ATandT stadium One of the best in the NFL

johnnyjet

Wow, the place was amazing.  The stadium blows our shared dump away. The giant tv boards make are amazing.  The sight lines are great.  Seems like every game is an event .  I was talking to a cowboy fan and they say they get more fans from the other teams now that Jerrys world is their home.  And you know it's the Cowboys home.  Unlike MetLife. 

Wow, the place was amazing.  The stadium blows our shared dump away. The giant tv boards make are amazing.  The sight lines are great.  Seems like every game is an event .  I was talking to a cowboy fan and they say they get more fans from the other teams now that Jerrys world is their home.  And you know it's the Cowboys home.  Unlike MetLife. 

I never been to the stadium, but just seeing it from TV I knew it had to be one of, if not, the best stadium in the NFL. 

Yes.

Second time I've seen a game there, also been there for Monster Truck Shows (which the kids love).

It is great.  They do draw a lot of other teams fans.  I actually thought there would be many more Jets fans there.  Dallas is so easy to get in and out of from a flying point of view, and it was a Saturday night game.  When I went to a Bears/Cowboys game, it was easy 30% Bears fans.  The Packers take it over.

The Jets and the Giants had the opportunity to build a mecca stadium better than the Cowboys 2 NFL teams 2 x the money they failed. 

Construction cost in Dallas vs NY.   AT&T also cost less.

They do all kinds of stuff there.  HS playoff games, they'll put 20,000 in there just for that. 

2 teams shared the cost here 16 regular season NFL games don't care about cost factors. 

Oh, I agree.  They screwed it up.  I was just stating that as crappy as it is, it also cost more than AT&T. 

Everything I have read and seen, I have no huge desire to go up and see a Jets home game.  I may do it next year if the Yanks are also in town, go to a Saturday game and a Sunday game. 

AT&T Stadium is awesome. And it isn't just the stadium, but the atmosphere they create. Upon walking into one of the endzone gates you find yourself in a big open space that gives you a feeling of grandeur. Everything is airy and brightly lit, and you can feel the electricity of the crowd wherever you are, even at the concessions, as it is all open. The concessions both in the club and in the main part of the stadium are pretty great. For those that didn't know, Jerry Jones and the Yankees formed a business to develop and run concessions as a better quality alternative to the entrenched companies like aramark and delaware north, the company that handles the Jets. They also make it really easy to drink, as there are concessions eveywhere, from the built in concessions to mobile points of sale to guys with big ice bins full of beers. As far as shopping, there are lots of shops and vendors selling all kinds of gear and memorabilia like framed jerseys and helmets.

As far as how they run their in game entertainment, every other stadium should take a lesson. Where you are bombarded with tons of commercials and sponsors shoe horned into content at every time out and free minute at Metlife, at Cowboys stadium you never get any of that. They only do video montages, high production value graphics and video, and other Cowboys crowd motivational digital assets. They will add a logo in the corner of whatever sponsor there is for each of these digital assets, but that is it. When they do a half time giveaway, it isn't Waste Management sponsoring and giving away a free garbage pickup, it is a local car dealership that actually parks a ford F150 pickup in the endzone and a fan winning the truck by tossing footballs into the bed.

Say what you will about Jerry Jones, he knows how to give the fans a great atmosphere and how to present and market his team and monetize it with sponsors in the right way.

AT&T Stadium is really nice and they have an enormous amount of events there. It basically wiped out the Cotton Bowl in Dallas for events which is huge for AT&T Stadium's college game business with TCU joining the Big 12 and the midpoint for the UT/OU rivalry game. The biggest complaint I could make is that the selection of beer is extremely limited. It's all Miller products.

Arlington has paid dearly for that stadium and will continue to pay dearly. Jones played all the local cities against each other and Arlington was the only one willing to give away the kind of free money Jones wanted.

