Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Wait, didnt you say 2 days ago that you want Geno to start so the Jets can finish in the top 5 of the draft for next year? Keep your trolling straight, you need to do better than this son. you disappoint.

I'd rather Geno start and the team go 1-7 yes.

because then they wouldn't of done a bunch of dumb sh*t, releasing players and restructuring for fitztragic, to start 1-7

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Its the TRUTH and you know it  you guys keep building Fitzpatrick up and I keep bring you down to reality. 

you cant bring yourself into reality, nevermind someone else. I see you have gone full blown romper room

Just now, Colgateman said:

because then they wouldn't of done a bunch of dumb sh*t, releasing players and restructuring for fitztragic, to start 1-7

lol, you need to do better son, you are not a good troll. Maybe this weak ass crap works on the Pats boards, but this is weak son.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

you cant bring yourself into reality, nevermind someone else. I see you have gone full blown romper room

So tell me when has Fitzpatrick ever made the playoffs he's 34 years old dammit dont you guys ever want to see this team wiin a Super Bowl. 

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

lol, you need to do better son, you are not a good troll. Maybe this weak ass crap works on the Pats boards, but this is weak son.

It's funny that, you all assume giving my opinion is trolling.

if the team is going to start 1-7, would you rather them do it with Geno, and cap space next year

or 

restructuring contracts (pushing guaranteed money back for older players, like Mangold making 12 million In a few years at 33+) and releasing players to sign Fitzpatrick, and start 1-7

which one? That is the same thing I just said to you and said before, you must have very poor reading comprehension.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

mike, you are getting harder and harder to conversate with. the bolded is utter nonsense and you know it

You don't think there's a good chance that out of Geno, Petty and Hack, two could be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I'd say there's at least a 70% chance of that.

So tell me when has Fitzpatrick ever made the playoffs he's 34 years old dammit dont you guys ever want to see this team wiin a Super Bowl. 

I'd love to see this cat explain how Geno Smith starting gets us closer to the SB this year. I'd love to see the genius joewilly12 plan that includes not paying Fitzpatrick, starting Geno, and using that extra money this year to get the team to the SB, because 47 YEARS IS TOO DAMN LONG!!!

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

It's funny that, you all assume giving my opinion is trolling.

if the team is going to start 1-7, would you rather them do it with Geno, and cap space next year

or 

restructuring contracts (pushing guaranteed money back for older players, like Mangold making 12 million In a few years at 33+) and releasing players to sign Fitzpatrick, and start 1-7

which one? That is the same thing I just said to you and said before, you must have very poor reading comprehension.

lol, you were better when you came out of the closet for 5 minutes.......

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

unfortunately, that only matters if it was done in a Jets jersey. Any history with the other 5 teams is basically water under the bridge. 

Actually it only matters if it effects someone's narrow argument.

History has to be looked at, has to be considered, at face value if it's Geno and helps make some kind of point that's not really provable.

But when you use history against Fitz well then it's meaningless.  Then it has no place in today's argument.  Fitz defies logic.  He's a totally unique athlete, only gets credit for wins.  Loses however on on the team. 

You've chosen to ignore content by BowlesMovement. Options 

BowelsMovement you GFY 

LOL, you should private message me more and refer to me more. I have never seen someone ignore someone, than private message them 10 times and refer to them in their posts so often. I really, really hope you are wearing your helmet.

11 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

**** that !! I got season tickets !! 1-7 is not allowable !! My head will explode !!

download (1).jpg

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:
13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You don't think there's a good chance that out of Geno, Petty and Hack, two could be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I'd say there's at least a 70% chance of that.

ya, that's the hope. but that's not what you said

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it only matters if it effects someone's narrow argument.

History has to be looked at, has to be considered, at face value if it's Geno and helps make some kind of point that's not really provable.

But when you use history against Fitz well then it's meaningless.  Then it has no place in today's argument.  Fitz defies logic.  He's a totally unique athlete, only gets credit for wins.  Loses however on on the team. 

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

why in the world would you need to consider 11 years of history? seriously, I don't get it. there are plenty of players whos early years were sh*t, and went on to have serviceable years later. even better than serviceable. even great. recent history is what counts. always has. always will. you want to include Tennessee and Houston as fitzpatricks history? that's fine. you want to include what a late 7th round pick did in st louis, Cincinnati, and buffalo? who gives a sh*t. just like if geno turns out to be a good qb at some point. nobody is going to care what he did his 1st 3 years. its what he is doing now

Anyone know what the last 2 years are ? Because if they are 4.5 million each that makes the contract 3 years 7 mil per. It may be what Fitz is balking at. I find it very convenient the last 2 years have not been disclosed.

25 minutes ago, ylekram said:

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

why in the world would you need to consider 11 years of history? seriously, I don't get it. there are plenty of players whos early years were sh*t, and went on to have serviceable years later. even better than serviceable. even great. recent history is what counts. always has. always will. you want to include Tennessee and Houston as fitzpatricks history? that's fine. you want to include what a late 7th round pick did in st louis, Cincinnati, and buffalo? who gives a sh*t. just like if geno turns out to be a good qb at some point. nobody is going to care what he did his 1st 3 years. its what he is doing now

Jim Plunkett

Rich Gannon

Terry Bradshaw

check out their early years. They weren't even serviceable QB's they were terrible. Fitz got the big contract in Buffalo because he was lighting it up before half the team got hurt and I remember most on this board and at JI crying because buffalo got a QB. But now he sucks.

Anyone who says last year Fitz sucks knows nothing about the game of football at all or they are trolling. That much seems obvious.

