Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Rule no.1: you don't low ball your starting Qb. You want to get along with them. And Rule no. 2: you don't leak to the press a stupid partial contract figure that tries to make the Qb look bad. And then when you read the fine print it makes the org look bad. Like they don't know what they're doing. 

Rule no. 3 you don't assume that the team leaked the article.   Especially when there is no benefit leaking numbers.

BTW, stop with the low balling number.  12 mil is 9 mil more than they could have signed him for. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Well seems like the players and the coaching staff think he's the starter. And a pretty good one, too. But I guess that doesn't mean anything. 

No it doesn't seem that way.  Otherwise he'd be signed and they wouldn't be disobeying your rules.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Rule no. 3 you don't assume that the team leaked the article.   Especially when there is no benefit leaking numbers.

BTW, stop with the low balling number.  12 mil is 9 mil more than they could have signed him for. 

You're right on rule number 3. That's what I said yesterday when this story first came out because Canizzaro didn't name his sources and gave general acknowledgements. But after PFT followed up on the story and said it was the Jets org who leaked those numbers I felt it was probably valid enough to at least talk about it. 

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No it doesn't seem that way.  Otherwise he'd be signed and they wouldn't be disobeying your rules.

I said the players and the coaching staff. I didn't say the FO. Even though they claim they want him back. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're right on rule number 3. That's what I said yesterday when this story first came out because Canizzaro didn't name his sources and gave general acknowledgements. But after PFT followed up on the story and said it was the Jets org who leaked those numbers I felt it was probably valid enough to at least talk about it. 

If PFT didn't get the original story and leak how do they know where it came from after the fact? 

We don't even know that the story is true. But we know who leaked it.  BExhausted another media outlet, one that got beat for the original story knows who leaked the story that they didn't report initially.  

Love this offseason nonsense. 

29 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And like I said, there are two other QBs here.  One who has had a a year to learn and another who is a 2nd round rookie just like Geno was.

To not consider that competition for Geno while also using Geno's first two years against him is foolish.

4th round project and a second rounder who didn't have a good year for 3 years. that's competition for ya. geno had no competition, thus gifted the job

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If PFT didn't get the original story and leak how do they know where it came from? 

We don't even know that the story is true. But another media outlet, one that got beat for the story knows who leaked the story that they didn't report.  

Love this offseason nonsense. 

I felt the same way yesterday and was criticized on this board for being stubborn on it and not accepting as creditable articles that said things like "sources say" etc. And that includes Rapaport and others. All they did was report what Canizzaro had originally said. But PFT specifically said it was the Jets. 

15 minutes ago, ylekram said:

4th round project and a second rounder who didn't have a good year for 3 years. that's competition for ya. geno had no competition, thus gifted the job

Or forced upon him when not ready.

17 minutes ago, ylekram said:

And thats Geno's fault?  The hate is pretty thick when fans like you make comments like this. 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

And thats Geno's fault?  The hate is pretty thick when fans like you make comments like this. 

slow down there, joewilly. nobody said it was genos fault. there is no geno hate here. what I would hate is to "gift" geno his 4th starting gig, something you are advocating for

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

slow down there, joewilly. nobody said it was genos fault. there is no geno hate here. what I would hate is to "gift" geno his 4th starting gig, something you are advocating for

Fitzpatrick was "gifted" a starting job here last season and quite a few other places. 

CMTKqDCUsAAi2Bz.jpg

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Joewilly12 will be the first one calling for everyone's firing too if geno starts and the team starts out 2-6

Geno Smith never had the opportunity Fitzpatrick had in 2015 surrounded by playmakers and an offensive coordinator who designed the offense and the game plan around the QB and his strengths and weaknesses along with an easy schedule.

Clyde Gates David Nelson and MM say hello. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick was "gifted" a starting job here last season and quite a few other places. 

CMTKqDCUsAAi2Bz.jpg

and look how many of those seasons turned out. believe what you want, but "gifted" is never good. I would like teams qb to earn his starts

Just now, ylekram said:

and look how many of those seasons turned out. believe what you want, but "gifted" is never good. I would like teams qb to earn his starts

Fitzpatrick has 0 success in the NFL a QB is only as good as his playoff appearances and wins in the playoffs regular season statistics dont mean jack sh*t. 

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

How does paying Fitz 24mil over 3 years change whether Geno earns the gig?

It only delays the progression of the 3 young guys we have.  Of which, odds are at least 2 are better than Fitz.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

How does paying Fitz 24mil over 3 years change the whether Geno earns the gig?

It only delays the progression of the 3 young guys we have.  Of which, odds are at least 2 are at least better than Fitz.

It pacifies the fans who are ok with winning a few regular season games and watching other teams in the playoffs and on Super Bowl Sunday.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes because we have such a rich and deep history of Hall of Fame QBs who have played for us over the years. 

Yeah, well Geno Smith has a great playoff record. And of course his ranking by coaches etc for the 2 years he started: worst Qb in the NFL. But let's give him another shot. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick has 0 success in the NFL a QB is only as good as his playoff appearances and wins in the playoffs regular season statistics dont mean jack sh*t. 

boy, you just dont stop with the drivel, do you?

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, well Geno Smith has a great playoff record. And of course his ranking by coaches etc for the 2 years he started: worst Qb in the NFL. But let's give him another shot. 

Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years never made the playoffs choked for us in a big game big time 3 INTs in a row. But lets re-sign him to crazy money and give him another shot. LOL 

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Where do you see 2 wins in the Jets first 8 games?

Lets make a wager you crappy troll.....

If the Jets sign Fitz, we do this:

Jets win 2 or more games in first 8 in 2016, you get permanently banned here..... And you can take joewilly, mike135 and vtf with you....

Jets win 0 or 1 games in first 8 in 2016, I get permanently banned here.....

If Geno starts, I won't do it, I don't think he can win 2 games.

What say you troll? Put your account where your troll mouth is?

Just now, Colgateman said:

What about when fitztragic starts and the team starts 1-7

Wait, didnt you say 2 days ago that you want Geno to start so the Jets can finish in the top 5 of the draft for next year? Keep your trolling straight, you need to do better than this son. you disappoint.

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

How does paying Fitz 24mil over 3 years change whether Geno earns the gig?

It only delays the progression of the 3 young guys we have.  Of which, odds are at least 2 are better than Fitz.

mike, you are getting harder and harder to conversate with. the bolded is utter nonsense and you know it

Archived