I haven't been to Jerry World but I will still take a contrary opinion.  I think college football stadiums are way cooler than NFL stadiums.  Not sure if it's the fans or the camaraderie or what.  But I still think there's an energy in college that doesn't exist in the NFL. 

As for not having our own stadium, I'm still glad we have both NY teams in the same stadium.  Did we really need to spend another billion for 8 home regular season games plus 2 more pre-season games and, in a great season, 1-2 more post-season games?  So at best 12 games in 365 days for 1 billion?  Absurd!

The Jets and the Giants had the opportunity to build a mecca stadium better than the Cowboys 2 NFL teams 2 x the money they failed. 

At the end of the day it's about the game on he field.  There is nothing wrong with Met Life, its big, clean, has everything you would want.  Have the most replay board space in the league and can be seen everywhere.  Not just the sidelines.  But we complain.  Whining about our stadium is a time worn tradition of goofy Jet fans.  Started at Shea, continued at Ginats Stadium and predictably continues today. 

I haven't been to Jerry World but I will still take a contrary opinion.  I think college football stadiums are way cooler than NFL stadiums.  Not sure if it's the fans or the camaraderie or what.  But I still think there's an energy in college that doesn't exist in the NFL. 

As for not having our own stadium, I'm still glad we have both NY teams in the same stadium.  Did we really need to spend another billion for 8 home regular season games plus 2 more pre-season games and, in a great season, 1-2 more post-season games?  So at best 12 games in 365 days for 1 billion?  Absurd!

Did taxpayers see any benefit from this lower property taxes or did your car insurance go down or did I miss something. 

2 stadiums would have created more jobs.

At the end of the day it's about the game on he field.  There is nothing wrong with Met Life, its big, clean, has everything you would want.  Have the most replay board space in the league and can be seen everywhere.  Not just the sidelines.  But we complain.  Whining about our stadium is a time worn tradition of goofy Jet fans.  Started at Shea, continued at Ginats Stadium and predictably continues today. 

We needed our own HOME stadium that stays GREEN all the time. I dont like the revolving doors and lick and stick Jets/Giants emblems.

We needed our own HOME stadium that stays GREEN all the time. I dont like the revolving doors and lick and stick Jets/Giants emblems.

No, whiney fans like you needed a stadium that's green when we're not playing.  It's a weird mental condition that non STHs have.  No one I sit near gives a shlt that the Giants are there while we're on the west coach.  

Pits idiotic to think that for your neurosis the Jets should have spent double the money.  That it makes sense on any level.  That there is any downside that even the biggest whiners can come up with 

No, whiney fans like you needed a stadium that's green when we're not playing.  It's a weird mental condition that non STHs have.  No one I sit near gives a shlt that the Giants are there while we're on the west coach.  

Pits idiotic to think that for your neurosis the Jets should have spent double the money.  That it makes sense on any level.  That there is any downside that even the biggest whiners can come up with 

Sorry no whiner here i dont believe  in sharing a a stadium in the 1 of the richest areas in the Country. Did you happen to read how the Jets players and families were treated when we played the Giants last week The opportunity was there for the NY Jets to have home field advantage and not share a stadium with a team that is considered our big brother. 

STH or not means nothing its just another reason to give fans like a you a reason to pump your chest out and brag about it. 

The Jets should have spent what others did and built a stadium of their own, Do you see any price reductions in seats,concessions or parking because of this shared agreement. Spend double the money? LOL Instead Woody and Maras make double the money and fans like you get shafted.

No whiner here a realist who wanted their own stadium. 

Considering the cost for the building and the land, it just doesn't make sense for 8 regular season games.  If two teams are close enough to play in one stadium it just makes sense.  I would have loved a stadium in NYC, but had it been built, how would you justify just one team there?

Considering the cost for the building and the land, it just doesn't make sense for 8 regular season games.  If two teams are close enough to play in one stadium it just makes sense.  I would have loved a stadium in NYC, but had it been built, how would you justify just one team there?

