How bad did the Jets lie to Tebow?

THE ILK

Seriously,

What did they tell him to get him to come here and not Jax?

Why Was Tanny making moves for him in the first place?

It has been blatantly obvious the coaching staff wants nothing to do with him.

Why were they forcing him into games and basically giving away downs?

How could it take so long and so much suck before giving McElroy a chance?

It's one giant cluster **** of incompetence!

If Woody does not clean house after this mess, then he is the culprit!

Seriously,

What did they tell him to get him to come here and not Jax?

Why Was Tanny making moves for him in the first place?

It has been blatantly obvious the coaching staff wants nothing to do with him.

Why were they forcing him into games and basically giving away downs?

How could it take so long and so much suck before giving McElroy a chance?

It's one giant cluster **** of incompetence!

If Woody does not clean house after this mess, then he is the culprit!

Your asking the wrong question about Tebow, the real question is how did everyone believe John Elways lie that he gave Tebow a choice? Elway took the best deal on the table, he knew he had to do what was best for his football team, and the Jets ponied up more than Jacksonville offered plain, and simple, and it made it much easier for him to lie knowing Tebow wouldn't bad mouth the devil, and the Jets would want you to actually believe the choir boy, all American boy that everyone loves would actually choose the Jets over home showing all the talking heads how they are wrong about the perception around the NFL about the Jets.

Your asking the wrong question about Tebow, the real question is how did everyone believe John Elways lie that he gave Tebow a choice? Elway took the best deal on the table, he knew he had to do what was best for his football team, and the Jets ponied up more than Jacksonville offered plain, and simple, and it made it much easier for him to lie knowing Tebow wouldn't bad mouth the devil, and the Jets would want you to actually believe the choir boy, all American boy that everyone loves would actually choose the Jets over home showing all the talking heads how they are wrong about the perception around the NFL about the Jets.

I'm not so sure Elway was lying, didn't Tebow pretty much confirm this, and that the Jets told him he would have a chance to start here?

Even if this is all lies,

Why was Tanny pursuing him, against the coaches wishes?

Woody said he had no more input in this than he has had in any other player.

If heads do not roll, Woody is going to be painted the liar.

I'm not so sure Elway was lying, didn't Tebow pretty much confirm this, and that the Jets told him he would have a chance to start here?

Even if this is all lies,

Why was Tanny pursuing him, against the coaches wishes?

Woody said he had no more input in this than he has had in any other player.

If heads do not roll, Woody is going to be painted the liar.

You actually believe Woody? Seriously? Yea just like it wasn't Woody screaming get me Favre, and when he made it very clear he didn't want to play here, it wasn't Woody screaming do whatever you have to do to get me a big name QB, even if it's a high draft pick, Woody is obsessed with high profile (name only apparently) QB's, and he will continue to try, and get one at all costs. I'm all for getting a high profile QB, but not at the expense of the rest of the team suffering. And all 3 have been giant collasal **** ups, Favre, Sanchez, and Tebow, Woody has to be fuming right now at the fact that Greg Mac was the QB late in today's game, in his mind that's unacceptable nobody knows who the **** he is!

You actually believe Woody? Seriously? Yea just like it wasn't Woody screaming get me Favre, and when he made it very clear he didn't want to play here, it wasn't Woody screaming do whatever you have to do to get me a big name QB, even if it's a high draft pick, Woody is obsessed with high profile (name only apparently) QB's, and he will continue to try, and get one at all costs. I'm all for getting a high profile QB, but not at the expense of the rest of the team suffering. And all 3 have been giant collasal **** ups, Favre, Sanchez, and Tebow, Woody has to be fuming right now at the fact that Greg Mac was the QB late in today's game, in his mind that's unacceptable nobody knows who the **** he is!

Woody has publicly stated he wants a big arm QB, Favre fit that, none of these other clowns do.

So if it was all Woody, then we have to hope he fires everybody for not using Tebow.

Either way I'll take it, and hopefully one day someone forces Woody out.

Truthfully, they didn't have to lie. Tebow saw how sh*tty Sanchez was and made the natural assumption that he would be the starter by Halloween.

You don't think Tanny told Tebow he has a shot at starting here?

If he did, do you think he knew the coaches had no plans on using him?

Or do you think he had no idea what the coaches wanted?

How does he not get fired either way?

Yes, Rex , et al, are smart enough and slick enough to conspire this way or that and fool the entire fanbase and ownership, but too stupid to see Suckchez dying on the vine..

Rex is probably more surprised in the turn of events than anyone.

Perfect nursing home candidate, or toll booth operator.

There doesn't have to be any lying involved. The Jets could've brought Tebow in with every intention of giving him a chance to start, but then once they saw in person how much he sucks at QB they decided that he wouldn't get that chance.

I imagine that sort of thing happens to a lot of football players.

why does everyone just gloss over the fact that he has broken ribs. I saw a comment in the other thread that maybe Tebow wasn't really injured. Really? That's what's going on? JMO if Tebow was healthy, he might get the call yesterday. Rex hit his breaking point yesterday and Tebow was hurt for it. Bad luck.

They didn't lie to him at all. They told him they had a slot open for a back-up QB and Tebow, thinking like he does, thought he at some point would get a shot to play QB through injury or ineptitude. It wasn't dumb by the Jets or by Tebow. Lets go into fantasy land and say that this season Sanchez really turned the corner and got his act together, then at the 3/4 point Sanchez went down with the Jets at 8-4. With Tebow you have someone with proven ability to move the chains and put some points on the board albeit with an offense more gimmicky and different than the one you were running with your starter. And you still have a chance to make a respectable play off run. Don't tell me the Bears didn't wish they had Tebow rather than Caleb Hanie when Cutler went down last year - they would have been in the play-offs.

If the fantasy I spoke about would have played out - we would have Tebow to play-off run rather than sure to lose Brunell. PLUS - if Sanchez would have been anything better than deplorable this year - the Tebow shtick would have come off much better than it did when he got into the games for gimmick plays.

No doubt dimfart Johnson saw this name and the potential controversy as a seat filler - but it wasn't a dumb move by anybody. The dumb move was four years ago in the draft.

$2.5 million and a 4th. Trader Mike up in this motha****a.

Granted - it's more than this

Clemens, Kellen Jets $ 451,000

Ainge, Erik Jets $ 460,000

Ratliff, Brett Jets $ 301,000

But Tebow won some games with a so-so Denver offense - rest of the guys on this list likely wouldn't have in the same circumstance.

Now the 4th rounder is a whole other story

There doesn't have to be any lying involved. The Jets could've brought Tebow in with every intention of giving him a chance to start, but then once they saw in person how much he sucks at QB they decided that he wouldn't get that chance.

I imagine that sort of thing happens to a lot of football players.

He hasn't played QB, he has been in this dumbass wildcat role. Tim played read option last year. The Wildact is a running play. We will never know how well he would have done but my guess is that they would be 7-5.

He hasn't played QB, he has been in this dumbass wildcat role. Tim played read option last year. The Wildact is a running play. We will never know how well he would have done but my guess is that they would be 7-5.

The bolded is completely absurd.

The Denver Broncos lost 3 straight games at the end of the season with Tebow playing godawful and if it wasn't for the Raiders collapse the Broncos wouldve never won the division. In fact, Tebow was godawful in 4 of his last 5 games as a starter. To say that this Jets team would be 7-5 with him is an utter fantasy.

Archived