Schein: Patriots are better than last year

Jetsfan80

I can get a Pats fan being happy with their team, positive about their prospects for this season, etc. But if you actually agree with this article, this is so far beyond just that, that you just look like a complete idiot. This isn't even a point of discussion, the entirety of this article is pure crap, and regardless of how you feel about the Patriots, an inability to see that brings your intelligence into serious question. I have no doubt a lot of is just for the sake of saying it, and nothing but pure trolling, but do you not understand what a complete freakin' moron you look like in the process? Far more so than even the typical degree of stupidity that's automatically associated with a troll. Don't be that guy.

But there are New York ballwashers like Joe Buck and Tim McCarver on FOX.

I've never heard anyone else say that. Ever. Mccarver admits to hating the Yankees because they fired him and every yankee fan I know despises Buck.

Btw do you hear the media EVER bring up the institutional cheating or that they magically stopped winning super bowls since a portion of their cheating was exposed?

People say it about Buck and McCarver all the time here. The truth is probably that they suck up to both the Sox and the Yankees now.

As for the other, I don't hear much about Spygate anymore (although I did hear about it a bit last year in conjunction with the Broncos scandal). I think it's mostly chance that we haven't won the Superbowl since 2004. We only lost to the Giants by 3 points and we have had some very good records. I'm sure we'll turn it around eventually.

People say it about Buck and McCarver all the time here. The truth is probably that they suck up to both the Sox and the Yankees now.

As for the other, I don't hear much about Spygate anymore (although I did hear about it a bit last year in conjunction with the Broncos scandal). I think it's mostly chance that we haven't won the Superbowl since 2004. We only lost to the Giants by 3 points and we have had some very good records. I'm sure we'll turn it around eventually.

Buck and McCarver just suck and everyone hates them for different, all good, reasons. That really has nothing to do with the complete crap that surrounds your team. Every move they make is hailed as genius on ESPN and most other outlets, their checkered drafting is ignored and worst of all, their cheating was brushed under the rug and ignored. The only person I've seen in the media who's not scared to call that tainted franchise out for the fraud it is is Jason Whitlock.

Bunch of spin but so is the sh*t you Jet homers spew.

"You Jets homers"? Have you been reading the same site as the rest of us? There's been more incessant whining and crybaby bullsh*t amongst Jets fans over the past few weeks over every time a player sneezes than I could ever possibly imagine.

"You Jets homers"? Have you been reading the same site as the rest of us? There's been more incessant whining and crybaby bullsh*t amongst Jets fans over the past few weeks over every time a player sneezes than I could ever possibly imagine.

There are lots of homers too man. You're just seeing what you want to see. It looks like you're a cynical person so that's all you notice.

Except you really won't. You had your run and now its over. Your QB is 34 and doesn't play with the same intensity he once did when it counts the most and you are adding old guys to your defense in a desperate attempt to prolong the closing of a window that's been shut since the day Brady blew out his knee.

You don't suddenly turn it around at this point. The Pats are at the point that every team that's every had run eventually gets to: they are still good enough to be competitive but are no longer a legit threat because they are too old and fire is gone.

The window is closed. Deal with it.

There are lots of homers too man. You're just seeing what you want to see. It looks like you're a cynical person so that's all you notice.

I never said there weren't any homers, but this board has been absurdly negative lately. So apparently I'm the cynical one because I dare acknowledge the fact that other people have constantly bitched and moaned about every single move the Jets have made this offseason? Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Buck and Mccarver despise the Yankees. Love Boston. The last Saturday game they were doing, Mccarver was basically blowing Daniel Bard, next pitch, Tex hits a home run and McCarver then says "well its easy to hit home runs when you're down runs in late innings"....just comical

ESPN is based in Bristol, the guy who created ESPN was a New England guy, its pretty pro Boston sports.

Buck and Mccarver despise the Yankees. Love Boston. The last Saturday game they were doing, Mccarver was basically blowing Daniel Bard, next pitch, Tex hits a home run and McCarver then says "well its easy to hit home runs when you're down runs in late innings"....just comical

ESPN is based in Bristol, the guy who created ESPN was a New England guy, its pretty pro Boston sports.

The Sunday night game between the Yanks and Sox was almost unwatchable because of that awful new Sunday Night Baseball crew. You would have thought the Sox were playing a split-squad game for how little they even mentioned the Yankees.

I miss Johnny Miller and Joe Morgan.

I never said there weren't any homers, but this board has been absurdly negative lately. So apparently I'm the cynical one because I dare acknowledge the fact that other people have constantly bitched and moaned about every single move the Jets have made this offseason? Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Homer!

3. The pass rush and pass defense is going to be much improved

Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty laughed in unison when I asked them about playing more of the 4-3 vs. the 3-4, explaining that they play it all. Or as Chung said, "That's something for you guys in the media."

Fair enough. But I think Belichick gave us a glimpse when he told us, "We are going to have to figure out a way to manage our roster probably a little bit differently on the defensive side of the ball than in the past. It is always a challenge every year, and there are always a few decisions in whether you want to carry an extra receiver or DB, or however it works out. But in this case I think the linebacker, defensive line numbers will probably shift a little bit from what they have been in previous years."

I think there has been a common theme in the last two playoff losses for New England when you look at the Pats defense. They have been inexplicably pushed around by the Ravens and Jets the last two seasons. Belichick obviously sees that and is making the necessary adjustments.

Leigh Bodden is healthy after spending last year on IR. For years, I've argued that Bodden is very underrated, with a great knack for creating turnovers. Him teaming with the great Devin McCourty can turn a negative into a positive.

McCourty is something special. His football intelligence, ability to line up anywhere and make plays, doing it as a neophyte last year, is simply remarkable. I voted for him first team All-Pro last season, even as a rookie. And now he actually knows the system. Chung told us, "I can honestly say when he came in is when I noticed how special he is. He (McCourty) came in very mature, ready to work, quiet, doing his job, knows what to do, works hard and you can see what happened."

I don't think the Patriots will go into the season having a better defense than the Jets, Steelers, Ravens or Chargers. But I think the Patriots' defense is leaps and bounds ahead of last season, with the potential to be great, and in the same sentence as these aforementioned defenses. It will be coached up by Belichick, after all.

He titles this section, "the pass rush [will be] much improved."

Is there a single word in that entire section relating to the Pats' pass rush being any better this season?

He titles this section, "the pass rush [will be] much improved."

Is there a single word in that entire section relating to the Pats' pass rush being any better this season?

He didn't say a single word about it. This is my favorite line from that section:

I think there has been a common theme in the last two playoff losses for New England when you look at the Pats defense. They have been inexplicably pushed around by the Ravens and Jets the last two seasons. Belichick obviously sees that and is making the necessary adjustments.

Can someone explain to me how bringing in a bunch of old guys is going to prevent this from happening again?

Not to mention - how is it "inexplicable?" The Jets and Ravens both have outstanding offensive lines. That's actually very easily explained.

Archived