Jets aren't bringing back Braylon Edwards

F.Chowds

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still want to know WTF are going to do with all this cap space that we cleared?

I seriously don't get it. How much is this guy asking for? What are we willing to pay him? I hope this gets resolved and like yesterday, these reports are wrong. I hate twitter by the way

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

I've been told #Jets aren't bringing back Braylon Edwards. #NYJ likes him, but they don't have $$ to re-sign him. Source: "It won't happen"

First, we have the money for Nnamdi.

Now, we don't even have the money for Pool. We don't even have the money for BE.

What, did our cap space just take investing advice from the Wilpons?

I seriously don't get it. How much is this guy asking for? What are we willing to pay him? I hope this gets resolved and like yesterday, these reports are wrong. I hate twitter by the way

So do I but it like CRACK I cant leave it alone :wacko:

Someone with a twitter account do me a favor and get on there and ask Manish WTF he is talking about. A week ago they were floating offering $12M to Nnamdi. That was before restructuring even. The Santonio move did NOT hurt our cap room. NO WAY Braylon commands that much. So what gives????

Someone with a twitter account do me a favor and get on there and ask Manish WTF he is talking about. A week ago they were floating offering $12M to Nnamdi. That was before restructuring even. The Santonio move did NOT hurt our cap room. NO WAY Braylon commands that much. So what gives????

Done

@TheJetsStream help us plz understand we where about 2 give 12mil a yr to Aso but the Jets r now crying poor?fan base is confused n pissed!

The time line says it all.

Braylon says I want to play for the Jets and will play at discount.

Holmes I wont be giving any hometown discount.

Jets Sign Holmes at the elite rate of 10 mill per and Ignore Braylon... Holmes/Jets claim it was a discout LOLOLLOLL

Braylon who has similar stats to Holmes gets insulted.

Jets go back to Braylon with egg, mud, and sh*t on face and ask if he will re-sign

Braylon says sure 10 mil per

End of story.

The time line says it all.

Braylon says I want to play for the Jets and will play at discount.

Holmes I wont be giving any hometown discount.

Jets Sign Holmes at the elite rate of 10 mill per and Ignore Braylon... Holmes/Jets claim it was a discout LOLOLLOLL

Braylon who has similar stats to Holmes gets insulted.

Jets go back to Braylon with egg, mud, and sh*t on face and ask if he will re-sign

Braylon says sure 10 mil per

End of story.

The thing is though it does not appear anybody else wants to pay him. Actually there seems to be no interest in him period. As Jets fans we may have been overrating him.

The thing is though it does not appear anybody else wants to pay him. Actually there seems to be no interest in him period. As Jets fans we may have been overrating him.

possible but we dont know this for sure ....some teams must have contacted him

possible but we dont know this for sure ....some teams must have contacted him

Possibly still the Vikings?

I am so pissed trader Mike I hope has something up his sleeve and learned yesterday a lesson not to show your cards.

if we don't have enough money to sign him, he is asking too much. signing smith and turner doesn't rule out edwards unless he wants holmes money. we always knew revis' deal would cost us one of the big 3, I just figured it would be cro

nothing is done yet, just lots of negotiating through twitless

My guess is the Jets are now thinking long rather than short term and dont want to tie up big future cap space in Edwards, who is more or less a number 2 looking to be paid like a low level number 1. If the Jets believe fully in Sanchez its the right financial move because you dont want to tie up too much space in non elite players.

We havent had a pass rush since JAbe....we havent had a tall WR since Keyshawn then along came Braylon and now hes gone......just sayin..........

VeeJay....As to Braylon I am starting to think that there's something else going on here that the Jets know but we don't-YET. We know how the NFL is like a small town-everybody knows what everybody else knows. Maybe Braylon is involved in some behavior that the Jets and everybody else in the league has a bad feeling about and are steering clear of him. Maybe he's one small mis step away from a year suspension or even worse some serious legal problems. SOMETHING is going on with this guy-no way should Roy Williams get a contract before a Braylon Edwards. You know what.? I'm going to trust the Jets on this one-even though BE is my favorite player. We're going to find out something soon enough. All I know is this: 'I' am not qualified to run an NFL franchise-I'll let Mike T do that-he hasn't let us down yet...

VeeJay....As to Braylon I am starting to think that there's something else going on here that the Jets know but we don't-YET. We know how the NFL is like a small town-everybody knows what everybody else knows. Maybe Braylon is involved in some behavior that the Jets and everybody else in the league has a bad feeling about and are steering clear of him. Maybe he's one small mis step away from a year suspension or even worse some serious legal problems. SOMETHING is going on with this guy-no way should Roy Williams get a contract before a Braylon Edwards. You know what.? I'm going to trust the Jets on this one-even though BE is my favorite player. We're going to find out something soon enough. All I know is this: 'I' am not qualified to run an NFL franchise-I'll let Mike T do that-he hasn't let us down yet...

