Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

Sorry i dont have alot of patience for drunk drivers.

Nor do I, but you use this mistake to bash him for a multitude of reasons, including his play on the field. He had an excellent season last year, and while I still think Holmes is the better WR, your views on BE are ridiculous. You've even gone so far as to say that preseason fodder Patrick Turner is comparable.

How you manage to get anyone to visit your draft site is beyond me.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nor do I, but you use this mistake to bash him for a multitude of reasons, including his play on the field. He had an excellent season last year, and while I still think Holmes is the better WR, your views on BE are ridiculous. You've even gone so far as to say that preseason fodder Patrick Turner is comparable.

I owe you rep for this post. Like 10 times over.

+100000000000000000000000000

All 3 Miami sports talk radio stations were saying this morning that Miami should go after BE and put him opposite Marshall THAT I would hate to see...

That would be disgusting.

and Hakeem Nicks too?

Yeah, this guy is on some clown a$$ sh*t. Moss isn't top 15 are you joking??? He's not even top 30 anymore. Nicks and Wallace aren't top 10 or even better than Holmes. Those guys on the list under him aren't even close. If Holmes was primary target last season and played all 16 games, there's no doubt he'd easily be in the top 10. This year he will be if we don't resign Edwards.

First of all whats up guys? Dont know if anyone will even remember me but I was on here a decent amount last year but wasn't on much during lockout plus I dont have a job where I can be on computer all day any more haha

Anyway, I dont have a link or anything but Im just seeing a few posts on twitter whether it be from fans or whatever that Brad Smith's agent said the Jets wanted him back but asked him to wait to see what happened with the Nnamdi situation...I have a feeling this is the same thing thats going on with Braylon. Hopefully he REALLY means what he says that he wants to stay and waits it out. A lot to ask of a pro athlete but still holding on to some hope!

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Brad Smith tells me that "everything with the Jets was contingent on Nnamdi." He didn't want to play waiting game. #Jets

1 minute ago

Just took this out of the twitter topic on here. I would bet anything this is exactly what's going on with Braylon.

First of all whats up guys? Dont know if anyone will even remember me but I was on here a decent amount last year but wasn't on much during lockout plus I dont have a job where I can be on computer all day any more haha

Anyway, I dont have a link or anything but Im just seeing a few posts on twitter whether it be from fans or whatever that Brad Smith's agent said the Jets wanted him back but asked him to wait to see what happened with the Nnamdi situation...I have a feeling this is the same thing thats going on with Braylon. Hopefully he REALLY means what he says that he wants to stay and waits it out. A lot to ask of a pro athlete but still holding on to some hope!

Brad Smith is a Buffalo Bill... lets hope the same thing does not happen... lol

Brad Smith is a Buffalo Bill... lets hope the same thing does not happen... lol

Yeah I know...I'm really hoping he wait it out because as serious as these Nmandi talks sound I just have a feeling him taking less money to play with us is a nice thought but not reality. I believe this even more since the Jets seem to be talking to every CB that gets released. If the Jets get Nmandi then Bray is gone, if not then I bet he's still here unless he gets tired of waiting.

Theyre just waiting to see what they have to spend. You'd have to think Braylon wants at least what? 6-7 mil? With Nnamdi I dunno if its possible but without it definitely is!

Sidney rice got over 8 per year avg... santonio got 10 per year avg... I would think Braylon wants something in the middle..

Sidney rice got over 8 per year avg... santonio got 10 per year avg... I would think Braylon wants something in the middle..

Yeah even with all this probation stuff going on and with the hometown discount he says he would give? Im taking him on his word on that but we'll see! Even 9 mil though...is that feasible without Nnamdi?

Yeah even with all this probation stuff going on and with the hometown discount he says he would give? Im taking him on his word on that but we'll see! Even 9 mil though...is that feasible without Nnamdi?

You could use the same argument those against Aso are using... you do not need two #1 WR's when the #2 will be going up against #2 Cbs

You could use the same argument those against Aso are using... you do not need two #1 WR's when the #2 will be going up against #2 Cbs

K I can see that I just dont think Braylon's gonna ask for 9 mil. If that were the case I dont think he would even be waiting which I really think he is. Its just been really quiet when it comes to Braylon.

K I can see that I just dont think Braylon's gonna ask for 9 mil. If that were the case I dont think he would even be waiting which I really think he is. Its just been really quiet when it comes to Braylon.

I think Braylon will be signed tomorrow by someone... a lot of teams prob didn't plan for him assuming he would go back to the JETS...

Also he might be suspended for some games to start the year...

It's a little different though because on offense it gives you an advantage, it creates a mismatch in your favor.

On defense if your #2 CB holds their #2 WR you get the same benefit as having #1B CB stopping their #2 WR. But on offense, your #1B WR can score points and force more defensive adjustments to open something else up.

On one hand the offense is dictating and taking advantage, on the other hand the defense is more a reactive disruptor and unless your CBs are taking pick 6s to the house you're not getting an additional benefit. What do you do with a team that just uses their TEs and ignores your WRs? An offense can just keep going to their WRs to take advantage but the reverse won't be true.

It's a little different though because on offense it gives you an advantage, it creates a mismatch in your favor.

On defense if your #2 CB holds their #2 WR you get the same benefit as having #1B CB stopping their #2 WR. But on offense, your #1B WR can score points and force more defensive adjustments to open something else up.

On one hand the offense is dictating and taking advantage, on the other hand the defense is more a reactive disruptor and unless your CBs are taking pick 6s to the house you're not getting an additional benefit. What do you do with a team that just uses their TEs and ignores your WRs? An offense can just keep going to their WRs to take advantage but the reverse won't be true.

huh?

On defense it creates a mismatch in your favor too... shuts the WR down... freeing up a defender... +1 for the D...

Yeah, that, or some scrub no one's ever heard of has a big game in their passing game every sunday against us.

huh?

On defense it creates a mismatch in your favor too... shuts the WR down... freeing up a defender... +1 for the D...

If they already get shut down how is it an advantage in your favor? Also what do you do against the Peytons and Brees who just pass it to anybody?

If they already get shut down how is it an advantage in your favor? Also what do you do against the Peytons and Brees who just pass it to anybody?

How does the #2 WR get shut down by a #2 CB? It will go 50/50... with Nnamdi it is a mismatch in favor of the D... freeing up a defender...

You're correct, but he won't get it. Feel free to have at it anyway, though. :cheers:

How does the #2 WR get shut down by a #2 CB? It will go 50/50... with Nnamdi it is a mismatch in favor of the D... freeing up a defender...

Okay, the 33rd ranked CB might go 50-50 with the 33rd ranked WR. However, why do you need the #2 CB to handle the #33 WR? Why can't you get, oh I don't know, the 20th ranked CB at a much cheaper price to shut down that WR?

I actually want Aso myself, I just don't know how smart it is. In another thread we were ranking WRs, as against Holmes. People weren't taking WRs like Nicks and Wallace seriously, even though statistically they were top WRs last year (and I think will continue going forward). Those two were #1 WRs on top passing attacks, or at least solid ones. If people don't even think the good passing teams have #1 WRs, then how would they have 2 WRs worth covering like that? And if they can roll out 2 that can do fine, why can't they roll out 3?

Archived