Jets back to talking with Braylon?

MarylandJetsFan

Guest Jpf4671

Are we really still remotely believing incarcerated fraud? he embarrassed himself almost as much as John Clayton did last week.

http://nybaseballdigest.com/?p=32103

Watch: Incarcerated Bob vs. Jon Heyman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Mike Silva ~ December 14th, 2010. Filed under: Mike Silva.

The most hysterical thing about social media is how anyone can become a media star. Those who are users of Twitter know about a man named Incarcerated Bob, a man who became famous for calling the “Boomer & Carton” show on WFAN. He got his nickname for spending nine months in an upstate correctional facility after beating up a Patriots fan after the Giants Super Bowl victory in 2008.

Is that true?

I guess its true though Im not sure to what extent. His whole character on B&C was kind of a gimmick. I think it was Carton that gave him the name, but he may have said that was his name. Anyway Bob almost seemed like their attempt to create a character that would be the equivalent of people like Jerome or Ira that always call in and everyone knows. They would put him on to do his incarcerated picks on the NFL because they were "afraid" he would beat them up if they didnt give him air time. I actually thought he was a Giants fan from his story about how he went to jail for beating up a Pats fan during the SB, but eventually he said he had money on the Giants that day. His act has toned down from the early days where he was in thug mode all the time which is why I wonder if his 9 months in jail was not that long and just part of an act.

Anyway I follow him on Twitter and find him pretty amusing. Whether he gets scoops from sources or simply scours the net all day for rumors who cares. Alot of the stuff he posts does end up happening and his attacks on guys like Florio are priceless.

If the Jets and Braylon are talking this makes total sense from Braylons stand point since hes familiar with the offense. i also believe he would have initiated the talks like I said a few days ago if no other teams are interested. It will give him the only chance to perform at a high level and keep himslef clean while playing for a big contract. If he goes to another team on a one year deal that could be a big mistake since there will be a learning curve.

I can't understand why Edwards would re-sign the Jets, of all teams, if the contract includes any type of serious-money, incentive-laden clauses (including incentives for not getting arrested or pulled over for the next 4-5 months lol).

He obviously enjoyed his term here. He played his a$$ off for Rex Ryan and everyone knows it. He helps this team to achieve the ultimate goal they are out for a Super Bowl.

He obviously enjoyed his term here. He played his a$ off for Rex Ryan and everyone knows it. He helps this team to achieve the ultimate goal they are out for a Super Bowl.

He is unsigned due to money not due to not finding a happy spot. This is arguably the last place that will help him bring up his dollars after a 1-2 year deal. We're not a pass-first team and he'd be joining a crowded group of receivers.

For 1 year he should be someplace like Arizona who has 1 other guy and nothing else whatsoever, plus a crappy defense that will keep the team in pass-pass-pass mode every week.

I can't understand why Edwards would re-sign the Jets, of all teams, if the contract includes any type of serious-money, incentive-laden clauses (including incentives for not getting arrested or pulled over for the next 4-5 months lol).

because he knows the offense and the QB and if hes going to have any chance of getting a big contract hes going to have to prove it this year. The guy knows the situation here if he signs a one year deal elsewhere and it goes terribly wrong his chance at a big payday will be over or will be severely hampered

He is unsigned due to money not due to not finding a happy spot. This is arguably the last place that will help him bring up his dollars after a 1-2 year deal. We're not a pass-first team and he'd be joining a crowded group of receivers.

For 1 year he should be someplace like Arizona who has 1 other guy and nothing else whatsoever, plus a crappy defense that will keep the team in pass-pass-pass mode every week.

He is also unsigned because of his off the field antics and behavior, which obviously werent a problem when he played for the NYJETS. I see him as high risk high reward type of player.

He is also unsigned because of his off the field antics and behavior, which obviously werent a problem when he played for the NYJETS. I see him as high risk high reward type of player.

He is unsigned because of the money he still wants despite his off-field antics. He will have to earn that trust by staying out of trouble off the field AND showing that he's worthy of a big new deal on the field. He will not accomplish the latter by playing for the 2011 Jets.

He is unsigned because of the money he still wants despite his off-field antics. He will have to earn that trust by staying out of trouble off the field AND showing that he's worthy of a big new deal on the field. He will not accomplish the latter by playing for the 2011 Jets.

I think it will be the NYJETSover a team going nowhere fast. Braylon has been in that situation in Cleveland before.

I think it will be the NYJETSover a team going nowhere fast. Braylon has been in that situation in Cleveland before.

He will not reach any statistical incentives with the Jets. None that are worthy of a big payday anyway. Oddly enough, he's probably more likely to reach receiving stat incentives with Cleveland.

How can you determine that?

Jets are a run-first team with a top-notch defense. How many games will we be pass-happy enough to overcome the addition of Plaxico? Edwards couldn't break a measly 1000 yards for the Jets with no Plaxico and with Holmes suspended for 1/4 of the season.

Huh?

If they weren't a problem for him here, the Jets or someone else would've signed him by now. The one car accident and now the bar brawl in recent days have probably made him toxic.

Huh?

If they weren't a problem for him here, the Jets or someone else would've signed him by now. The one car accident and now the bar brawl in recent days have probably made him toxic.

Last season when he was on the team what problems did he have off the field?

Thats it! Thats a common occurence amongst NFL players in the league. A minor infraction compared to what others have been involved in. Most notetly carrying a loaded gun into a crowded nightclub. :rolleyes:

Are you saying it's not a problem? :lol:

Thats it! Thats a common occurence amongst NFL players in the league. A minor infraction compared to what others have been involved in. Most notetly carrying a loaded gun into a crowded nightclub. :rolleyes:

Yeah that's it. The Jets are completely unaware of the assault case he was convicted on, or his late night/early morning one car accident, or his friends' recent bar brawl. None of that is a factor when the Jets are considering handing this player millions of dollars.

Fact is, they probably have an earful of other Braylonisms that never made it to the papers. He's got a string of incidents that point clearly to a drinking problem.

I like the guy, too, and would be happy to have him back cheap with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove - but take the blinders off, already.

Yeah that's it. The Jets are completely unaware of the assault case he was convicted on, or his late night/early morning one car accident, or his friends' recent bar brawl. None of that is a factor when the Jets are considering handing this player millions of dollars.

Fact is, they probably have an earful of other Braylonisms that never made it to the papers. He's got a string of incidents that point clearly to a drinking problem.

I like the guy, too, and would be happy to have him back cheap with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove - but take the blinders off, already.

No blinders, I just like talented football players that leave it all on the field.

Archived