I think your spot on here. The league took a innocent till proven guilty on the Edwards DWI, something they don't usually do. Now that he has pleaded guilty it's time to pay the consequences maybe.

I think your spot on here. The league took a innocent till proven guilty on the Edwards DWI, something they don't usually do. Now that he has pleaded guilty it's time to pay the consequences maybe.

I just have a strong feeling on this Lupz-something, some kind of impending doomsday scenario is going to befall Braylon and the Jets (as well as most of the league) want no part of it...then there's the excited Jets fan in me that says I want to see what we have in Jeremy Kerley and Scotty McKnight-who knows maybe we have our next Wayne Chrebet or Dedrick Ward in one of these guys and we wouldn't find out about them on the practice squad-trust the process Jets fan-trust in The Tannenbaum

I just have a strong feeling on this Lupz-something, some kind of impending doomsday scenario is going to befall Braylon and the Jets (as well as most of the league) want no part of it...then there's the excited Jets fan in me that says I want to see what we have in Jeremy Kerley and Scotty McKnight-who knows maybe we have our next Wayne Chrebet or Dedrick Ward in one of these guys and we wouldn't find out about them on the practice squad-trust the process Jets fan-trust in The Tannenbaum

I think you may be right on Braylon but I dont trust Shotty with any young players has he worked even one young WR into the rotation since hes been here ? Thats what worries me, I mean I want to be optimistic but how can we with this guy. hes been here what 6 years now ? Thats just nuts

I think this will drop his asking price and at the right contract he'll be brought back. Probably around $4M a year with cap friendly structures so that cutting him isn't a problem if things go wrong.

This guy just doesn't seem to learn is the problem. He is always blaming somebody else. At some point you've got to realize you constantly are finding yourself in trouble and maybe you ought to stay at home at night or something.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I really wanted Braylon back and am still a little annoyed they're telling us it's "money-related" when they were going after Aso and were clearing up cap space. If they were low-balling Aso all this time and weren't willing to give him what the Eagles were offering him at least, i'll be pissed.

Although, like you said, it's possible there's something more not being revealed because a bunch of teams needing a WR are passing on him. I don't know the details but it's possible that he's facing some serious jail time if he screws up again. Would you feel comfortable paying him like a low level number 1 receiver? Do you trust Braylon not to screw up during his active probation period?

I'm trying to rationalize what has been a very disappointing day.

I think you may be right on Braylon but I dont trust Shotty with any young players has he worked even one young WR into the rotation since hes been here ? Thats what worries me, I mean I want to be optimistic but how can we with this guy. hes been here what 6 years now ? Thats just nuts

I know-none of us do but right now we HAVE a damn good #2 WR and his name is Jerricho Cotchery and he's healthy now. Say he was out there and we heard about us having a chance to pick him up to play opposite Santonio-we'd all be pretty OK with that scenario

I know-none of us do but right now we HAVE a damn good #2 WR and his name is Jerricho Cotchery and he's healthy now. Say he was out there and we heard about us having a chance to pick him up to play opposite Santonio-we'd all be pretty OK with that scenario

I think it's because on its face we got worse on paper and teams are always looking to improve. We basically signed Santonio and Eric Smith back after failing on Aso and are saying we don't want Braylon back but have no second WR on the radar.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I really wanted Braylon back and am still a little annoyed they're telling us it's "money-related" when they were going after Aso and were clearing up cap space. If they were low-balling Aso all this time and weren't willing to give him what the Eagles were offering him at least, i'll be pissed.

Although, like you said, it's possible there's something more not being revealed because a bunch of teams needing a WR are passing on him. I don't know the details but it's possible that he's facing some serious jail time if he screws up again. Would you feel comfortable paying him like a low level number 1 receiver? Do you trust Braylon not to screw up during his active probation period?

I'm serious bro-maybe he's dealing, maybe he's doing little boys there is some kind of scandal about to break and the Jets want no part of a ticking time bomb-his tweets are not helping his case-the Jets are sitting back saying "you see? he's still crazy and we can't throw away millions on him"

Does Cotchery count? I can't remember but I thought it was Herm leaving and Mangini / Schott arriving that gave Cotchery his shot. Am I wrong?

This is the reality of the situation. We have to learn to read between the lines, and this is all I'm seeing. Its too bad, but he's a knucklehead. So, ultimately I trust the front office.

I wonder if Colts fans sit and freak out day in and day out that their team hasn't done anything on the 4th day of free agency... because the Colts almost never make a splash, and seem to be a pretty good team...

Maybe Mr T and Rex were willing to put us in cap hell next year for a shot at the SuperBowl this year with Nnamdi but it would have crippled our team from next year on. Although the money might "be" there now, spending it would be foolish. We wrote Holmes contract where the first year hit is 2.5mil. How many of those creative contracts do we have? Eventually you have to take the cap hit and pay the guy or cut him. Maybe they are just going to clear some space to keep our core going forward. Just a guess. We will see in the next few days I imagine.

Archived