both guys are full of sh*t.

of course.. it's amazing people's ability to completely suspend cynicism when they like someone

:lol: I think Holmes could've gotten more money upfront than he got here, but I don't think he was doing any better than $10M/yr.

I dunno what's going on with Braylon, but 3 years from now my instinct just tells me Braylon will be easily considered the better WR. NFL GMs are not a good barometer of player ability, so the alleged interest in Holmes isn't proof of anything.

Remember these GMs constantly give big giant contracts to backups and sub-standard starters, and then beg for a CBA bailout to protect themselves from these bad decisions. They ignored Brees and Vick as an FA but they trade for backups/washed-ups like Kolb or McNabb. These guys have zero idea what's going on. The Titans won't pay CJ2K and the Eagles won't pay D-Jax, but the Eagles went and gave Aso $12M. What do they think will happen with D-Jax now? Which player is more important to the team? D-Jax can probably run circles around Aso too, watch him get exposed on a good team.

I dunno what's going on with Braylon, but 3 years from now my instinct just tells me Braylon will be easily considered the better WR. NFL GMs are not a good barometer of player ability, so the alleged interest in Holmes isn't proof of anything.

Remember these GMs constantly give big giant contracts to backups and sub-standard starters, and then beg for a CBA bailout to protect themselves from these bad decisions. They ignored Brees and Vick as an FA but they trade for backups/washed-ups like Kolb or McNabb. These guys have zero idea what's going on. The Titans won't pay CJ2K and the Eagles won't pay D-Jax, but the Eagles went and gave Aso $12M. What do they think will happen with D-Jax now? Which player is more important to the team? D-Jax can probably run circles around Aso too, watch him get exposed on a good team.

Yes, I would trust a random poster on jetnation over an NFL GM every day, because a random poster on jetnation never passes over a great player.

Yes, I would trust a random poster on jetnation over an NFL GM every day, because a random poster on jetnation never passes over a great player.

With that attitude why even post on here? Clearly you have zero respect for anybody's opinion but your own. You sir, are an absolute dick.

And an idiot.

Archived