It makes perfect sense NY/NJ 2 separate states 2 separate teams why don't the Knicks/Nets Devils/Rangers/Islanders share a stadium. 

Stadiums create jobs instead of the money going into the deep pockets.

Woody and Maras/Tischs are laughing all the way to the bank. 

Sharing a stadium hasnt resulted in any savings to the fans. 

It makes perfect sense NY/NJ 2 separate states 2 separate teams why don't the Knicks/Nets Devils/Rangers/Islanders share a stadium. 

These stadiums require a lot less land and parking; significantly smaller and cheaper to build.  And yet, here in Boston, the Bruins and Celtics share a stadium - a new Garden barely got built with the 2 teams needing it.

It only creates more jobs during construction (and a little for upkeep etc); with the football stadium normally the town gives land; there are ramps that need to be built; traffic and congestion.  Making wider roads and ramps may create jobs but it also takes a public money.  Where the revenue is better with one stadium paying twice and revenue from the other location also being taxable.

IMO

Less corporate crowd at college.

and, cheap tickets for students.  No one is louder than a half drunk 20 year old.

Sorry no whiner here i dont believe  in sharing a a stadium in the 1 of the richest areas in the Country. Did you happen to read how the Jets players and families were treated when we played the Giants last week The opportunity was there for the NY Jets to have home field advantage and not share a stadium with a team that is considered our big brother. 

STH or not means nothing its just another reason to give fans like a you a reason to pump your chest out and brag about it. 

The Jets should have spent what others did and built a stadium of their own, Do you see any price reductions in seats,concessions or parking because of this shared agreement. Spend double the money? LOL Instead Woody and Maras make double the money and fans like you get shafted.

No whiner here a realist who wanted their own stadium. 

Total whiner, bwaaaa, we share the stadium, bwaaaaaaa, it's one of the most expensive, adaptable stadiums in the league but, bwaaaaaaaaa, I wanted. Y owner to piss twice as much on a stadium.    Bwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa, I don't even go, it just pisses me off.

Why the fu(k should concessions be less?  Because even with the split Woody spent more than most have on single occupancy stadiums? Why does someone who doesn't go to the stadium give a damn about concessions?  What moron eats inside the stadium! 

GTFO, it's a total whine.  

because indoor arenas are used year round for hundreds of events.  

Not comparable.  Hockey and basketball have a lot more home games than football. 

Construction cost in Dallas vs NY.   AT&T also cost less.

They do all kinds of stuff there.  HS playoff games, they'll put 20,000 in there just for that. 

True, but the revenue from NY would've been far greater. I can't compare the two as I've never been to MetLife, but our fans aren't too pleased with it. They ought to see the old Cowboys stadium in Irving. 

As far as how they run their in game entertainment, every other stadium should take a lesson. Where you are bombarded with tons of commercials and sponsors shoe horned into content at every time out and free minute at Metlife, at Cowboys stadium you never get any of that. They only do video montages, high production value graphics and video, and other Cowboys crowd motivational digital assets. They will add a logo in the corner of whatever sponsor there is for each of these digital assets, but that is it. When they do a half time giveaway, it isn't Waste Management sponsoring and giving away a free garbage pickup, it is a local car dealership that actually parks a ford F150 pickup in the endzone and a fan winning the truck by tossing footballs into the bed.

This is what would annoy me. I had trouble w the reply text in my post above

Total whiner, bwaaaa, we share the stadium, bwaaaaaaa, it's one of the most expensive, adaptable stadiums in the league but, bwaaaaaaaaa, I wanted. Y owner to piss twice as much on a stadium.    Bwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa, I don't even go, it just pisses me off.

Why the fu(k should concessions be less?  Because even with the split Woody spent more than most have on single occupancy stadiums? Why does someone who doesn't go to the stadium give a damn about concessions?  What moron eats inside the stadium! 

GTFO, it's a total whine.  

wamb.jpg

Jet Nut needs help hurry.

Archived