Oline doing some work for Fitzy

Jetster

I guarantee you these veteran Olineman are appreciating the quick decision making by Fitz.

We all know his arm is pretty weak, but you still have to defend the whole field because he knows his progressions. The Oline not needing to hold there blocks so long is a godsend for them. We don't have the BEST Oline on the league but we've got a pretty savvy group who are pretty smart & pretty tough. They know if they give Fitzy some time he'll most likely get positive yardage.

Not that up & down yoyo QB play they've gotten over the last 6 years. Move the chains, positive yardage, a bunch of Ivory, Powell, Stacy in the 4th quarter & the Jets can win some games next year. Keep the Oline zoned in & confident and they are good enough to crush tired defenses. Take a look at our schedule, no GREAT defenses in there. Hell, the best defenses are in our own division in Buffalo & Miami. The defenses in the NFC East are terrible. Of course the Eagles offense is pretty freaking scary.

I guarantee you these veteran Olineman are appreciating the quick decision making by Fitz.

We all know his arm is pretty weak, but you still have to defend the whole field because he knows his progressions. The Oline not needing to hold there blocks so long is a godsend for them. We don't have the BEST Oline on the league but we've got a pretty savvy group who are pretty smart & pretty tough. They know if they give Fitzy some time he'll most likely get positive yardage.

Not that up & down yoyo QB play they've gotten over the last 6 years. Move the chains, positive yardage, a bunch of Ivory, Powell, Stacy in the 4th quarter & the Jets can win some games next year. Keep the Oline zoned in & confident and they are good enough to crush tired defenses. Take a look at our schedule, no GREAT defenses in there. Hell, the best defenses are in our own division in Buffalo & Miami. The defenses in the NFC East are terrible. Of course the Eagles offense is pretty freaking scary.

Tell yourself whatever makes you happy.

funny a week ago, when they didn't look as good, Fitz was a check down QB.  The suicide watch proclaimed that you can't win with a check down QB.  It was a sign he sucked, we needed anyone other than Fitz to lead the team.

A week later, a better performance and check downs have now magically transformed into progressions.  And it is good.  Lol

funny a week ago, when they didn't look as good, Fitz was a check down QB.  The suicide watch proclaimed that you can't win with a check down QB.  It was a sign he sucked, we needed anyone other than Fitz to lead the team.

A week later, a better performance and check downs have now magically transformed into progressions.  And it is good.  Lol

I think the pro-Geno crowd probably got a little carried away with the need to minimize the potential for Fitz to contribute.

Tell yourself whatever makes you happy.

What I saw last night made me happy. Chan Gaileys spread offense is going to be a boon for our RBs. Ivory must look scary as sh*t coming around that corner to the CBs that have to put their head in there to make a tackle.

Really like the Ivory, Powell, Stacy trio. If Ridley makes it all the way back he could really be a 4th quarter back breaker too, as he's a tough runner that has a good lean for extra yards.

What I saw last night made me happy. Chan Gaileys spread offense is going to be a boon for our RBs. Ivory must look scary as sh*t coming around that corner to the CBs that have to put their head in there to make a tackle.

Really like the Ivory, Powell, Stacy trio. If Ridley makes it all the way back he could really be a 4th quarter back breaker too, as he's a tough runner that has a good lean for extra yards.

I completely agree.  I just think Fitz himself had almost nothing to do with it.

I think the pro-Geno crowd probably got a little carried away with the need to minimize the potential for Fitz to contribute.

I don't know seemed like the panic went across the board with the biggest, or loudest being the "start Petty now we're screwed anyway" contingent 

I don't know seemed like the panic went across the board with the biggest, or loudest being the "start Petty now we're screwed anyway" contingent 

Whatever narrative gives Geno the best chance to reclaim the position after he recovers.  Certainly Petty starting would give Geno a better shot.

Fitz will be fine.  Maybe not a world beater but clearly an upgrade. 

Whatever narrative gives Geno the best chance to reclaim the position after he recovers.  Certainly Petty starting would give Geno a better shot.

Fitz will be fine.  Maybe not a world beater but clearly an upgrade. 

seriously don't think people were plotting and decided that if Fitz is out and we put Petty in place that it makes for an easier return to Geno.  That might be looking a little to deep. Lol

i hope Fitz wins us some games and thent the rest will take care of itself.  

OL needs to play well. No QB behind Fitz. Petty needs training. Plenty of it. He does have a strong arm though

OL needing to play well is a given. 

I think Fitz gives us the best chance to win, not just from a statistical standpoint (what he does on the field) but also from a team chemistry standpoint. You don't hear about teams with fracture locker rooms that punch their QBs in the face winning SBs. 

If Fitz falters, I've actually got some positive feelings about Josh Johnson ... particularly if Gailey gets to tailor the offense to him. 

Getting the ball out quicker will make the offensive line look better- one of the many problems with Geno was holding on to the ball too long.

except that Geno wasn't sacked at a high rate, we just remember two or three hideous sacks that he shouldn't have taken.  

The Giants defense is going to be bad- still good work from first unit - Marshall and Decker combo is so much better than what we have had

I agree.  The Giants seem to be deficient in talent.  I was really happy to see a screen pass work, but the Giants D did not seem very disciplined as far as lanes go.  I think they just ran to the ball, they ate up the little flip back (I think it was to Owusu) but the fact that there were 6 guys there meant the other side had to be wide open.

Archived