2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that this joke of a lineup today is because they have Miami and the Nats coming up and those games are more important than this one. Otherwise wtf is this sh*t that Collins is trotting out there today. 

Collins is genius

Let Nimmo take a break against the Lefty, and let Rivera catch Thor to battle steals. Give d'Arnaud and the vet Cabrera a break for the day game after the night game and a tough grind. Incorporate your bench and whole team. Pretty much no brainers....

Baseball is a funny and fickle game. How could you see something like this series coming? I would have not been surprised if the Mets just would have tried to forfeit these games, based on how some people thought.

Sabermetricians with all their brilliant numbers could not have seen this coming.

Little baby bear fans that pretend to know high school and minor league talent could not have seen this coming.

So fickle

How could you see something like this series coming?

I was basically calling this at least a week ago when the Cubs hit a rut. This series was hardly unforeseeable and still not even a little tiny bit predictive. In the end, the Cubs getting some more reps in against the Mets' pitching was the biggest deal in this series for me. That and Carl Edwards Jr, showing some chutzpah.

It's creepy how passive aggressive the tiny group of you that chooses to troll are. You linger in the Cubs thread neg repping (lol) as adults do, and then run to the safety of this thread to troll talk sh*t and insult because your actual aptitude in talking this sport is subpar at best. 

7 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Whatever gets you through the night^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's the middle of the day. I'll sleep just fine later. As I stated over and over and over, this series was much more important for the Mets than the Cubs. Vegas isn't even taking bets on the NL Central, thats how sure of a thing the Cubs reaching the playoffs is and that's all that matters.

50 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Collins is genius

It's because I went to yoga for the first four innings. Every time I miss the first few innings for yoga they do this.

It's also worth noting that I saw Guns n Roses during Friday's game. So what I'm thinking is doing yoga at a GnR concert to help this team lock up the division.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This one man's war he's waging against this thread is starting to rival no psl's schtick. Gotta say it's a good read.

Against this thread? How dense and delusional are you people? When did this place go full meathead? Between Savage's completely ignored Wilkerson Muslim comment and the outright scumbag showing of a handful of Mets fans this football offseason the quality of discussion...

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This one man's war he's waging against this thread is starting to rival no psl's schtick. Gotta say it's a good read.

He's so busy patting himself on the back and reminding everyone how "predictive" anything he says is as if that statement takes the varnish off of the butt whooping the Mets are handing out.  He grew tired of talking to himself in the Cubs thread so he has now come over here to ensure his message gets across. 

He's incapable of tipping his cap to the Mets ( see last October along with this current series) and instead uses excuses such as the series didn't mean much, the Cubs are injured when the Mets are and have been far more decimated.  The newest proclamation is Cubbie reliever Edwards is a stud because he struck Cespedes out.

Both teams have been playing sluggish to bad baseball the past month.... only Mets fans can admit it.

19 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Against this thread? How dense and delusional are you people? When did this place go full meathead? Between Savage's completely ignored Wilkerson Muslim comment and the outright scumbag showing of a handful of Mets fans this football offseason the quality of discussion...

You saw this series coming. Riiiiiight.

God help 'us people' if this went the other way....:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, GimmeShelter said:

He's so busy patting himself on the back and reminding everyone how "predictive" anything he says is as if that statement takes the varnish off of the butt whooping the Mets are handing out.  He grew tired of talking to himself in the Cubs thread so he has now come over here to ensure his message gets across. 

He's incapable of tipping his cap to the Mets ( see last October along with this current series) and instead uses excuses such as the series didn't mean much, the Cubs are injured when the Mets are and have been far more decimated.  The newest proclamation is Cubbie reliever Edwards is a stud because he struck Cespedes out.

Both teams have been playing sluggish to bad baseball the past month.... only Mets fans can admit it.

I surfed that yesterday. 3 pages of him talking to himself lol. So goofy.

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You saw this series coming. Riiiiiight.

God help 'us people' if this went the other way....:rolleyes:

Absolutely, I did. I'd lay out why but that seems like a fruitless endeavor.

The Cubs went 7-0 against the Mets going into October. How many posts, let alone taunting posts, did I make going into that NLCS series?

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

That's not clever and doesn't make sense, but see the Cubs thread if you'd like.

You're right it was stupid from the start when you first said it

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They said things about his favorite baseball team, they didn't like the things he said about their favorite baseball team, it was everybody's fight but it became...

http://images.moviepostershop.com/one-mans-war-movie-poster-1991-1020210570.jpg

Actually I came in only because I noticed Scotty D's petty, passive aggressive, trollish insults intended for me since he's mostly clueless about actual baseball. That throws an already mediocre joke of yours out the window but, like everything else in this sequence of posts, substance, content, and context doesn't matter here.

He foresaw Jon Lester giving up home runs to Rene Rivera, Wilmer Flores, and Juan Lagares and they wouldn't give him credit, they made passive-aggressive comments towards him and their jokes were mediocre, in this towering testament to courage and bravery, he is fighting...

http://slouch-hat.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/one-mans-war.jpg

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He foresaw Jon Lester giving up home runs to Rene Rivera, Wilmer Flores, and Juan Lagares 

Why would a general series prediction need to get that specific? Is there something to be taken out of those HRs? There's nooooo rhyme or reason to the thinking here.

28 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

This makes even less sense than your other hapless attempt to be insulting new guy. What is "it?" 

Oh boy, he called me 'new guy'. Now that's some hard core sh*t now boy, wow. I should go back and look at all his lame bs and learn this stuff

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Oh boy, he called me 'new guy'. Now that's some hard core sh*t now boy, wow. I should go back and look at all his lame bs and learn this stuff

You are the new guy THO. RJF's played the same role in this convo before, Shelter and Scotty are my personal trolls in the baseball forum, and now there's you trying your darndest to carve a niche.

Can't believe what I'm watching.  Getting right vs the Cubs.  Hopefully they can bring their bats to these next 2 series.  They're going to be pretty big for the setting the pace before the all-star break in the division. 

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You are the new guy THO. RJF's played the same role in this convo before, Shelter and Scotty are my personal trolls in the baseball forum, and now there's you trying your darndest to carve a niche.

Oh sure. It's a desperate attempt. Just go back and look it all up. It's all there. Lol

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

What do you mean, "you people"?

Archived