it doesnt matter who the qb is

ylekram

Fitzpatrick or geno. if the jets don't get the running game going, its gonna be a very long season. both qb's need a running game. running game has been basically non existent for the past 2 games. bowles needs to get that straightened out asap

Heres the thing with your premise that is off base. For the Jets to be able to run they need to be able to damage the opposing team in the air, and for that is does matter which QB plays because Fitz CANNOT do that. We need a QB that can get them to back off the lines and Fitz just cannot do that, so he has to essentially be perfect in the underneath game to give us a shot, and history has shown he is not capable. So, yes QB does very much matter.

As long as teams are going to pack the box - and that will be as long as Fitzpatrick is QB - the Jets are going to have to play good defense and run the ball even if it isn't working at first. Can't get into a hole and expect to dig out with a QB who has a 35-56-1 all time record. The problem is the Jets defense is NOT as good as advertised and so the opponent will slowly build leads that Fitz can't overcome. I see the Jets losing to a pi$$ed off Dolphin team next week.

Heres the thing with your premise that is off base. For the Jets to be able to run they need to be able to damage the opposing team in the air, and for that is does matter which QB plays because Fitz CANNOT do that. We need a QB that can get them to back off the lines and Fitz just cannot do that, so he has to essentially be perfect in the underneath game to give us a shot, and history has shown he is not capable. So, yes QB does very much matter.

As long as teams are going to pack the box - and that will be as long as Fitzpatrick is QB - the Jets are going to have to play good defense and run the ball even if it isn't working at first. Can't get into a hole and expect to dig out with a QB who has a 35-56-1 all time record. The problem is the Jets defense is NOT as good as advertised and so the opponent will slowly build leads that Fitz can't overcome. I see the Jets losing to a pi$$ed off Dolphin team next week.

there have been times where defenses stacked the box for sure. but even when they don't, the oline gets no push. defenses are in the backfield regardless of how the box is stacked

Fitzpatrick or geno. if the jets don't get the running game going, its gonna be a very long season. both qb's need a running game. running game has been basically non existent for the past 2 games. bowles needs to get that straightened out asap

Yeah because those 2 horrendous under throws to Smith that should have been 6 both times does make a difference, you land those it does 2 things, puts up a quick strike TD, and opens up the running lanes as the D can't stack the box because they have no fear of your QB.

Yeah because those 2 horrendous under throws to Smith that should have been 6 both times does make a difference, you land those it does 2 things, puts up a quick strike TD, and opens up the running lanes as the D can't stack the box because they have no fear of your QB.

"horrendous under throws". just stop with the over exaggerations. we get it. you don't like fitz, but please stick with facts. you make it sound like the ball was under thrown by 10 yards.yes, both balls were slightly under thrown with great coverage. 50-50 balls. doesn't detract from the fact that the oline doesn't get push on running plays, but get pushed back

"horrendous under throws". just stop with the over exaggerations. we get it. you don't like fitz, but please stick with facts. you make it sound like the ball was under thrown by 10 yards.yes, both balls were slightly under thrown with great coverage. 50-50 balls. doesn't detract from the fact that the oline doesn't get push on running plays, but get pushed back

He was horrible today and with any kind of QB play we still manage a win today.  Stop 

He was horrible today and with any kind of QB play we still manage a win today.  Stop 

its not me that has to stop. its you. I never said fitz had a good game today. I specifically addressed your over exaggerations. he had a bad enough game where you don't need to make things up

its not me that has to stop. its you. I never said fitz had a good game today. I specifically addressed your over exaggerations. he had a bad enough game where you don't need to make things up

No you said it wasnt on him, that they need to run.

Without QB play youre not running anywhere.  

If you can't pass outside of 5-1o yards downfield theyre stacking the box and no one is going to run.  Especially if Ivory is on the bench

Actually both WERE actually underthrown by 10 yards so there is that..

I disagree.  Fitzpatrick had a bad game today, but the passes were there.  We probably run more successfully if he could get a rhythm going, and the linebackers weren't keying on the run.  

He still gives us the best chance to win IMO, and hopefully, we can chalk it up to chemistry with new receivers.  D. Smith obviously hasn't been playing, and Kerley has been black balled for some reason.  

However, Fitzy needs to connect on some of these deep routes to loosen up the box.  If the defense doesn't respect the deep ball, the box isn't going to loosen up, and the Jets become one dimensional.  That will be the pit fall for both Fitz/Smith and Gailey going forward.  Make them respect the deep ball.  

IMO, this game is on QB play.  However, everyone has a bad day.  Also, I am not talking about interceptions.  His ball placement and pocket awareness were horrendous, and not what we have seen the past two weeks.  

No you said it wasnt on him, that they need to run.

Without QB play youre not running anywhere.  

If you can't pass outside of 5-1o yards downfield theyre stacking the box and no one is going to run.  Especially if Ivory is on the bench

I said the oline gets no push and actually gets pushed back whether the boxed is stacked or not. why must you argue every nit picky point?

I disagree.  Fitzpatrick had a bad game today, but the passes were there.  We probably run more successfully if he could get a rhythm going, and the linebackers weren't keying on the run.  

He still gives us the best chance to win IMO, and hopefully, we can chalk it up to chemistry with new receivers.  D. Smith obviously hasn't been playing, and Kerley has been black balled for some reason.  

However, Fitzy needs to connect on some of these deep routes to loosen up the box.  If the defense doesn't respect the deep ball, the box isn't going to loosen up, and the Jets become one dimensional.  That will be the pit fall for both Fitz/Smith and Gailey going forward.  Make them respect the deep ball.  

