Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets

F.Chowds

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for our day 1 offensive roster...so much better than last year.

QB

Sanchez

Brunnel

McElroy

RB

Green

LT

Powell

McKnight

Conner

TE

Keller

Heap

Cumberland

WR

Holmes

Plexico

Moss

Cotchery

Kerley

OL

Mangold

Brick

Moore

Slauson

Hunter

Turner

Vlad

Why? Jones is good young wr who has upside. Plax is old and has not played football in 2 years. we can only hope he is 75% as good as he was with the giants.

Why 75%? Mike Vick came out better

QB

Sanchez

Brunnel

McCoy

RB

Green

LT

Powell

McKnight

TE

Keller

Heap

Cumberland

WR

Holmes

Plexico

Moss

Cotchery

Kerley

OL

Mangold

Brick

Moore

Slauson

Hunter

Turner

Vlad

0. 00% chance of Moss

Dude stop. Braylon is probably getting a suspension for his most recent drunk driving episode. The is a one year rental. Maybe Plax comes out and go's all "Mike Vic" on the league. Don;t you believe in rehabilitation? Just believe Smash, Beliiiiiieeeeeevvvveee....

Why should I Stop Crush ? Im just bringing up obvious concerns. People make the point Braylon may miss a few games yet we over paid 10 mil per for a guy who could miss an entire year with one screw up. I hope to god Plax can still play and be a threat in the red zone.

Crush I want a SB as much if not more than the next guy but Im gonna voice my opinion :P

QB

Sanchez

Brunnel

McCoy

RB

Green

LT

Powell

McKnight

TE

Keller

Heap

Cumberland

WR

Holmes

Plexico

Moss

Cotchery

Kerley

OL

Mangold

Brick

Moore

Slauson

Hunter

Turner

Vlad

John Conner will be here, no one named Moss will.

Why should I Stop Crush ? Im just bringing up obvious concerns. People make the point Braylon may miss a few games yet we over paid 10 mil per for a guy who could miss an entire year with one screw up. I hope to god Plax can still play and be a threat in the red zone.

Crush I want a SB as much if not more than the next guy but Im gonna voice my opinion :P

So is the report in on how much we over paid?

For 1 year. Yes. Perfect move by the Jets, Plaxico will be playing this year for his last contract, given his age. If he's in shape, and done being a dumbass, he could give us his best season as a pro. I'll take that over 102 targets and 53 catches from Braylon.

I will say, there's got to be something going on with Braylon beyond just cost. We may never know, but if what Edwards gave us last year was his version of going 100%... then Plaxico at 80% should do better than 50 catches, 900 yards and 7 TDs.

I honestly think this is the type of move the Jets were hoping to pull off in order to put their attention on extending Harris, and addressing other needs on the team. At least that is what I hope for. I wonder what WR's are free agents next year too... they might have been looking for a stopgap so they can go all in after a stud next year.

you do realize the numbers your quoting are just as good if not better than Santonios right ? I guess your not happy with him either since we paid him 10 mil per with 24 guaranteed ? A guy whos already been suspended for 4 games .

Everything else you say makes sense when it comes to getting a guy in here for a year depending on whats available next year.

I hope this all works out in our favor I really do.

you do realize the numbers your quoting are just as good if not better than Santonios right ? I guess your not happy with him either since we paid him 10 mil per with 24 guaranteed ? A guy whos already been suspended for 4 games .

You do realize those two things may be linked.

Both have the same red flags. Both are good players, Holmes is simply better.

you dont know whatch got till its gone! not real proud of this, but in my younger years, i did a few years in prison myself. and i can tell you that i had the most productive years of my life immedietely after my release. thats all you can think about is how you can get better and have the time for a plan.

i know football is different, but the dude was extremely talented. there is no question in my mind that he has the ultimate motivation. i can see some early game rust for sure. hopefully he can come on strong after the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs

Archived