Jets projected at #6 to take Amari Cooper as per Mcshay

CobraVerde

What do you think of Mschay's pick?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like taking Amari Cooper @ #6?

• Yes. Good Deal. We need offensive firepower
    • No. Should move up to get either Winston or Mariotta. Do what you gotta do.
    • No. Should get someone else at #6 (please state who in post) or move down for more picks

U mean Like getting all those Wr's in last years draft?

Getting a high-second round WR in a loaded class is nothing like waiting until the 4th round to take 2.

DGB could be a top-3 pick if he's stays in school and isn't a knuckle-head. Parker, Strong, maybe even Montgomery, could all be just as beneficial to their team as Cooper is to his.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a high-second round WR in a loaded class is nothing like waiting until the 4th round to take 2.

DGB could be a top-3 pick if he's stays in school and isn't a knuckle-head. Parker, Strong, maybe even Montgomery, could all be just as beneficial to their team as Cooper is to his.

U actually trust Iddy to make this pick?

U actually trust Iddy to make this pick?

If Dorial Green-Beckham declares for the draft, yes, I fully expect a GM will draft him. He's a top-3 overall type talent, his baggage won't keep teams away from him beyond the first few rounds. Getting him at the top of round 2, opposed to the middle of it, is not a significant reach IMO.

He will be worse than Geno Smith, but unlike Geno we will be wedded to him for 3 years minimum due to where he will be drafted.

If we're dumb enough to draft him, every "fan" that lobbied for him will IMO be every bit as culpable for the fallout as the FO/GM that drafts him.

And he doesn't pick apart sh*t - he dumps the ball off to Greene or O'Leary who do 99% of the work…and he's playing behind an O-Line with 3 guys who will go no later than the 2nd round.

Jameis is the beneficiary of playing on that team; their success is in spite of him, not because of him.

Comparing him as a prospect to Geno is absurd and just based on your dislike of him...as football players it aint close. Geno showed everyone at West Virginia when he faced pressure, he fell apart. Jameis makes throws while getting hit into tight windows. Jameis is executing a pro offense...there's hardly any zone read there.

If Dorial Green-Beckham declares for the draft, yes, I fully expect a GM will draft him. He's a top-3 overall type talent, his baggage won't keep teams away from him beyond the first few rounds. Getting him at the top of round 2, opposed to the middle of it, is not a significant reach IMO.

If Iddy is still around, not sure drafting a Turd is the way to go, DGB will be a Pats draftpik anyway

Comparing him as a prospect to Geno is absurd and just based on your dislike of him...as football players it aint close. Geno showed everyone at West Virginia when he faced pressure, he fell apart. Jameis makes throws while getting hit into tight windows. Jameis is executing a pro offense...there's hardly any zone read there.

Yeah, he's making throws alright - right into the arms of opposing DBs.

This kid will be the biggest bust since JaMarcus, and the blowback will be epic for whatever team drafts him (assuming he goes high in the 1st which, assuming the Jets pass on him, I doubt he does anyway).

Just because one "executes" a pro-style offense, doesn't mean they do it well.

Yeah, he's making throws alright - right into the arms of opposing DBs.

This kid will be the biggest bust since JaMarcus, and the blowback will be epic for whatever team drafts him (assuming he goes high in the 1st which, assuming the Jets pass on him, I doubt he does anyway).

Just because one "executes" a pro-style offense, doesn't mean they do it well.

lol he's never lost a game..I'd say he's doing ok.

FSU's star-studded team never lost a game in spite of the weak link at QB.

But hey, let's just bring back Tebow to man the position - after all, "all he does is win," right?  :rolleyes:

That's not a star studded team this year. Do you think  Jameis will be a bust because he's not a talented player or more because he's had issues off the field?

That's not a star studded team this year. Do you think  Jameis will be a bust because he's not a talented player or more because he's had issues off the field?

Sure they are, they just don't have Benjamin. O'Leary's still the best TE in the country, Greene's a 2nd rounder at worst, and Matias, Jackson, and Erving will all be drafted within the first 2 rounds. And thats not even bringing up all the stud 1st/2nd rounders on defense like Darby, Williams, Goldman, Edwards, etc.

