Rex Ryan punches a wall in frustration

joewilly12

For all of his faults this is exactly why players like playing for Rex. Every one of those players knows they should have won and they all wanted to do the exact same thing. Getting on Rex for punching a wall because he knows he is going to lose his job due to the fact that his talent level is so poor is unfair.

For all of his faults this is exactly why players like playing for Rex. Every one of those players knows they should have won and they all wanted to do the exact same thing. Getting on Rex for punching a wall because he knows he is going to lose his job due to the fact that his talent level is so poor is unfair.

Oh, he was punching a wall because his talent sucks. That makes it more palpable.

Guys, before I say this I just want to say, I like Rex.

Walls don't hit back.

Now, I like Rex a whole heckuva lot, and you gotta love his passion and the way the players came out and got paid millions of dollars to give effort for him. Name me one other coach who could get effort out of professional athletes the way Rex does... go ahead... name one. Can't do it? Well, I'll tell you who can.... NOBODY.

Anyway, before I digress, I was just thinking, Rex is such a likable guy, and it kills me to see him reduced to wall punching. I just can't believe that for all these years while the entire team has changed around him, we've never been able to give him the combination of parts he needs to be able to win like he means it. His frustration is palpable, and understandable. The poor, poor guy hasn't eaten a rack of ribs in over 4 years, and the Jets betray him at every turn. No top 10 QB. No good offensive coordinator. Nobody who can run a wildcat play without it getting blown up for a loss. No corners, no corners and no corners. 

I mean, the Jets haven't even given him a new outfit for 6 years. He's been wearing that mock turtle neck and vneck sweater forever. It just isn't right. 

How is the poor guy supposed to win?

Oh, he was punching a wall because his talent sucks. That makes it more palpable.

I'm a restaurant manger, if I knew I was getting fired because my boss decided instead of serving prime rib n fresh salmon we would serve dog meat and anchovies from a can I would punch a wall too

I agree. Rex has no talent.

Here is what happened. One of our players was walking past a wall, and the wall accidentally bumped him.

True to his words, "you hit one of ours, we hit two of yours", Rex took out this wall, and plans on taking another one out at a time later this season.

It is news, because usually, you expect leaders of anything to not exhibit behavior that can be deemed as reckless or immature. 

If you are a leader, expectations are is that you you maturely process disappointment, channel it into its correct manner, and move on. 

Same as giving the middle finger to a group of unruly fans of an opposing team. Leaders do not do what is at the whim of their emotions. Otherwise, those that are under you think it is appropriate, and you create a group of undisciplined misfits.

Thank god the Jets are not that.

Dierking's idea of a "leader."

kiqphxuic3irkx8p783g.gif

No, that's not the point I was making at all and you know it. 

The POINT was had the Jets done what the Pats did, the media and the Rex haters like you and BP would be screaming to high heaven about how ******* terrible it was but when the Pats do it, it is taken in the spirit intended.

Now, GFY

jack-nicholson-you-cant-handle-the-truth

Archived