Tom Brady on when he will retire-when I suck

faba

•  

Tom Brady on Retirement: 'When I Suck, I'll Retire.' By Kyle Newport , Featured Columnist

Charles Krupa/Associated Press

Some people don't know when to call it quits, but New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is not one of those people.

In fact, Brady knows exactly when he will retire—sort of. The 37-year-old isn't putting a number on when he will retire, but he let everyone know that he isn't going to just hang around and collect a paycheck.

The Patriots signal-caller talked about a number of things on WEEI 93.7 FM's The Dennis & Callahan Morning Show on Tuesday. Among the topics: retirement.

"When I suck, I'll retire," Brady said. "I don't plan on sucking for a long time."

•  

Tom Brady on Retirement: 'When I Suck, I'll Retire.' By Kyle Newport , Featured Columnist

Charles Krupa/Associated Press

Some people don't know when to call it quits, but New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is not one of those people.

In fact, Brady knows exactly when he will retire—sort of. The 37-year-old isn't putting a number on when he will retire, but he let everyone know that he isn't going to just hang around and collect a paycheck.

The Patriots signal-caller talked about a number of things on WEEI 93.7 FM's The Dennis & Callahan Morning Show on Tuesday. Among the topics: retirement.

"When I suck, I'll retire," Brady said. "I don't plan on sucking for a long time."

There are so many jokes....

I will leave the jokes aside.  I never thought I'd ever see a QB who truly approached the greatness of Joe Montana. Were it not for the helmet catch play (which also involved Eli breaking free  from a sack), at that point, Brady would've had 4 SB wins (same as Joe) plus an undefeated season.  Spygate does put stuff into question though.  But Brady is either #1b or #2 all-time in my opinion.  I say that as a football fan, despite the fact that the Pats are an arch-enemy.

The fact that his team was not able to win another SB AFTER SpyGate simply continues to lend credence to them cheating to win those championships.

If they win one this year, it would basically put SpyGate to bed for good but until they do, it will be like a gigantic asterisk following the franchise around.

Archived