And he'll bust because he's not a talented player. The character concerns are merely the cherry on top of the giant heap of sh*t some Jets fans are trying to pass off as a chocolate cupcake.

Even if Cooper runs a 4.4, what do you do when DGB runs a 4.51, nearly five inches taller?

Will DGB even last until our 2nd round pick, or will some team roll the dice and draft him early due to his freakish potential?

He seems like a total skell who I can see getting locked up a month after we draft him, but the talent is undeniable. I wouldn't hate going Peat in the 1st, DGB in the 2nd. He looks like he could be a legit #1.

Will DGB even last until our 2nd round pick, or will some team roll the dice and draft him early due to his freakish potential?

He seems like a total skell who I can see getting locked up a month after we draft him, but the talent is undeniable. I wouldn't hate going Peat in the 1st, DGB in the 2nd. He looks like he could be a legit #1.

The Pats will take him in 1st rd, Krafty likes these types

The Colts and Seahawks will be picking at the bottom of round 1, just ahead of the Pats. Fortunately for us, by then, the quality pass rushers will long be gone. We could potentially trade a player to get that slot.

Watkins ran 4.43 in combine, u really think 4.48 is that much different LOL

Cooper has 1 thing Sammie doesn't have, the desire to be the best to ever play

Geno Smith wanted to be the best ever too. I think it's a positive trait to have too, but come on dude. That alone doesn't get you drafted in the top 5.

Official combine 40's have been pretty slow in recent years - I wouldn't be surprised if Cooper doesn't even break a 4.50. But high 4.4's and low 4.4's are a big difference. And when Watkins is stronger, on par if not better in contested situations, quicker, and worlds better after the catch on top of .05 in the 40, it makes a difference. I'm not convinced Cooper is 210 either.

Also for what it's worth, I just re-watched the Cooper vs. Florida cutup. Made a couple catches against zone, got a couple of comebacks and a fade in the endzone against Hargreaves. Had a really nice catch on a sideline pattern against Hargreaves that got called back on a penalty, probably his most impressive play of the game. Also pushed off a couple of times against Hargreaves in coverage, got called for it once. Didn't separate from him extremely well in man when he wasn't pushing off besides that play.

Toasted a safety from the slot for a long TD and beat another corner badly once. But definitely didn't destroy Hargreaves in the game. They moved him into the slot a lot to get him away from Hargreaves' coverage so he could get loose. And he destroyed those guys - but again, I think playing WR for Kiffin helps. Lots of targets, get moved away from the coverage of the better players. Almost all of his yardage came against zone or a safety. Maybe he had better games, that one definitely didn't wow me.

I know we need  offense and getting Cooper who is advertised as the greatest since Jerry Rice. Well he is not even Sammy Watkins. This draft has many receivers  

so you want to get an impact player. I now everyone is going to call for my head but if I could get Shane Ray as my OLB who will rush the passer like you never seen.

He is my third best player in this draft and not too far from Leonard Williams for number 2.  Mariota is my number 1 because of his position and he has all the tools and

intangibles. Look at what Seattle did with their defense. We don't get enough pressure from our Linebackers. Calvin Pace needs to retire and Quinton Coples at OLB has been playing out of position. Put him back at DE rotation as the speed rusher.  You could get your receiver in the 2nd round. You probably have a choice of Hardy,  Coates  or my favorite Jalen Strong.  The best receiver in this draft is Dorial  Green Beckham who hasn't decided to come out.  He is a Megatron kind of receiver at 6:5   and  catches everything.  Cooper is a good receiver but you are not getting the sixth best player or best at his position. He is 6:1 and runs nice routes but this is the NFL we talking about. He is not going to get open like he did at Alabama.  Remember Alabama has 4 star to  5 star players at every position. The combine will be important to him as he has to run like Brandon Cooks or Odell Beckham. I don't think he has that speed. Did anyone watch the Mississippi game? He was shut down. I have been a college projecting junkie for along time before Kiper and I predicted the last two QB selections was going to be a disaster for the Jets.  Remember Jet fans like myself you were all talking about Milner being a shut down corner since he was an Alabama All American. I didn't want him and was pushing for Desmond Trufant.

