•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will the Pats be without both TE's this Thursday?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,114 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

anyone have any idea on Hernandez?
Blackout, on 16 Oct 2014 - 10:28 PM, said: i HATE saying this but CJ2k is now CJ 0.5K at this point

#2 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,148 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Like it matters? The Ladyboy will still vivisect the Jets.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#3 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,727 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

According to the Boston Globe, Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is expected to return on Thanksgiving night against the Jets.

Per reliable beat reporter Greg Bedard, the Patriots held Hernandez out of Sunday's win over the Colts only because the recovery time (soreness, swelling) likely would have been too short with a Thursday night game next on the slate. Hernandez has practiced in "limited" fashion the past two weeks, so he's appeared close to playing. On Thanksgiving, the Pats could use Michael Hoomanawanui or Daniel Fells at Rob Gronkowski's (broken forearm) "Y" tight end position. Visanthe Shiancoe is Hernandez's backup at the "F" tight end spot

JetNation.com

#4 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yes.

If Hernandez wasn't ready for yesterday's game, why would he be ready for Thursday's?
Four days won't make much of a difference.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Garb

Garb

Little Miss Sunshine

• Members
  • 17,285 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Manza-Young of the Boston Globe is reporting that he could have played yesterday, but they opted to hold him out one more game. He'll be active Thursday night. Whether he'll be effective is another matter.
BINGO! - Troy Brown

#6 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

No...Brady will play!

#7 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Manza-Young of the Boston Globe is reporting that he could have played yesterday, but they opted to hold him out one more game. He'll be active Thursday night. Whether he'll be effective is another matter.

I think this is the point. He MAY play. But how effective will he be? Just a decoy perhaps?

#8 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yes.

If Hernandez wasn't ready for yesterday's game, why would he be ready for Thursday's?
Four days won't make much of a difference.....
BD

Did the Patriots need Hernandez? No.

I am sure that weighed on the Patriots minds as the decision was to go with him or not. Seeing the Jets is a division game, it made more sense to give him the extra four days.
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#9 Garb

Garb

Little Miss Sunshine

• Members
  • 17,285 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think this is the point. He MAY play. But how effective will he be? Just a decoy perhaps?

I hear McDaniels wants to play him all over the place - te, slot, h-back, 4 wide...the way he was utilized towards the end of the year last season.
BINGO! - Troy Brown

#10 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,312 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I hear McDaniels wants to play him all over the place - te, slot, h-back, 4 wide...the way he was utilized towards the end of the year last season.

No sh*t? Sweet. I'm starting him this week.

The Jets suck.
Posted Image

#11 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Did the Patriots need Hernandez? No.

I am sure that weighed on the Patriots minds as the decision was to go with him or not. Seeing the Jets is a division game, it made more sense to give him the extra four days.

When he's tearing it up in practice, bring him back. He's barely showing up to practice.

If he plays, he'll just be a wounded decoy. Why risk him? You're going to the post season. This game means little to the Pats. get him healthy. Don't rush him back......
BD

#12 Jared

Jared

Free Agent

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Even without both Gronk and AH, you could have Brady throwing to Welker / Lloyd / Edelman / Shiancoe / Woodhead (or Vereen). That group would still be better than middle of the pack in terms of receiving weapons compared to the rest of the league. With the Jets having their own defensive woes due to injury or age, Brady should put up good numbers unless the Jets front seven has a monster pass rushing game.

#13 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,973 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

When he's tearing it up in practice, bring him back. He's barely showing up to practice.

If he plays, he'll just be a wounded decoy. Why risk him? You're going to the post season. This game means little to the Pats. get him healthy. Don't rush him back......
BD

Every game matters in playoff seeding particularly AFC opponents.

Getting Hernandez back in production mode starts now for the final 6 games, 2 vs beastly defenses like SF and Houston.

#14 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Every game matters in playoff seeding particularly AFC opponents.

Getting Hernandez back in production mode starts now for the final 6 games, 2 vs beastly defenses like SF and Houston.

If you think he's (almost) ready, and YOU NEED HIM to beat the Jets, play him. I would think long-term.

If you re-injure him now, he's done for the season, and you're screwed in the Playoffs, a place where the Pats need to play better, not the regular season......
BD

#15 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

• Members
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

If you think he's (almost) ready, and YOU NEED HIM to beat the Jets, play him. I would think long-term.

If you re-injure him now, he's done for the season, and you're screwed in the Playoffs, a place where the Pats need to play better, not the regular season......
BD

The offense seems to doing OK. I do not expect a repeat of the game in Foxboro. Gronk will be back in 6 weeks if any thing happened to Hernandez.

I dont think NE is rushing him. They never have rushed players into action before and certainly not with NFL player safety being what it is today.

#16 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mo Lew 2.0*

*Mo Wilk Kills Brady!

**There is no Brady 2.0

***It's Over.

Posted Image

#17 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

The offense seems to doing OK. I do not expect a repeat of the game in Foxboro. Gronk will be back in 6 weeks if any thing happened to Hernandez.

I dont think NE is rushing him. They never have rushed players into action before and certainly not with NFL player safety being what it is today.

That's why I'm not expecting him. He didn't even dress this past week. So that's sayin' somethin.

People don't start 4 days after not dressing......
BD

#18 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

• Members
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

That's why I'm not expecting him. He didn't even dress this past week. So that's sayin' somethin.

People don't start 4 days after not dressing......
BD

Talib was off 4 weeks and started
Posted Image

#19 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

You mean suspended. Not the same thing.....
BD

#20 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

BD

FWIW.....and it is worth nothing until Thursday's inactives are announced. I know what the URL says, but the article says Thursday.

http://nesn.com/2012...t-ankle-injury/
Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#21 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

FWIW.....and it is worth nothing until Thursday's inactives are announced. I know what the URL says, but the article says Thursday.

http://nesn.com/2012...t-ankle-injury/

Pats are in a tough spot without Gronk. They may feel vulnerable without both TEs. They know the Jets can't cover TEs.

But if he gets re-injured......I guess they aren't worried about getting passed in the division race.

He may help them just as a decoy. The Jets will spend major resources to cover TEs, because they know they stink at it......
BD

#22 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Pats will start Wilfork at TE and Woodhead in the slot with an unretired Troy Brown running the wildcat and we'll still be plugging Tebow in to run for a yard after Sanchez completes two in a row for a first down. Just sayin'.

#23 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I heard Hernandez is playing

#24 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,830 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm hoping for more of that moronic alligator arm clapping from Landry.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users