Cotchery on the trading block?

Matt39

The way Tanny has improved the roster inexpensively against the cap the last couple years has been to make trades to do it. Getting Holmes and Cro on the tail end of their rookie deals were great values. I'm sure that's the kind of value he's looking for moving forward.

if there is any truth to the trade rumors, i think there is a strong possibility it wouldnt be for a draft pick. gotta be player for player trade.

Perhaps its something to do with Osi, although taking on that guy is risky, and Cotch is a solid receiver. Jets and Giants are trading players this year. It's only a matter of time before they get Edwards.

Perhaps its something to do with Osi, although taking on that guy is risky, and Cotch is a solid receiver. Jets and Giants are trading players this year. It's only a matter of time before they get Edwards.

imo,cotchey looks to be as good as gone.however, i dont think he will be replaced with a defensive player. i think they are looking for a bigger,faster receiver.braylon style. i beleive they want holmes in the slot with plax and another on the outside.it has been noted that revis has a difficult time covering holmes.could you image the nickle back trying to cover holmes? he could put up welker like numbers.a page from the pats

anyways,thats just my oppinion to whats going to happen

1. If the interest in Heap is any indication, the Jets (because of Tom Moore?) are looking for a real-deal two-way TE, which means they'd try to turn Dustin Keller into Dallas Clark, who is essentially a slot receiver.

2. Cotchery is beat to sh*t. Getting destroyed catching Pennington's duck-balls has taken its toll.

1. If the interest in Heap is any indication, the Jets (because of Tom Moore?) are looking for a real-deal two-way TE, which means they'd try to turn Dustin Keller into Dallas Clark, who is essentially a slot receiver.

2. Cotchery is beat to sh*t. Getting destroyed catching Pennington's duck-balls has taken its toll.

If that were really the case, wouldn't it be logical to get a guy like Boss or Miller on the roster before looking to make any moves? I can't imagine they plan on getting anyone better than either of those two back in a trade for Cotch. And in that case, regardless of any changes to the offensive strategy they planned on making, they'd still need to pick up another WR considering Holmes would be the one only on the roster who you could actually count on to produce anything.

If that were really the case, wouldn't it be logical to get a guy like Boss or Miller on the roster before looking to make any moves? I can't imagine they plan on getting anyone better than either of those two back in a trade for Cotch. And in that case, regardless of any changes to the offensive strategy they planned on making, they'd still need to pick up another WR considering Holmes would be the one only on the roster who you could actually count on to produce anything.

Miller and Boss are both UFAs that have been hung out to dry by their old teams. Maybe the Jets need to open up Cotch's $2 mil slot to give to one of them first.

Yeah, something isn't being said. I trust Tanny, though. If he trades Cotchery it will be for a very good reason. If it somehow gets us a good pass rusher I'll be happy.

That's the only way I see this happening. Could it be Osi? Hmmmmm

I don't know how they would pay him.

What did Mike T say in his presser that makes everyone think it's true? I'll have to go find the transcript I guess

Yeah, just watched the presser. Doesn't look good for Cotchery. When asked directly if they had dangled him in a trade suggestion, he side stepped the question, and didn't answer it directly.

Then he was asked if a trade was possible, he said a trade is always possible, and don't rule one out before opening day.

Earlier in the interview, he said he really liked the WR situation on the Jets, but when asked if another WR would be add, he again said, don't rule it out.

Sounds like they are trying to trade Cotchery if the price is right, but they are not giving him away.

I'm rather surprised to tell you the truth. IMO if it happens it won't be for just draft picks, but another player, and a combination of picks. Don't know if the picks would be coming or going but, or wh the other player might be, but is does seem he was offered in a trade.

Myself, I hope he stays, unless it's an impact player

Why trade Cotch? wtf? Lose Braylon and Him too? I dont get this considering Plax might not even be in good shape anymore. Are we counting on Kerley or Scotty M? this makes no sense.

Just a rumor... relax.

No way they go in with only Holmes/Buress.

Likely they are not interested in trading Cotchery. If they are, it probably has something to do with obtaining an offensive weapon. Maybe Cotch is PART of a deal for DeSean Jackson? Or maybe they think if they clear Cotchery's cap money, they can sign Braylon? Who knows?

Just a rumor... relax.

No way they go in with only Holmes/Buress.

Likely they are not interested in trading Cotchery. If they are, it probably has something to do with obtaining an offensive weapon. Maybe Cotch is PART of a deal for DeSean Jackson? Or maybe they think if they clear Cotchery's cap money, they can sign Braylon? Who knows?

If it helps get Braylon back that wouldn't be bad at all.

this whole rumor might be cotch driven. #1 receiver 2 years ago. a few trades and signings later. he is a #3. might be too much for his ego to handle. maybe he is requesting a trade. just far out speculation, but maybe he is sick of being third fiddle

Earlier in the thread I said I was calling BS. That was before I watched the presser. Go watch it. I came away from that almost positive they had already tried to trade him for something.

There is another WR they might add to the roster. They already have 6. Patrick Turner is probably expendable. When asked about it Mr T said don't rule it out.

Same thing for will there be a trade?

Earlier in the thread I said I was calling BS. That was before I watched the presser. Go watch it. I came away from that almost positive they had already tried to trade him for something.

There is another WR they might add to the roster. They already have 6. Patrick Turner is probably expendable. When asked about it Mr T said don't rule it out.

Same thing for will there be a trade?

I wouldn't be surprised to see something done with the chargers for Floyd ... but as my name would suggest, I'd hate to see it happen

Archived