Look at how that turned out. So go along and boo me but when you see Shane Ray play next year you are going to understand. You never know maybe the Jags will draft him before us than this is mute.        

I'm not saying Kiffin groomed him. He's playing in Kiffin's system this year. That system inflates #1 WR stats. Happened with Lee, happened with Woods before Lee. Those guys put up huge numbers, everyone thought they were going to be top 10 picks, turned out they were really average physically and went in the second round. I think Cooper's better than they were, but guys in that system get overhyped because they put up absolutely silly numbers.

Wide receivers who go in the top 10 are absolute physical freaks, along with being good wide receivers. I've watched a good amount of Cooper, and don't think he falls into that category. Probably above average across the board, not special athletically. I think he's a good wide receiver and supposedly a ridiculously hard worker so he'll probably be a good NFL player, I just don't think he fits the stud #1 WR profile. I'll certainly agree to disagree and we'll see how things shake out.

Cooper haa been hyped as a top 10 pick fir 3 years now, forget stats. Just look at what he did off his broken leg coming back, and dominating in the national championship game as a freshman I believe. Mark it down kid will be an all pro his whole career barring injury. And that's not even getting into how great the kid is off the field, and in the locker room, think Larry Fitzgerald good, model citizen, and extremely hard working.

I know we need  offense and getting Cooper who is advertised as the greatest since Jerry Rice. Well he is not even Sammy Watkins. This draft has many receivers  

so you want to get an impact player. I now everyone is going to call for my head but if I could get Shane Ray as my OLB who will rush the passer like you never seen.

He is my third best player in this draft and not too far from Leonard Williams for number 2.  Mariota is my number 1 because of his position and he has all the tools and

intangibles. Look at what Seattle did with their defense. We don't get enough pressure from our Linebackers. Calvin Pace needs to retire and Quinton Coples at OLB has been playing out of position. Put him back at DE rotation as the speed rusher.  You could get your receiver in the 2nd round. You probably have a choice of Hardy,  Coates  or my favorite Jalen Strong.  The best receiver in this draft is Dorial  Green Beckham who hasn't decided to come out.  He is a Megatron kind of receiver at 6:5   and  catches everything.  Cooper is a good receiver but you are not getting the sixth best player or best at his position. He is 6:1 and runs nice routes but this is the NFL we talking about. He is not going to get open like he did at Alabama.  Remember Alabama has 4 star to  5 star players at every position. The combine will be important to him as he has to run like Brandon Cooks or Odell Beckham. I don't think he has that speed. Did anyone watch the Mississippi game? He was shut down. I have been a college projecting junkie for along time before Kiper and I predicted the last two QB selections was going to be a disaster for the Jets.  Remember Jet fans like myself you were all talking about Milner being a shut down corner since he was an Alabama All American. I didn't want him and was pushing for Desmond Trufant.

Look at how that turned out. So go along and boo me but when you see Shane Ray play next year you are going to understand. You never know maybe the Jags will draft him before us than this is mute.        

You convinced me...Jets should stay far away from Cooper!

Any update on the draft status of QB Cook?

Since we are out of the Mariota/Winston lottery even when our two final thrashings by NE and MI are in the books, we hopefully land Cooper in the first round.

Looking for info on round 2 chances of landing an NFL potential QB since we have ZERO of those currently on the team

Cook, Hundley, Prescott, Grayson, others

Help wanted

Since we are out of the Mariota/Winston lottery even when our two final thrashings by NE and MI are in the books, we hopefully land Cooper in the first round.

Looking for info on round 2 chances of landing an NFL potential QB since we have ZERO of those currently on the team

Help wanted

He said this week  "I have unfinished business that I want to accomplish next year," Cook said Tuesday. "I think the only way I can do that is if I return."

I am sure the plan for the next year's qb for the jets is not going to be a rookie. I still would like to See what Geno could do under a Coach that demands attention to detail and not expects it. I like Hundley but he is Geno Redux. I think the jets carry 4 qbs next year incl 2 rookies

Help wanted

Pass on all. Winston is the only qb in this draft class that will be good in the nfl. We're better off trading a mid round pick for Glennon who I think got a raw deal in tampa.

Help wanted

cook said he plans to go back to Michigan state he said it yesterday he has unfinished businees

Archived