ESPN Power Rankings (Pre-Season)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont even understand where this guys argument comes from. I dont give a flying **** aboit qb rankings. Sanchez has taken us to the AFC Championship game the FIRST TWO seasons of his career. All i hear is people saying its important for these rookie qb's to sit for 2 years and learn...Sanchez didnt even get to do that, instead he took us to afc championship games on the road.

He is a Penningtonologist. He confuses "passer rating" with QB rating.

He is a Penningtonologist. He confuses "passer rating" with QB rating.

For real! haha i mean its crazy and the more i listen to espn and all these analysts the more impressed i am with what sanchez has done so far. All these rookie qbs this year, all you hear is "oh no! They shouldnt be playing yet! Wait a few years and learn the league" Yet in Sanchez's THIRD year (most rookie qb's true 1st year) he has already been to afcc twice. And hes going to be better this year.

Then so is Henne. Because, statistically, they're equals. And if we factor in balls that SHOULD'VE been intercepted but were dropped, than Henne blows SAnchez out of the water.

This game is about the quarterback. That's why the Patriots went 14-2 last year. If you have a really good defense (which the Jets do) you can win games that way too. But the fastest track to the title is through the quarterback.

Look at the last X Super Bowl champions.

2010 Packers - Aaron Rodgers (Best QB (and player) in the NFL, IMO)

2009 Saints - Drew Bress (Top 5)

2008 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2007 Giants - Eli Manning (The one anamoly, but still top 15. Not a bad QB like Sanchez)

2006 Colts - Peyton Manning (Top 2 at the time)

2005 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2004 Patrios - Tom Brady (Top 3)

2003 Patriots - Tom Brady (Top 3)

Yeah, good quarterbacking doesn't win championships. Stick with Sanchez and watch him pile up the rings. ;)

Statistically Sanchez is better if you are counting wins as one of those statistics.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN INTERCEPTED is less of a statistic then wins.

Henne blows period

Agreed on the QB thing. Question? If the Jets defense got them in the playoffs without Sanchez and then why did Miami's awesome defense do jack shiit?

As a bad QB Sanchez has more playoffs win in his first two years than any of them I believe. Maybe not Brady. Not sure , but I am sure he has more playoff wins then Chade Henne. LOL

Weird. Tom Brady throws 36 touchdowns and 4 INTs, wins unanimous MVP, and Mark Sanchez ranks in the bottom 10 of starting quarterbacks.

Of course a Fin fan only cares about the regular season.

Too bad the Fins suck in the regular season also.

Want to make a bet that Henne has a better year than Sanchez?

:face:

Dude, Chad Henne lost his job to a cripple. Twice.

And now they're trying to replace him with either a JAG, or a QB who should've retired 2 yrs ago.

Then so is Henne. Because, statistically, they're equals.

For their careers:

Henne:

582/953 (61.1%)

6,246 yds (6.6 YPA, 10.7 YPC)

27 TD

33 INT

Sanchez:

569/1028 (55.4%)

6,890 (6.7 YPA, 12.1 YPC)

37 TD

36 INT

So just to recap, for their careers the one area Henne beats out Sanchez is completion %, which only makes it mean that much more that Sanchez is better in every other category, considering that certainly hurts those other numbers. Oh yeah, and Henne also has one more year experience in the league. Oh, and Sanchez's numbers are heavily diluted by the fact that he was thrown into the fire as a rookie while Henne was busy warming the bench his rookie year. If you look at just last year's numbers, Sanchez (in his second year) outperforms Henne (in his third) only that much more. So yeah, Sanchez >>>>>>>> Henne, and it's not even realistically debatable. And that's not even discussing their win-loss records.

