Jets projected at #6 to take Amari Cooper as per Mcshay

CobraVerde

What do you think of Mschay's pick?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like taking Amari Cooper @ #6?

• Yes. Good Deal. We need offensive firepower
    • No. Should move up to get either Winston or Mariotta. Do what you gotta do.
    • No. Should get someone else at #6 (please state who in post) or move down for more picks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right on point!  By the time Coop is measured he will be 5 11 and will run a 4 6 40. Stay away from Bama Busts for sure. Finally have

posters who know what they say :Banane43:

The other issue with Cooper is that when you pick a WR in the top 5 he needs to be able to run the whole route tree and win the battles in all routes. There are several routes Cooper I dont think he will be able to run in the NFL.

The other issue with Cooper is that when you pick a WR in the top 5 he needs to be able to run the whole route tree and win the battles in all routes. There are several routes Cooper I dont think he will be able to run in the NFL.

Cooper runs better routes and has better hands ....but I agree jets need to draft a better player

Cooper runs better routes and has better hands ....but I agree jets need to draft a better player

Who's better?  The guy who makes 35% of his throws to his first read and faces soft defenses in the PAC-12?

The only player in this draft who might be more talented is Melvin Gordon.  Cooper has dominated top competition.

Montgomery and Green-Beckham could round out that list.

Strong is my early darkhorse to be the next big thing.

Green-Beckham is a monster.  Trade back, draft OT Schreff and get an extra 2nd round pick. Then grab Green-Beckham and Petty in round 2.

Oh really???  I guess Rice sucks too as Montana and Young made rice a HOFer 

Difference there being that Rice was the #1 in SF for the majority of his career, whereas Wayne was the #2 for the majority of his career in Indy. And I'm not saying Wayne sucks, but I am saying that I wouldn't look to take a career #2 receiver on a prolific offense in the top 5. Because a team drafting in the top 5 likely wouldn't have a. the prolific offense or b. the #1 receiver to lead to a player like that having that kind of a career.

I'm glad some of you had Cooper in for as private workout. You know so much more than us common folk!

Maybe I'll wait for the combine to verify your expertize.

Cooper has only dominated the best conference for years, has excellent game speed and terrific hands. But yeah we should trade up for mariota.

Difference there being that Rice was the #1 in SF for the majority of his career, whereas Wayne was the #2 for the majority of his career in Indy. And I'm not saying Wayne sucks, but I am saying that I wouldn't look to take a career #2 receiver on a prolific offense in the top 5. Because a team drafting in the top 5 likely wouldn't have a. the prolific offense or b. the #1 receiver to lead to a player like that having that kind of a career.

Is this post serious?  Wayne is a 1st Ballot HOFer

julio Jones at Bama:

julio-jones-alabama-o.gif

Julio Jones in the NFL:

14bdc3d93dba2de9036d4aba586b6068.gif?141

catch1.gif

You do know I am a Bama fan right?  Cooper is better than Julio and I love Julio as a stud WR. Problem is Jets are a cursed franchise... what is best for Cooper?  stay away from Raiders and Jets and he should become a 1st ballot HoFer

You do know I am a Bama fan right?  Cooper is better than Julio and I love Julio as a stud WR. Problem is Jets are a cursed franchise... what is best for Cooper?  stay away from Raiders and Jets and he should become a 1st ballot HoFer

Do i need to remind you of a fairly famous Bama QB  that pretty good for us? And no, I am not talking about Greg Mcelroy

From what I have seen he is a very good route runner. Very elusive. Great hands. No fear over the middle. Fast.  

c813e740-784d-11e4-9155-359d3f06ea9c_coo

giphy.gif

He won't get free releases like that in the NFL. That combined with a faster game and his route will be much closer to the safeties. Not sure his body has what it takes to take that pounding week in and week out. It's a different game. Marquis Lee would be getting the same attention if he came out a year earlier. He is basically the same WR, with coincidentally the same coach.

Is this post serious?  Wayne is a 1st Ballot HOFer

I'm almost done with this, because it's obvious we disagree and you're bringing up irrelevant points as counterarguments. 

But the point of that post was that Wayne has spent the majority of his career being a #2 target. A very productive one, but Harrison was the primary for the first six seasons of Wayne's career and Hilton has been for the last two (granted, Wayne missed part of last season). Wayne was a primary for six years (2007-2012).

If you don't want to oversimplify, he was about 50/50 with Harrison two if the years I'm counting Harrison as the primary and about 50/50 with Clark one of the years I counted Wayne as the primary and about 50/50 with Garcon another of those years. So I think it's fair to say he was a #2 most of his career. Maybe you disagree, but you're not changing my mind on that.

Not sure what his HOF status has to do with his role on that offense. I'm not sure a receiver in the last 15 years has had a better situation than Wayne to put up stats. Yes, he's a good player and he's had a tremendous career. But I don't think it's fair to expect a player will land in a similar situation and be similarly productive, because his situation was extraordinarily unique. Especially if he's going to a top 5 team that definitely doesn't have those caliber of players.

I'm almost done with this, because it's obvious we disagree and you're bringing up irrelevant points as counterarguments. 

But the point of that post was that Wayne has spent the majority of his career being a #2 target. A very productive one, but Harrison was the primary for the first six seasons of Wayne's career and Hilton has been for the last two (granted, Wayne missed part of last season). Wayne was a primary for six years (2007-2012).

If you don't want to oversimplify, he was about 50/50 with Harrison two if the years I'm counting Harrison as the primary and about 50/50 with Clark one of the years I counted Wayne as the primary and about 50/50 with Garcon another of those years. So I think it's fair to say he was a #2 most of his career. Maybe you disagree, but you're not changing my mind on that.

Not sure what his HOF status has to do with his role on that offense. I'm not sure a receiver in the last 15 years has had a better situation than Wayne to put up stats. Yes, he's a good player and he's had a tremendous career. But I don't think it's fair to expect a player will land in a similar situation and be similarly productive, because his situation was extraordinarily unique. Especially if he's going to a top 5 team that definitely doesn't have those caliber of players.

huh?? Harrison stopped being productive in 2006. From 2007 until 2012 Wayne was the CLEAR #1 and he had 4 100 Reception years with 2 10 TD seasons. Wayne was a stud/HOFer in his own right. 

In fact in 2007 when harrison played only 5 games, Wayne put up 104/1510/10Tds. Please explain who was the #1 on that Colts team. 

He won't get free releases like that in the NFL. That combined with a faster game and his route will be much closer to the safeties. Not sure his body has what it takes to take that pounding week in and week out. It's a different game. Marquis Lee would be getting the same attention if he came out a year earlier. He is basically the same WR, with coincidentally the same coach.

OMFG you can't be serious.

Marquise Lee is 100x better than Cooper

huh?? Harrison stopped being productive in 2006. From 2007 until 2012 Wayne was the CLEAR #1 and he had 4 100 Reception years with 2 10 TD seasons. Wayne was a stud/HOFer in his own right. 

In fact in 2007 when harrison played only 5 games, Wayne put up 104/1510/10Tds. Please explain who was the #1 on that Colts team. 

Ditto.....Unreal

Also people who complain that Cooper will only be as good as Harrison or Wayne....what kind of coke are they snorting lol

Did you even read the full post? Your argument is repeating stuff I already acknowledged. I said Wayne was #1 from 2007-2012 (though he and Garcon were basically neck and neck in 2011 and he and Clark were pretty comparable in 2009). That's six seasons. Harrison from 2001-2006, that's six seasons. Hilton from 2013-2014, another two seasons. So eight out of 14 seasons, Wayne was not the primary target. That's the majority of his career.

Archived