IMO, this game is on QB play.  However, everyone has a bad day.  Also, I am not talking about interceptions.  His ball placement and pocket awareness were horrendous, and not what we have seen the past two weeks.  

This is pretty much the same offense we've seen the past two weeks, minus the 5 turnovers and the fact that they were coming from behind in this one.  The offense struggles to get chunk plays - and in today's NFL it's so hard to put together a 15 play drive - something inevitably goes wrong.

This team is going nowhere with Fitz.

The pass to Marshall in the end zone was also under thrown, and after seeing the PI against our CB, he was interfered with as well.  He was high all day, and he was throwing behind receivers all day.  The pass that Marshall got drilled on, probably caused the alligator arm attempt as well.  However, that is no excuse, Marshall needs to make that play.  

Fitz was just off today.  He was better the past two weeks.  Everyone has an off day.  Now the CS has to see if the trend continues.

you know, I read your comments and am starting to wonder if you even watch the games. a lot of you're opinions  are way over the top

Devin had a step on each of them. If it is thrown 10 yards farther he can extend that and run under the ball. Both were excellent shots at a TD> Just because it seems it was just a little underthrown doesn't mean that they were not significantly underthrown and they were

I said the oline gets no push and actually gets pushed back whether the boxed is stacked or not. why must you argue every nit picky point?

Disagreeing with your opening premise isn't nitpicking.

Its been forever since we've faced a defense that played us straight up because we would take advantage of their stacking the box and daring us to throw.  Thats directly related to throwing the ball 

This is pretty much the same offense we've seen the past two weeks, minus the 5 turnovers and the fact that they were coming from behind in this one.  The offense struggles to get chunk plays - and in today's NFL it's so hard to put together a 15 play drive - something inevitably goes wrong.

This team is going nowhere with Fitz.

Read the whole sentence.  Today, Fitzpatrick's ball placement and pocket awareness were horrendous, those two aspects were not horrendous the past two weeks.  

Read the whole sentence.  Today, Fitzpatrick's ball placement and pocket awareness were horrendous, those two aspects were not horrendous the past two weeks.  

And you're missing my point.  He didn't have to press the past two weeks.  Any time he had to thrown downfield he missed - but they had great field position the past two weeks so were able to score a bit -  Today he was asked to step up and carry the team a bit - and fell apart. 

What you saw today is what the offense is...and will be...

Disagreeing with your opening premise isn't nitpicking.

Its been forever since we've faced a defense that played us straight up because we would take advantage of their stacking the box and daring us to throw.  Thats directly related to throwing the ball 

the opening premise was that both qb's, depending on which side of the fence you are on, need a running game to lean on. not which qb can open up the running game

the opening premise was that both qb's, depending on which side of the fence you are on, need a running game to lean on. not which qb can open up the running game

Well I'm thinking its hard to run the ball without QB production.  Philly wasnt afraid of getting beat by Powell or Stacey and knew Ftiz wasnt beating them long.  They basically had to cover a few yards past the LOS.  Say what you want leave guys uncovered longer and Geno hits them, has the arm to cause damage, Fitz doesnt, two different games 

As usual.  We disagree...

I don't think Geno needs a running game to lean on.  He's not limited in his skill set (the way Fitz is) Geno's problem is he makes too many mistakes - but that's not necessarily a function of the running game.

Gene is capable of putting pressure on a defense.

Great Coverage?  Smith had a step both times, and would out run that dude by 2 to 3 more steps if the QB throws him a ball he can run under, seriously watch the replay Smith is by the defender both times, and Fitz threw wounded ducks.

fitz sucks something awful-no arm-missed wide open wr for easy td next play punt return for td

back to back completions for negative yards

geno has a MUCH better arm-Fitz turning the ball over and missing guys might as well have a guy that can throw playing the position-give Geno the ball back with these weapons he gives us a chance -fitz does not-as I felt from day one he is AWFUL

As usual.  We disagree...

I don't think Geno needs a running game to lean on.  He's not limited in his skill set (the way Fitz is) Geno's problem is he makes too many mistakes - but that's not necessarily a function of the running game.

Gene is capable of putting pressure on a defense.

your right. geno has proven that he can carry the team

Devin had a step on each of them. If it is thrown 10 yards farther he can extend that and run under the ball. Both were excellent shots at a TD> Just because it seems it was just a little underthrown doesn't mean that they were not significantly underthrown and they were

This guy gets it.  You don't draft a Devin Smith to throw him 50/50 balls on go routes, you throw it so he can go out run the defense, and run underneath the ball with his great speed, and ball tracking skills.

your right. geno has proven that he can carry the team

I didn't say carry a team - but he does have the tools to do so.  Fitz's skill set can not - no matter how well he plays.

Fitz will require a strong running game... A good running game will help any QB - but Geno won't require one - Fitz will..

Smith couldn't use his speed, the ball took forever to get there, smith had to slow down to be somewhat in the position to attempt a play on the ball, that's the problem with Fitz's deep balls, i.e. Arm strength. Just liked Damaged Pennington.  So when our fastest receiver cannot play with the ball in front of him on a reception, this what happens, teams will stack the box and take away the mid game. Much harder for a Qb like Fitz to win those type of games without the run game going. We've seen all this before.....

I didn't say carry a team - but he does have the tools to do so.  Fitz's skill set can not - no matter how well he plays.

Fitz will require a strong running game... A good running game will help any QB - but Geno won't require one - Fitz will..

geno doesn't  need a running game because he has the tools to carry a team. gotcha

Archived