" Rex Ryan upset that Mike Tannenbaum claimed Quinton Coples " ~ ~ ~

kelly

here we gooooooo...

:o

~ ~ -- The Miami Dolphins claimed defensive lineman Quinton Coples off waivers Tuesday, but Dolphins vice president Mike Tannenbaum, who drafted Coples with the New York Jets' first-round pick in 2012, wasn't alone in his pursuit of Coples.

The Buffalo Bills also placed a waiver claim on Coples, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates, but since the Dolphins have a worse record, they had priority on the waiver wire."Well I’m a little upset with Tannenbaum because yeah, I wanted him," Bills coach Rex Ryan said Wednesday. "I mean, obviously the guy's a talent. You know I know him extremely well, and I think he would have fit in with the group that we have."

Ryan coached Coples with the Jets from 2012 through 2014.

The Bills have suffered a run of injuries to their defensive line. Kyle Williams (knee) has been out since Oct. 18 and is in danger of missing the rest of the season, defensive end Mario Williams (foot) is using a scooter after being injured Monday, and Marcell Dareus also dealt with a knee injury in Monday night's game but returned.

At one point, the Bills were close to using guard Richie Incognito on defense in Monday night's game, Ryan said Wednesday.The Bills signed former Green Bay Packers second-round pick Jerel Worthy to their practice squad Tuesday to add depth along their defensive line.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22409/rex-ryan-upset-that-mike-tannenbaum-claimed-quinton-coples

Archived