Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

Did anyone else see the tweet in one of the other threads about Braylon not being happy about how court went today? I think thats why he is upset on twitter not the Jets and it also as harsh as it is to say severely lower his price.

Plus Ice...these things are fluid right now and everything is moving pretty fast-I believe we will sign Aso by tonight and Braylon tomorrow

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus Ice...these things are fluid right now and everything is moving pretty fast-I believe we will sign Aso by tonight and Braylon tomorrow

If Mike T fines the money for that I will be shocked beyond belief and ecstatic as hell.

Scott just tweeted this

Come on to the light Nnamdi it's safe in the light thank god for the Internet cause I had no shot O yea the light

TweetDeck • 7/27/11 3:51 PM

So I assume he reconstructed his contract after being asked so Jets can sign ASO

Bart Scott is the best person to live. Ever.

All I can say is this will not end well. First dropped ball fans will be all over him. If they don't win a superbowl with Holmes then he will be hated for years

I'd hope our top-5 pick QB can win continue to win without two freakish WR's but that's just me. Holmes will be a stud next year with a full season's work.

If we Sign both Aso and Braylon I will be a very happy camper. Since Santonio is signed I hope the guy goes berserk this year. Im a Jets fan first and you have to root for the guys you have now not what might have been.

Anyone think that maybe Tanny is doing this knowing that Edwards wants to stay here but that his agents asking price was too high? Basically said lower youre price or we'll go another direction. And thats final. Something tells me if Bray really wants to stay, this is not a done deal yet...

If we Sign both Aso and Braylon I will be a very happy camper. Since Santonio is signed I hope the guy goes berserk this year. Im a Jets fan first and you have to root for the guys you have now not what might have been.

me too Smash...

I'd hope our top-5 pick QB can win continue to win without two freakish WR's but that's just me. Holmes will be a stud next year with a full season's work.

Be that as it may, I'm sure our top-5 pick QB would appreciate getting more than half a season with the same starting WRs at some point in his career.

Braylon Edwards was in criminal court today. He's a drunk driving, fan assaulting, late night car-crashing liability. Yes he was a top 5 pick. He's also 1 more mistake away from prison. not suspension... real prison.

Bingo! The Jets gave Braylon, Holmes and Cro all second chances. So far, Holmes and Cro have not been stupid enough to blow it. Braylon is an idiot and some other team deserves him. Forget him.

It comes down to this Jets fans; who do we trust more Rex to put together a top 5 defense with whoever he has at his disposal or Brian Schottenheimer's ability to call games consistently to put up points? Me, I trust Rex a LOT more. Re-sign Braylon NOW!

Losing Braylon Edwards will hurt with run blocking and overthrown balls. We need a tall WR the proof is evident look at last year. Rex knows this,Sanchez knows this and Tanne knows this. DAMMIT

Braylon knows it too. So, with his history, how stupid was that DWI? Jets are being smart.

I really hope Holmes can become a top 5 WR now. I don't see it happening but I really hope he can.

He's top 10. If i was starting a team right now the only guys i'd take before him are:

Megatron

V-Jax

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

He's right there after those guys.

He's top 10. If i was starting a team right now the only guys i'd take before him are:

Megatron

V-Jax

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

He's right there after those guys.

Agreed. He's a borderline top 10 IMO, definitely top 15. He's an absolute stud.

As long as Sanchez allows it, the dude will have a monster season. Book it.

Agreed. He's a borderline top 10 IMO, definitely top 15. He's an absolute stud.

As long as Sanchez allows it, the dude will have a monster season. Book it.

If you prorate his numbers last year over 16 games it's 1000 yards and 8 TD and I think he'll improve on that.

This deserved a thread of its own. Borrowing a twitter quote from lupz27:

If true, so long Braylon, thanks for everything!

his agent ? lame threat via twitter. they are trying to drive up his price. he'll be back

Megatron

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

Holmes

That's my list. I put Holmes before V-Jax because V-Jax is all Rivers. Seriously. Rivers is THAT good. Rivers put up big numbers last year with V-Jax out and throwing to UDFAs.

id take these guys over holmes any day

Andre

Larry Fitz

Calvin Johnson

Roddy White

Vjackson

BMarshall

Hakeem Nicks

Greg Jennings

Marshall is a physical freak but he's a clown who has never made a clutch play or won anything in his life. Nicks has only done it for one year.

Archived