For their careers:

Henne:

582/953 (61.1%)

6,246 yds (6.6 YPA, 10.7 YPC)

27 TD

33 INT

Sanchez:

569/1028 (55.4%)

6,890 (6.7 YPA, 12.1 YPC)

37 TD

36 INT

So just to recap, for their careers the one area Henne beats out Sanchez is completion %, which only makes it mean that much more that Sanchez is better in every other category, considering that certainly hurts those other numbers. Oh yeah, and Henne also has one more year experience in the league. Oh, and Sanchez's numbers are heavily diluted by the fact that he was thrown into the fire as a rookie while Henne was busy warming the bench his rookie year. If you look at just last year's numbers, Sanchez (in his second year) outperforms Henne (in his third) only that much more. So yeah, Sanchez >>>>>>>> Henne, and it's not even realistically debatable. And that's not even discussing their win-loss records.

Plus Henne started four years in school, while Sanchez started just 16 games (and won a Championship).

Sanchez is on a steep incline, Henne's play is flat-lined.

How the **** are the Patriots ranked ahead of us?

Cause they're a better team then we are. I would put the Jets at 9 behind Indy and Baltimore. This team isn't going to be that good, 9 and 7 behind the Pats, Wildcard maybe and we'll lose that. Average QB, no depth on the Oline, RBs are questionable, WRs outside of Holmes are questionable, Keller can't really say cause it depends on how they use him, Safeties are a huge question, CBs are good as long as Revis and Cromo don't get hurt, DL should be ok but we're hoping two rookies can make an impact, OLB is a question mark, ILB were good.

There are way to many question marks to say this team is going to be good much less better then the Pats.

Cause they're a better team then we are. I would put the Jets at 9 behind Indy and Baltimore. This team isn't going to be that good, 9 and 7 behind the Pats, Wildcard maybe and we'll lose that. Average QB, no depth on the Oline, RBs are questionable, WRs outside of Holmes are questionable, Keller can't really say cause it depends on how they use him, Safeties are a huge question, CBs are good as long as Revis and Cromo don't get hurt, DL should be ok but we're hoping two rookies can make an impact, OLB is a question mark, ILB were good.

There are way to many question marks to say this team is going to be good much less better then the Pats.

You're nuts.

How the **** are the Patriots ranked ahead of us?

This is nothing new. The Patriots get their dicks sucked constantly by the media. It's all we ever hear about. It's going to be funny when the Jets beat them twice and take the division this year. What's really silly is that the Saints and Falcons are both rated higher when they had 2 of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year and still failed. So the Saints lose Reggie Bush and somehow get better? What moves did they make? Falcons need to prove themselves as a team that does more than beat crappy teams. They were a 10-6 caliber team last year at best.

YES! We need more of that this year. A Jets' preseason isn't complete until much of the fanbase thoroughly underrates the Jets while completely overrated the competition and claiming they're being "objective." Uhm, no you're not. That's just as biased as being a homer or hater.

YES! We need more of that this year. A Jets' preseason isn't complete until much of the fanbase thoroughly underrates the Jets while completely overrated the competition and claiming they're being "objective." Uhm, no you're not. That's just as biased as being a homer or hater.

I've never once said I was being objective, now if you said I was being a dick I probably would have went along with it.

Actually, Sanchez has more road playoff wins than any QB in the history of the game.

Sanchez had more road playoff wins last year alone than Tom Brady has home playoff wins the last two years combined.

/realtalk

Contrived statistic is contrived. All that proves is that the Jets have were significantly better in the playoffs last year than they were in the regular season.

If you want to show that Sanchez is good in the playoffs, use his actual passing stats. They are pretty impressive:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=f4HY9

Contrived statistic is contrived. All that proves is that the Jets have were significantly better in the playoffs last year than they were in the regular season.

If you want to show that Sanchez is good in the playoffs, use his actual passing stats. They are pretty impressive:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=f4HY9

Sanchez = 6th best postseason QB of all-time.

Brady = 13th best postseason QB of all-time.

Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady

/realtalk

Hey, you posted the link.

Funny I didn't see Henne's name anywhere on the list of postseason passing statistics. Oh, that's right! That's because he sucks.

Brady has played a lot more playoff games than Sanchez. I expect Sanchez to regress to his mean. Also, passer rating is far from perfect.

Guest Jpf4671

Wanna bet that Henne is out of the league a year from now?

2 years from now he'll be out, next year he can back up Sanchez until McElroy is ready for the # 2 spot,.lol

Archived