Down goes A-Rod, Bruan, Gio Gonzalez, Melkey and about 16 others.

PFSIKH

I hope ARod gets suspended forever!

Yeah, you and literally everyone but the insurance company carrying his policy are in agreeance. I don't even know why Arod would want to come back at this point. I mean unless he decided to enter into a post baseball career of acquiring steroids, cause he sucks at it, he should be pretty set for life.

Can they retroactively go after Piazza? I hear he's still taking injections in his ass.

It's gotta annoy Yanks fans to no end that every Yankee not named Jeter has been linked to juice, but Piazza--as flagrant a user as anyone--has skated through.

I hope ARod gets suspended forever!

I don't know if they can do this, but if I was the Yankees, after Arod serves his suspension, I would ship him down to "A" ball & let him finish out his contract riding busses to the minor league games. Oh, & by the way, any homers he hit in the minors wouldn't count towards the record. About two weeks of the minors, he would be begging to get out of his contract so he could play somewhere else in the Majors.

It's gotta annoy Yanks fans to no end that every Yankee not named Jeter has been linked to juice, but Piazza--as flagrant a user as anyone--has skated through.

That's because Piazza never won anything outside of maybe a faggiest facial hair competition, nobody cares

Yeah, you and literally everyone but the insurance company carrying his policy are in agreeance. I don't even know why Arod would want to come back at this point. I mean unless he decided to enter into a post baseball career of acquiring steroids, cause he sucks at it, he should be pretty set for life.

Love of the game?

The most annoying thing about this is that Ortiz is still CLEARLY juicing and because he chose the right doctor that MLB hasn't found yet, he's going to get away with it while Braun and Arod get pilloried. 

Ortiz is not a douchebag.

A-Roid is a POS.

Braun pranced around like a peacock when he got off on a technicality.  He was not innocent of testing positive.  He was 'OJ'd' for his transgression.  Does not make him innocent.

Ortiz is not a douchebag.

A-Roid is a POS.

Braun pranced around like a peacock when he got off on a technicality.  He was not innocent of testing positive.  He was 'OJ'd' for his transgression.  Does not make him innocent.

How nice a guy you are shouldn't really matter...

How nice a guy you are shouldn't really matter...

It does though.

This is like any other job.  People who screw up can have their fate tied to how much of an a-hole they are.  Ortiz is generally well liked.

After being 'cleared' on a faulty chain of custody tangent, Braun got on his soap box and professed his innocence.  Again, he did not fight the positive sample, only how it was handled.  Everyone knows he was positive.  His diatribe painted a target on him.

Do you honestly expect the press to let that go when it comes back to haunt the player?   Hell no.

It does though.

This is like any other job.  People who screw up can have their fate tied to how much of an a-hole they are.  Ortiz is generally well liked.

After being 'cleared' on a faulty chain of custody tangent, Braun got on his soap box and professed his innocence.  Again, he did not fight the positive sample, only how it was handled.  Everyone knows he was positive.  His diatribe painted a target on him.

Do you honestly expect the press to let that go when it comes back to haunt the player?   Hell no.

I agree with you that Arod is much more hated by fans than Ortiz is but when it comes to the media I don't believe thats true. This is pretty much a "right doctor/wrong doctor" pure luck issue.

I agree with you that Arod is much more hated by fans than Ortiz is but when it comes to the media I don't believe thats true. This is pretty much a "right doctor/wrong doctor" pure luck issue.

Maybe, but A-Rod seems phony.  Take his actions on and off the field, he is hardly a likable player. 

Couple that with the self appointed guardians of the soul of baseball, it might be unfair, but he is reaping what he has sowed.

MLB has set themselves up for this embarrassment. No other sport cares all that much about PEDs. There is a segment of high and mighty a-hole sportwriters ho love this crap ebcause it's an easy story and it gives them the chance to ride their high moral horses. The HoF debate has created a situation where statistically HoF guys like Bagwell, Biggio and Piazza will never get in despite never testing positive.  And there is a schizophrenia to it; Consider Andy Pettitte admitted to using and is still going strong. Jason Giambi is touted as an elder statesman and a potential manager. Ortiz is still beloved. And in 1998 the same moral sportwriters were extolling the power surge. Funny, Mike Lupica wrote a whole book about that special season and how wonderful Sosa and MCGuire were. Now he cannot wait to lace into Alex Rodriguez.

If Selig had half a brain he'd wake up tomorrow and stop all this banning/testing nonsense and figure out a HoF that does involve about blowhard writers. The PED talk is really pointless. What is chemistry, what is nutrition and what is medicine? The lines are all blurred.

MLB has set themselves up for this embarrassment. No other sport cares all that much about PEDs. There is a segment of high and mighty a-hole sportwriters ho love this crap ebcause it's an easy story and it gives them the chance to ride their high moral horses. The HoF debate has created a situation where statistically HoF guys like Bagwell, Biggio and Piazza will never get in despite never testing positive.  And there is a schizophrenia to it; Consider Andy Pettitte admitted to using and is still going strong. Jason Giambi is touted as an elder statesman and a potential manager. Ortiz is still beloved. And in 1998 the same moral sportwriters were extolling the power surge. Funny, Mike Lupica wrote a whole book about that special season and how wonderful Sosa and MCGuire were. Now he cannot wait to lace into Alex Rodriguez.

If Selig had half a brain he'd wake up tomorrow and stop all this banning/testing nonsense and figure out a HoF that does involve about blowhard writers. The PED talk is really pointless. What is chemistry, what is nutrition and what is medicine? The lines are all blurred.

Word.

Great points about those sanctimonious a-hole writers.  It will be interesting this year with Maddux, Glavine and Frank Thomas becoming eligible.  I would says that dooms Jack Morris getting in on the ballot.

Bud has been some what progressive in dragging the game into this century with expanded playoffs and inter-league play.  His last act before he leaves as commish should be to fix the game that was allowed during his tenure.

Archived