Kyle Wilson...

Bugg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally hate booted threads to prove a point, this one is an exception.

The OP threw a rookie player under the bus, then came back and said he is serviceable.

Wilson is playing lights out. He is the second best CB on the team, and would be a #1 on a lot of teams. Not just because of the pic today. He went and worked out with revis in Arizona this off season, and he learned a lot. He is playing with the same style Revis has. Contact, and recovery. I'm impressed.

Kid has made a radical turn around.

Listen, ive noticed that a lot of fans (even myself at times) rag on the other corner backs but we have to remind ourselves that Revis is SO good that we compare the other DBs to him constantly and we expect that they play to his level. Revis is like 3 conerbacks put together. We as Jets fans are exposed to his awesomeness way more than everyone else. We have good Dbs but they cant completely blanket a guy like Island. Our Pass D is tops in the league for a reason.

You gotta love this forum! lol Wilson, who had a nice pick today is better than Cro. He has improved 10000% this year after working out with revis. He's a strong tackler. I know that if a guy isnt a probowler by year one, he's no good for our team, but someone will find use for him.

He blew a few coverages today, but played well, shaking off the mistakes. This is something he couldn't do in the past. He would get antsy and start guessing after a blown assignment. Now, he regroups and keeps right on going. He's playing good ball and I think this maturation has a lot to do with it.

2010 McCourty > Wilson, 2011 Wilson > McCourty. I've been on record multiple times to let Cro walk this offseason and use Wilson as the 2 and spend Cro's money elsewhere, so you know my awnser to this question. Going forward who will be the better player? What says you

Wilson was the most talented CB from the draft last year but was raw because of the conference he played. Let's call it for what it's worth the kid obviously is loaded and has yet to reach his potential...but the fact that Revis took him under his wing says something about him being a leader on and off the field to get him up to speed. I said earlier on this board this week that Cromartie is probably going to be a cap casualty after next season because this kid will be ready to be the #2 guy across from Revis.

Kyle Wilson has become a baller. IMO - he's always been pretty solid in coverage, he just wasnt finding the ball well. Now, he's combining the 2 and is really becoming a great all around corner. With the way he tackles, he's really a perfect slot/nickel corner. really really like this kid.

I'd say the NY Jets draft picks of recent years are really starting to pay off big time. Mo Wilk is an absolute stud already. I'm super excited to see this kids progression. His upside is incredible. Though Ellis got hurt, he was playing well. Kerley loos like a stud. If Mark would have made the easiest read in Football, he'd have had a HUGE game breaking TD. Greene coming up and playing some ball finally. McKnight needs to get more incorporated into this offense. Connor has been playing very well the last few games. Slauson has been a beast in the run game lately.

Very excited to see how some of these youngsters progress. Its so refreshing to have a competent FO.

Kyle Wilson has become a baller. IMO - he's always been pretty solid in coverage, he just wasnt finding the ball well. Now, he's combining the 2 and is really becoming a great all around corner. With the way he tackles, he's really a perfect slot/nickel corner. really really like this kid.

I'd say the NY Jets draft picks of recent years are really starting to pay off big time. Mo Wilk is an absolute stud already. I'm super excited to see this kids progression. His upside is incredible. Though Ellis got hurt, he was playing well. Kerley loos like a stud. If Mark would have made the easiest read in Football, he'd have had a HUGE game breaking TD. Greene coming up and playing some ball finally. McKnight needs to get more incorporated into this offense. Connor has been playing very well the last few games. Slauson has been a beast in the run game lately.

Very excited to see how some of these youngsters progress. Its so refreshing to have a competent FO.

Wilson and McKnight got a ton of unwarranted sh*t last year from the fans. It's awesome to see them both producing this season.

Wilson has been terrific in a really difficult role. Intensely physical. He's getting his head around now, which is the only thing he wasn't doing last year.

Rex thinks McKnight's future is at CB, but I'd like to see him play more WR. But yeah, Kerley looks like the real deal.

I just need Ducasse to step up by next year, and I'll be happy. He's getting reps out there now, and isn't screwing up in any obvious way.

Make no mistake, Wilson, Revis, and Cromartie had EVERY receiver on lockdown in the 4th quarter. If they play like that the rest of the season, then our D-Line better get ready for a run heavy attack and hopfully get some more dam pressure!!! I hope Ellis steps up a bit more. ....Wilkerson too!!

Archived