Do we start the season with Geno, Hack and Petty at QB?

predator_05

I reckon there's still a move to come. Geno is in his last year of his contract, and I don't see us assuming that either Petty or Hack will be ready to start next year.

You play Geno, it leaves you with two unknowns without a single NFL snap between them after the year. And Petty is not a bridge QB either.

I'll be watching for us bringing in a vet on a two or three year deal to be the bridge guy till either Petty or Hack show enough to merit the starting job.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

My guess is Fitz and the Jets work out something before training camp. Macc can always just point to Hoyer and say "next man up!" The team is walking a fine line though. Starting Geno would be foolish. How many sh*tty games before the team demands a change?! If the fans haven't burned the stadium doen by then.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wait and see. You'll be back for crow. 

Well Mac might just get rid of Geno because he isn't his guy and he wants to build a team with his own Qbs. But weren't they originally willing to start Geno over Fotz last year. They must have liked something about him. Or this could just be as simple as being in the "good riddance to bad rubbish " category. But I think that Mac OS a lot more practical than that. Geno makes low money so they keep him.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well Mac might just get rid of Geno because he isn't his guy and he wants to build a team with his own Qbs. But weren't they originally willing to start Geno over Fotz last year. They must have liked something about him. Or this could just be as simple as being in the "good riddance to bad rubbish " category. But I think that Mac OS a lot more practical than that. Geno makes low money so they keep him.

Petty makes even less money. Geno is gone. He's bad. Goodbye. Let it go. 

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Petty makes even less money. Geno is gone. He's bad. Goodbye. Let it go. 

Petty=0 starts, Geno =29 starts.If high on Petty why draft Hack in the 2nd round. Most fans associate Geno with that terrible game vs Buffalo his Ryan Leaf moment. But take away that one and another ten and he wasn't that bad:blink:.

I think they will bring in some kind of veteran "filler".  Fitz, Hoyer or Joe Blow (kind of redundant).  Geno should be the odd man out.  No cap savings, but I think they are ready to cut bait.  Who wants a QB who can't take a punch?

11 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Geno is done   Might be Hoyer, but will be a vet with Petty, Hack

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They have very little money and need to bring in someone like Fitz or Hoyer to hold the fort for a year. Geno is the odd man out. It makes complete sense. Cutting him saves money. There is no sense to cut Petty and they won't carry 4 QBs. Geno Smith's watch has ended. 

I think if they resign Fitz, Geno is gone in training camp - and may ask to leave sooner than that. 

But if they go with a guy like Hoyer, I'd expect an honest competition between him and Geno with the loser getting cut. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I think if they resign Fitz, Geno is gone in training camp - and may ask to leave sooner than that. 

But if they go with a guy like Hoyer, I'd expect an honest competition between him and Geno with the loser getting cut. 

Hoyer lmao

Archived