How about this for a trade up?

Davidkjet

I know some don't want to hear it but Mariota isn't worth trading up for he just isn't.  I mean if he was such a "cant miss prospect" then The Titans wouldn't be working so damn hard to trade their pick lol.   Truthfully I would rather trade down and get more picks. 

Agreed but we will never be a serious organization until we get a QB.

Can't tell me this team is excited about going to battle with Geno Fitzpatrick.

I hope we trade down as well but was just contemplating how trading up would work.

Note:  Next to the QB, RB touches the ball most.  If stuck at 6 and Cooper and Mariota gone, we should take Gurley

Can't tell me this team is excited about going to battle with Geno Fitzpatrick

Yes but there isn't a QB in this draft that is worth giving up what the Titans wants.  Like I said I don't think the Titans are sold on Mariota, they just want to get a kings ransom from a desperate team

Can't tell me this team is excited about going to battle with Geno Fitzpatrick.

I hope we trade down as well but was just contemplating how trading up would work.

Note:  Next to the QB, RB touches the ball most.  If stuck at 6 and Cooper and Mariota gone, we should take Gurley

WE have gotten a lot of quarterbacks.  They just all suck. Just like Mariiotta probably will.  

I think people here over value our draft picks. Would #6, Mo, and player with the potential of Calvin Pryor, or Coples, etc. worth solidifying the most important position on the field with a guy that with patience and proper development be a top 5 offensive weapon in the league? If so, then the 2016 1st rounder shouldn't be a deal breaker.

With or without Mariota, we won't be picking this high again with Mac and Bowles still employed. There are no other options in this draft and it's highly unlikely that we will have any opportunity at the elite QB talent next year without a bigger trade package than this year.

Without Mariota, Mac and Bowles are pinning their jobs and all the Jets chances of winning anything on Geno.

I think people here over value our draft picks. Would #6, Mo, and player with the potential of Calvin Pryor, or Coples, etc. worth solidifying the most important position on the field with a guy that with patience and proper development be a top 5 offensive weapon in the league? If so, then the 2016 1st rounder shouldn't be a deal breaker.

With or without Mariota, we won't be picking this high again with Mac and Bowles still employed. There are no other options in this draft and it's highly unlikely that we will have any opportunity at the elite QB talent next year without a bigger trade package than this year.

Without Mariota, Mac and Bowles are pinning their jobs and all the Jets chances of winning anything on Geno.

The problem is Mariota isn't a elite QB talent in the eyes of many.  Hell Winston(a better QB) has a ton of off the field issues and he is still ahead of Mariota.  Lets be honest there have been more questions about him being for real than not.  I mean Tennessee seems like they want to trade their pick, that's not showing a lot of faith in Mariota being a elite level QB

I'm OK with going up to #2 if Maccagnan thinks that Mariota is a franchise QB.  But, there's no way Tennessee is going to give us back a 2016 first-rounder in this deal.  The most optimistic viewpoint on a deal to #2 involving Wilkerson is that it only costs us our #6 overall and Wilkerson to go to #2 overall.  It might cost us a bit more than that, but there's less than a zero chance that Tennessee would be giving up anything other than that #2 pick.

The problem is Mariota isn't a elite QB talent in the eyes of many.  Hell Winston(a better QB) has a ton of off the field issues and he is still ahead of Mariota.  Lets be honest there have been more questions about him being for real than not.  I mean Tennessee seems like they want to trade their pick, that's not showing a lot of faith in Mariota being a elite level QB

When you say "in the eyes of many" I'm not sure that is accurate. He is in the eyes of several organizations, some with current legitimate QBs and some with out. The e fact that NYJ, Cle, StL, and Philly have reached out to Ten, leads me to believe that there are probably more organizations think very highly of him than don't.

I said it a while back that the FO and CS at Ten doesn't want him because he doesn't fit Whisenhut's preference of a QB. Plus, his team is terrible and with or without Mariota, he has a hard time keeping his job this year. If Ten takes Mariota, it will come from Ten ownership. With that in mind, it doesn't matter what we offer.

On the same page as you. Those are the four I'd want as well. All four have great athleticism/production and are at high impact positions.

Are you off Parker too?  I am.  Those playmaker score guys are crazy down on him, even if you adjust for his missing games (they don't usually) he still is well below average first rounder.  I'm off Fowler too, but for absolutely no reason.

Are you off Parker too?  I am.  Those playmaker score guys are crazy down on him, even if you adjust for his missing games (they don't usually) he still is well below average first rounder.  I'm off Fowler too, but for absolutely no reason.

It's all about MM, Williams possibly falling a little, Cooper/White, Offensive lineman, Gurley and Dupree.

I'm still high on Fowler but since almost every mock has him gone before us I haven't even thought about him in green and white.  

#6 and MO to Titans for pick #2, this year's 5th and their next year #1?

Not that I want to trade MO but if we don't want to pay him $50 million+ guaranteed...

Titans will probably record the call and post on Youtube so the whole world can lol, not just themselves.

#6 and MO to Titans for pick #2, this year's 5th and their next year #1?

Not that I want to trade MO but if we don't want to pay him $50 million+ guaranteed...

I'd offer that to Tampa first. I'd try to get away with a 2nd next yr. MO has proven value.

Archived