Jump to content
adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Recommended Posts

Alderson saying today that Rosario is untouchable. Interesting for 2 reasons:

- It means that they view him as the best of their stable which is actually very deep at SS right now.

- I wonder if it means they are considering moving Cecchini in any major trade they make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night might have been the depressing baseball game I've ever watched.  lol

Up 4-0 with Thor, I'm like, he's got this.  Then watching the Nats smack him around the entire field while stealing every base by basically walking was just the most damn depressing thing I've ever seen.

ih8 this team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Last night might have been the depressing baseball game I've ever watched.  lol

Up 4-0 with Thor, I'm like, he's got this.  Then watching the Nats smack him around the entire field while stealing every base by basically walking was just the most damn depressing thing I've ever seen.

ih8 this team

Meanwhile the Marlins take 3/4 from the Cubs to pass us in the standings.  Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile the Marlins take 3/4 from the Cubs to pass us in the standings.  Ugh.

This is turning into a disaster season.  The team just stinks.  Nice pitching staff, completely underachieving at this point but everyone else sucks.  Flat out.  Not one bat over .300.

And I know Loney has a nice glove on the bag but for christ sake, can someone tell him there is gap between him and 2nd that he needs to be covered?  I mean for **** sake, Thor isnt going to 1st and you're basically giving 2nd away for free with a runner on first, so protect the ******* gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

arrrggggggggggggggggggg h8 this team  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is turning into a disaster season.  The team just stinks.  Nice pitching staff, completely underachieving at this point but everyone else sucks.  Flat out.  Not one bat over .300.

And I know Loney has a nice glove on the bag but for christ sake, can someone tell him there is gap between him and 2nd that he needs to be covered?  I mean for **** sake, Thor isnt going to 1st and you're basically giving 2nd away for free with a runner on first, so protect the ******* gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

arrrggggggggggggggggggg h8 this team  

Now you know why Loney was available .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2016 at 2:28 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Wow!

Certainly not the Bronx Bombers.

No pitcher is trembling at the sight of that lineup.

?  

No one trembles at the site of the Bronx Bombers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, adb280z said:

?  

No one trembles at the site of the Bronx Bombers now.

I think you missed my point.

Weak lineup..... we need to make some moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is out right terrible.  Literally, teams around the league target the Mets for calling up young pitchers and it's an incredible strategy because this line up is straight up pathetic.  A ******* clown show and impossible to watch.  No heart, whatsoever.

They'll be below .500 before the all-star break. 100% guaranteed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think you missed my point.

Weak lineup..... we need to make some moves.

Unfortunately by the time we hit the All Star break we could be 8-10 games behind...at which point we should be sellers and not buyers....Time to load up the farm system via trades of Harvey, Blevins, Reed, Cespedes, Cabrera, and Walker..

 

I believe all of us and management over-estimated the talent of this team.  Realistically the Nats handed us the division last year and Murphy was the only reason we made it to the world Series, we need substantial upgrades just to get back to the playoffs, instead we are worse than last year pre-Cespedes.   Our problems will not be solved with one trade and we no longer have the prospects needed to obtain more than one impact player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granderson not coming back out yesterday because of the calf strain. Is every guy on the team injured now? What the ******* ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this qualify as some good news?  Mets 4th round pick from this year's draft, SS Michael Paez (Coastal Carolina), is playing for the national title tonight.  It's the rubber match of the College World Series final series with Arizona, tonight at 8 on ESPN. 

Coastal is the same school Steven Matz would have gone to had we failed to sign him out of High School (which almost happened; the paperwork was submitted by Minaya and co. with minutes to go until the deadline). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you missed my point.

Weak lineup..... we need to make some moves.

I get your point that the lineup sucks, I think you just used the wrong team in your comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deucebag said:

Realistically the Nats handed us the division last year and Murphy was the only reason we made it to the world Series, we need substantial upgrades just to get back to the playoffs, instead we are worse than last year pre-Cespedes.  

I'm going to interject here because this is simply false. The Mets won the division last year because Cespedes went on an almost 2-month tear of historic proportions and the Mets beat them head to head from August on.

