2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night might have been the depressing baseball game I've ever watched.  lol

Up 4-0 with Thor, I'm like, he's got this.  Then watching the Nats smack him around the entire field while stealing every base by basically walking was just the most damn depressing thing I've ever seen.

ih8 this team

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Last night might have been the depressing baseball game I've ever watched.  lol

Up 4-0 with Thor, I'm like, he's got this.  Then watching the Nats smack him around the entire field while stealing every base by basically walking was just the most damn depressing thing I've ever seen.

ih8 this team

Meanwhile the Marlins take 3/4 from the Cubs to pass us in the standings.  Ugh.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile the Marlins take 3/4 from the Cubs to pass us in the standings.  Ugh.

This is turning into a disaster season.  The team just stinks.  Nice pitching staff, completely underachieving at this point but everyone else sucks.  Flat out.  Not one bat over .300.

And I know Loney has a nice glove on the bag but for christ sake, can someone tell him there is gap between him and 2nd that he needs to be covered?  I mean for **** sake, Thor isnt going to 1st and you're basically giving 2nd away for free with a runner on first, so protect the ******* gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

arrrggggggggggggggggggg h8 this team  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is turning into a disaster season.  The team just stinks.  Nice pitching staff, completely underachieving at this point but everyone else sucks.  Flat out.  Not one bat over .300.

And I know Loney has a nice glove on the bag but for christ sake, can someone tell him there is gap between him and 2nd that he needs to be covered?  I mean for **** sake, Thor isnt going to 1st and you're basically giving 2nd away for free with a runner on first, so protect the ******* gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

arrrggggggggggggggggggg h8 this team  

Now you know why Loney was available .

This team is out right terrible.  Literally, teams around the league target the Mets for calling up young pitchers and it's an incredible strategy because this line up is straight up pathetic.  A ******* clown show and impossible to watch.  No heart, whatsoever.

They'll be below .500 before the all-star break. 100% guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think you missed my point.

Weak lineup..... we need to make some moves.

Unfortunately by the time we hit the All Star break we could be 8-10 games behind...at which point we should be sellers and not buyers....Time to load up the farm system via trades of Harvey, Blevins, Reed, Cespedes, Cabrera, and Walker..

I believe all of us and management over-estimated the talent of this team.  Realistically the Nats handed us the division last year and Murphy was the only reason we made it to the world Series, we need substantial upgrades just to get back to the playoffs, instead we are worse than last year pre-Cespedes.   Our problems will not be solved with one trade and we no longer have the prospects needed to obtain more than one impact player.

Does this qualify as some good news?  Mets 4th round pick from this year's draft, SS Michael Paez (Coastal Carolina), is playing for the national title tonight.  It's the rubber match of the College World Series final series with Arizona, tonight at 8 on ESPN. 

Coastal is the same school Steven Matz would have gone to had we failed to sign him out of High School (which almost happened; the paperwork was submitted by Minaya and co. with minutes to go until the deadline). 

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

Realistically the Nats handed us the division last year and Murphy was the only reason we made it to the world Series, we need substantial upgrades just to get back to the playoffs, instead we are worse than last year pre-Cespedes.  

I'm going to interject here because this is simply false. The Mets won the division last year because Cespedes went on an almost 2-month tear of historic proportions and the Mets beat them head to head from August on.

More importantly, it is worth noting that the Mets were 4-5 games back of the Nats well into July, and the Mets lineup was so bad that in an opening game for a Nationals series at Washington, on July 20th (which the Mets went into 4 games back), looked like this:

CKYpfgRUsAAn8-Q.jpg

People are really forgetting how much the Mets struggled last year until Cespedes came in. The lineups we were trotting out into August were a complete joke and not only could they not score but they also couldn't play any defense whatsoever. To say that the team is worse right now than it was having Flores and Mayberry hitting 4-5 is untrue and revisionist.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does this qualify as some good news?  Mets 4th round pick from this year's draft, SS Michael Paez (Coastal Carolina), is playing for the national title tonight.  It's the rubber match of the College World Series final series with Arizona, tonight at 8 on ESPN. 

Coastal is the same school Steven Matz would have gone to had we failed to sign him out of High School (which almost happened; the paperwork was submitted by Minaya and co. with minutes to go until the deadline). 

THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS WHEN IT COMES THE METS!  ONLY DOOM!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We should look up @T0mShane's posts from that day.

He posted some gems that day (and as you can see by the post the day after, didn't even acknowledge Matz's performance):

On 6/28/2015 at 8:21 AM, T0mShane said:

The dreadful Yankees, in a down year for them, are second in the league in runs scored. The Mets are fourth from last.

On 6/28/2015 at 0:03 PM, T0mShane said:

Marlins, Indians, and Brewers are going to blow up their rosters, too. Mets could find some nice pieces for a run if they wanted. But, they won't.

On 6/28/2015 at 11:42 AM, Jetlife33 said:

You can take Stephen Drew, if you'd like. Maybe that will help.

On 6/28/2015 at 0:05 PM, T0mShane said:

Drew would bat fifth on the Mets

On 6/28/2015 at 0:25 PM, T0mShane said:

Cubs are interested in Niese for some reason. They have four shortstops that are better fielders than any infielder the Mets have.

On 6/29/2015 at 10:09 AM, T0mShane said:

Harvey will be traded only when it comes time for Jeffy to cough up the $200 mil of daddy's fraud money it'll take to keep him. Until then, he sells too many tickets to even consider moving him. The trade that'll happen will end up being Niese for Aramis Ramirez and some low-A trash, with the Brewers paying half of Ramirez's contract.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's the hero we need right now. Quick Tom, tell us how the Mets will definitely NOT make any positive improvements to the roster prior to the trade deadline!

I hope you develop a bone spur in your dick.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am really liking what I've seen from Nimmo. Tough kid. That was a hall of an at-bat he had in the 8th. He's going to make a solid 2-hole guy.

Great at bat in the ninth ; called thrid strike - game over .

Archived