Bailey Looking for Stability With Gang Green

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   When New York Jets safety Calvin Pryor was removed from Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins at London’s Wembley Stadium with a knee injury, his replacement may have come as somewhat of  a surprise to some fans. Dion Bailey, signed by the Jets just last Monday and participated in only two […]

Click here to read the full story...

His college highlights are impressive but than they usually are.  I suppose the Hawks were hoping to place him back on the PS but they weren't as lucky as we were with Owusu.  I'm totally jazzed about Mac's ability to find talent and I hate to go over the top based on 1 good quarter of play, but this guy looks like a find.  If not, nothing lost but if he turns out to be legit competition for Pryor I'll be thrilled since I'm not that high on Mr Pryor.    

His college highlights are impressive but than they usually are.  I suppose the Hawks were hoping to place him back on the PS but they weren't as lucky as we were with Owusu.  I'm totally jazzed about Mac's ability to find talent and I hate to go over the top based on 1 good quarter of play, but this guy looks like a find.  If not, nothing lost but if he turns out to be legit competition for Pryor I'll be thrilled since I'm not that high on Mr Pryor.    

Very true....but I was surprised to see him out there after only two practices.

at this point it might be Milliner himself...

No one except a jet fan gives up on a top 10 draft pick because of injuries..Remember Marvin Jones the 4th pick in the 1st rd of the 1993 draft?? Injuries plagued him his first 4 seasons but from year 5 on he played all 16 games from 1997-2003... 

Just reading that story reminds me of why Bowles & Mac are on the same page. Bailey is perfect for this defense, a hybrid safety/LB. 

Similar to the signing of Gilchrist a Safety/CB hybrid. Versatility is key for Bowles defense & don't think for one moment that Bowles wasn't thinking about stopping the Pats & Gronk when making these defensive personnel moves.

At 210 Bailey has more size & speed than a LB trying to stay with a TE, plus he has LB tackling ability. Pryor needs to look in his rear view mirror because his tacking & angle taking have been horrific at times.

Just reading that story reminds me of why Bowles & Mac are on the same page. Bailey is perfect for this defense, a hybrid safety/LB. 

Similar to the signing of Gilchrist a Safety/CB hybrid. Versatility is key for Bowles defense & don't think for one moment that Bowles wasn't thinking about stopping the Pats & Gronk when making these defensive personnel moves.

At 210 Bailey has more speed than a heavier LB trying to stay with a TE, plus he has LB tackling ability. Pryor needs to look in his rear view mirror because his tacking & angle taking have been horrific at times.

No one except a jet fan gives up on a top 10 draft pick because of injuries..Remember Marvin Jones the 4th pick in the 1st rd of the 1993 draft?? Injuries plagued him his first 4 seasons but from year 5 on he played all 16 games from 1997-2003... 

although your right I just don't feel Milliner has it in him. 

First that was a great article, really informative !! The only thing I don't understand is why Seattle cut him????? 

Seems like a solid guy who is willing to work so I don't get it.....

You haven't figured out why Pitt cut Johnny Unitas yet one problem at a time CB..:)

It's a little more than just normal injuries with Milliner and it dates back to his college days as well and was a huge red flag coming out.

maybe I am completely overreacting, but to me he really flashed in the scant number of plays he had last week

Exactly what I was going to say, Bailey stepped right into Pryor's spot and made some plays.

Can't ask for any more than that from a waiver wire pick up that was on the team all of a week.

The kid seemed confident, I thought he looked good.

Milliner has a well documented injury history Savage.

At some point, Milliner needs to put together a solid 16 game season - and soon.

I hear what you said about Marvin Jones - but the league has changed alot over the last 12 years and I am here to tell you, Milliner is running out of time with the Jets.

Archived