More importantly, it is worth noting that the Mets were 4-5 games back of the Nats well into July, and the Mets lineup was so bad that in an opening game for a Nationals series at Washington, on July 20th (which the Mets went into 4 games back), looked like this:

CKYpfgRUsAAn8-Q.jpg

People are really forgetting how much the Mets struggled last year until Cespedes came in. The lineups we were trotting out into August were a complete joke and not only could they not score but they also couldn't play any defense whatsoever. To say that the team is worse right now than it was having Flores and Mayberry hitting 4-5 is untrue and revisionist.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does this qualify as some good news?  Mets 4th round pick from this year's draft, SS Michael Paez (Coastal Carolina), is playing for the national title tonight.  It's the rubber match of the College World Series final series with Arizona, tonight at 8 on ESPN. 

Coastal is the same school Steven Matz would have gone to had we failed to sign him out of High School (which almost happened; the paperwork was submitted by Minaya and co. with minutes to go until the deadline). 

THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS WHEN IT COMES THE METS!  ONLY DOOM!!!!!!!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also worth noting:

Baseball standings on this day last year:

Nats: 46-32

Mets 41-36

Baseball standings today:

Nats: 46-32

Mets: 40-36

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also worth noting:

Baseball standings on this day last year:

Nats: 46-32

Mets 41-36

Baseball standings today:

Nats: 46-32

Mets: 40-36

 

41 to 40.  Clearly it's all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

41 to 40.  Clearly it's all over.

The sad part is, that # might not change before the All-Star break. lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazing we scored 7 runs that day.  Matz drove in 4 of them though.  Typical, lol.

We should look up @T0mShane's posts from that day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We should look up @T0mShane's posts from that day.

 

He posted some gems that day (and as you can see by the post the day after, didn't even acknowledge Matz's performance):

 

On 6/28/2015 at 8:21 AM, T0mShane said:

The dreadful Yankees, in a down year for them, are second in the league in runs scored. The Mets are fourth from last.

 

On 6/28/2015 at 0:03 PM, T0mShane said:

 

Marlins, Indians, and Brewers are going to blow up their rosters, too. Mets could find some nice pieces for a run if they wanted. But, they won't.

 

 

On 6/28/2015 at 11:42 AM, Jetlife33 said:

You can take Stephen Drew, if you'd like. Maybe that will help.

On 6/28/2015 at 0:05 PM, T0mShane said:

 

Drew would bat fifth on the Mets

 

 

On 6/28/2015 at 0:25 PM, T0mShane said:

Cubs are interested in Niese for some reason. They have four shortstops that are better fielders than any infielder the Mets have.

 

On 6/29/2015 at 10:09 AM, T0mShane said:

Harvey will be traded only when it comes time for Jeffy to cough up the $200 mil of daddy's fraud money it'll take to keep him. Until then, he sells too many tickets to even consider moving him. The trade that'll happen will end up being Niese for Aramis Ramirez and some low-A trash, with the Brewers paying half of Ramirez's contract.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bastards. The lot of you.

Mr doom and gloom has reappeared- hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, faba said:

Mr doom and gloom has reappeared- hah

He's the hero we need right now. Quick Tom, tell us how the Mets will definitely NOT make any positive improvements to the roster prior to the trade deadline!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's the hero we need right now. Quick Tom, tell us how the Mets will definitely NOT make any positive improvements to the roster prior to the trade deadline!

I hope you develop a bone spur in your dick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are not looking good to avoid a sweep with pitching matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really liking what I've seen from Nimmo. Tough kid. That was a hall of an at-bat he had in the 8th. He's going to make a solid 2-hole guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am really liking what I've seen from Nimmo. Tough kid. That was a hall of an at-bat he had in the 8th. He's going to make a solid 2-hole guy.

Great at bat in the ninth ; called thrid strike - game over .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least at this point, I can just be good with the fact that we're watching the Mets again and there is no reason to get my hopes up anymore.

So fun watching Murphy mash the ball now.  So fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...