Jets should try and swap Milner for a backup QB

SR24

Like Austin Davis or Ponder. If Fitz goes down then we're really screwed

We were really screwed when Geno went down.  Frankly I think this fanbase deserves and probably on some psychotic level craves the absolute chaos and drama that will ensue if Petty becomes our starter. 

Like Austin Davis or Ponder. If Fitz goes down then we're really screwed

........says the worst armchair GM EVER!

A top CB talent who is having an excellent camp and WILL PLAY thisnseason for QB scraps? No thanks. I'll ride with our current depth as is.

........says the worst armchair GM EVER!

A top CB talent who is having an excellent camp and WILL PLAY thisnseason for QB scraps? No thanks. I'll ride with our current depth as is.

Top CB talent? Questionable. He's shown flashes but hasn't been healthy enough to actually put it together for more than a series or a game.

Excellent camp? He was having an okay camp by most reports, but he wasn't being talked about as much as say Williams, McDougle or Walls.

Will play this season? There's no guarantee of that. He's injured now and he'll need some time to get back, he could get injured again.

I think you severely overrate Dee here.

Only guy I see jets going after (cause Petty thier future in thier minds) is Tyler Thigpen,m FA , last cut 2014, knows Gaileys system from KC and had 2 decent# years, not many Ws on Herms horrid team,  If he is in football shape he is decent 3rd QB as he knows system is a Vet.

Might be cheap emergency option after Petty,, But for all I know he is on a couch somewhere at 320 lbs, lol

Only guy I see jets going after (cause Petty thier future in thier minds) is Tyler Thigpen,m FA , last cut 2014, knows Gaileys system from KC and had 2 decent# years, not many Ws on Herms horrid team,  If he is in football shape he is decent 3rd QB as he knows system is a Vet.

Might be cheap emergency option after Petty,, But for all I know he is on a couch somewhere at 320 lbs, lol

Just realized Chan brought hom to Bills in 2011-12 era also, so he has 4 years in Chans systrem. Also on 2012 Bills (so knows Chans system and now backup in Seattle) is Tarvaris Jackson.

What would it cost to get Jackson? Cant be much..But knows system second he walks off plane. Seahawaks lost some secondary strength in free agency, maybe Hawks willing to wait a yer on Millner or Allen for a backup QB?

Just realized Chan brought hom to Bills in 2011-12 era also, so he has 4 years in Chans systrem. Also on 2012 Bills (so knows Chans system and now backup in Seattle) is Tarvaris Jackson.

What would it cost to get Jackson? Cant be much..But knows system second he walks off plane. Seahawaks lost some secondary strength in free agency, maybe Hawks willing to wait a yer on Millner or Allen for a backup QB?

Seahawks like Jackson as their backup so they're not just going to give him to us they'll at least want a middle round pick.

i would offer a late round pick for Austin Davis, would also kick the tires on Glennon

Glennon would cost us. Probably like a 3rd round pick. He's a backup that can start on one third of the NFL teams. Idk about giving up a 3rd for basically 3-4 games.we need a backup. Not a starter. We have Fitz who can hold the fort. He wouldn't be asked to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs a game. A solid 200 yards, 60% completion with 1 or 2 TDs is all we need him to do and he's capable. With Geno, my hope was for 220-250 yard with 2 TDs and a pick a game average.

Glennon would cost us. Probably like a 3rd round pick. He's a backup that can start on one third of the NFL teams. Idk about giving up a 3rd for basically 3-4 games.we need a backup. Not a starter. We have Fitz who can hold the fort. He wouldn't be asked to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs a game. A solid 200 yards, 60% completion with 1 or 2 TDs is all we need him to do and he's capable. With Geno, my hope was for 220-250 yard with 2 TDs and a pick a game average.

We won't win anything with a complete game manager like that I do not think. Good teams have QBs that make plays and extend plays. we kind of get neither with Fitz which is why his stats look good but he does not win. Geno at least gave us the opportunity for a play making QB. People point to Seattle as the "blueprint" for this type of strategy but Wilson makes a LOT of plays. Awful day for a non-hater Jets fan.

Only guy I see jets going after (cause Petty thier future in thier minds) is Tyler Thigpen,m FA , last cut 2014, knows Gaileys system from KC and had 2 decent# years, not many Ws on Herms horrid team, If he is in football shape he is decent 3rd QB as he knows system is a Vet.

I expect that whoever we pick up will be ahead of Petty on the depth chart. They really don't want to play him this year.

We won't win anything with a complete game manager like that I do not think. Good teams have QBs that make plays and extend plays. we kind of get neither with Fitz which is why his stats look good but he does not win. Geno at least gave us the opportunity for a play making QB. People point to Seattle as the "blueprint" for this type of strategy but Wilson makes a LOT of plays. Awful day for a non-hater Jets fan.

True but that play making QB is sought after by half the league and is probably a starter somewhere else. Glennon isn't that player. We need to draft that QB. I was kinda hoping Geno would develop into a decent mid tier QB with the right supporting cast.

Archived