Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Barkley

whatever anyone thinks of him, can't argue that Philly didn't get good value with the pick. If he only ends up as a career backup it's still not terrible value.

Kind of pick that if he's not their QB of the future, he comes in and if his first game or two he does well in relief, then they'll get a higher pick in return in trade.

Look for Nick Foles to be traded?? Did not see Matt Barkley to the Eagles at all; just doesn't seem to be a fit with everything Kelly has been linked to. Interesting indeed.  Possibly see a run on QBs this round if teams like the Browns are nervous about losing competition for their incumbent starting QB. 

I can't believe at any point someone even suggested that Nassib would be taken with the 8th pick in the draft.

only reason that even came up was due to his ties with the Bills and their usual stupidity on draft day/

If hes available in the 5th would you take him ?

Nassib is a good 4th round development project and possible insurance policy.  He was one of my sleeper picks before all the talk of him going in rd 1 or 2.  This is about where he belongs.  Giants are always looking ahead.

I have no issue with the Giants' selection.  I think it's a good pick.  But Mayock's bias is overboard and sickening.

Mayock is bending over backwards to rationalize the Nassib pick with Eli entrenched as starter.  "If he's your #42 guy and you're picking at #110 and you don't take him, and you keep doing that over & over, then you're diluting your roster."

Meanwhile when the Jets - with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, and Greg McElroy - take the draft's top QB prospect at #39 without trading up, then he says, "I'm confused" by the selection.

What a cock.

Nassib is a good 4th round development project and possible insurance policy.  He was one of my sleeper picks before all the talk of him going in rd 1 or 2.  This is about where he belongs.  Giants are always looking ahead.

Bill Polian agrees... "Nassib is a great pick by the Giants"

Archived