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Jim Plunkett

Rich Gannon

Terry Bradshaw

check out their early years. They weren't even serviceable QB's they were terrible. Fitz got the big contract in Buffalo because he was lighting it up before half the team got hurt and I remember most on this board and at JI crying because buffalo got a QB. But now he sucks.

Anyone who says last year Fitz sucks knows nothing about the game of football at all or they are trolling. That much seems obvious.

Didn't I already call you on our bullsh*t Fitz is the new gannon theory? Would you like me to post the stats here so you can run out of this thread too?

32 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Jim Plunkett

Rich Gannon

Terry Bradshaw

Make up your mind.  Does history count or not?  Doesn't mean a friggen thing when it comes to your mancrush.  Then we get nonsense like the 3 names above to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove.  No shlt, really, QBs can struggle early on?  Wow, thanks for the newsflash.  Switch to Geno.  When one of us says we'd like to see him play with this offense, would like to see him in year 4 we get he sucks, has always sucked and will always suck.  You'll high five each other bringing up a game or play to remind everyone.  Then history has a different meaning with Geno.  Then it's proof that he'll never be able to be even serviceable.  

Unless it's history in the sense of telling people that Cam Newton is overrated, don't know why people are talking about him, that's he's not really that good.  

And there's a whole lot of room between Fitz sucking last year, he didn't suck and the how great you think he was.  He didn't suck but he's not a top QB, not close to it. 

33 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Didn't I already call you on our bullsh*t Fitz is the new gannon theory? Would you like me to post the stats here so you can run out of this thread too?

last I heard from you is that gannon had a howitzer for an arm and he was a multi playoff qb before he went to the raiders. couldn't take you seriously after that

20 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You must be joking. Dignity? One offseason and this doofus sets the salary cap on fire and puts together the oldest roster in the league. He's football Isiah for ****'s sake. Fitzpatrick was the one thing he managed to get right, almost completely by accident, and now he's stuck paying him basically whatever he asks for or he's going to get fired.

"Football Isiah" is a devastating broadside, but then I remembered that he his star WR, RB, and eventual QB are all two years from retirement and then I started longing for the return of Idzik, the football Scott Layden.

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure there is. It's not 12 million per season. That's the headline number. According to Cimini it's more like 3/24 or 8 mil per. And no info on guaranteed money. Cimini could be wrong and he usually is. If so why do the Jets only leak the first year figure. To me it's a ridiculous number and misleading. 

Like you said to YOU.  If I didnt know better I would swear you are related to fitz or his agent.  Several reports say 12 million but Cimini says 8 per and you go with that. Why?  

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

"Football Isiah" is a devastating broadside, but then I remembered that he his star WR, RB, and eventual QB are all two years from retirement and then I started longing for the return of Idzik, the football Scott Layden.

I'd kill for football Scott Layden with this sh*t on offense:

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ

Winters might legit be the only guy that's here in 2018. Dark times coming with this mess. Such is life when all you draft is DBs and DL for a decade. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Where do you see 2 wins in the Jets first 8 games?

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Lets make a wager you crappy troll.....

If the Jets sign Fitz, we do this:

Jets win 2 or more games in first 8 in 2016, you get permanently banned here..... And you can take joewilly, mike135 and vtf with you....

Jets win 0 or 1 games in first 8 in 2016, I get permanently banned here.....

If Geno starts, I won't do it, I don't think he can win 2 games.

What say you troll? Put your account where your troll mouth is?

As I thought, useless troll

45 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Like you said to YOU.  If I didnt know better I would swear you are related to fitz or his agent.  Several reports say 12 million but Cimini says 8 per and you go with that. Why?  

I'm not going along with anything. I never said any of those reports were true and went out of my wait to question all of them. And still do although PFT kind of gave them some verification. That goes for all of these high numbers the press has been throwing out like Fitz asking for Osweiler money that some of you guys jumped all over. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd kill for football Scott Layden with this sh*t on offense:

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ

Winters might legit be the only guy that's here in 2018. Dark times coming with this mess. Such is life when all you draft is DBs and DL for a decade. 

When I was looking at those names on offense I could swear there were some omissions, but there really aren't. That's disgusting.

Also, I just read today that Devin Smith likely won't be ready to start the season due to his injury. And they leave Treadwell on the board.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When I was looking at those names on offense I could swear there were some omissions, but there really aren't. That's disgusting.

Also, I just read today that Devin Smith likely won't be ready to start the season due to his injury. And they leave Treadwell on the board.

Do we know that Mac can't scout yet? I would have preferred to see offense too, but if they don't think he is that good.... If we know he can't scout, it's different, but do we actually know that?

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This team has plenty of talent.  Elite, Defensive talent? No. Elite offensive talent? No. 

But with an NFL Caliber QB this team can win.  

Unfortunately we don't have one. (Yet!)

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This team has plenty of talent.  Elite, Defensive talent? No. Elite offensive talent? No. 

But with an NFL Caliber QB this team can win.  

Unfortunately we don't have one. (Yet!)

Look Fitz is above being a game manager but not a franchise Qb. And that's good enough to win in the NFL. His turnover ratio was better than 2-1. If you want to give credit to his key receivers ok but they are both on record as loving playing with this guy. They have great communication and that's essential. There is no one on the open market available better than he is. He deserves imo lower starter's money. The market for starting Qbs is very expensive. To get him for 1/15 of your salary cap is a good deal for the Jets. 

27 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Do we know that Mac can't scout yet? I would have preferred to see offense too, but if they don't think he is that good.... If we know he can't scout, it's different, but do we actually know that?

I think Mac can probably scout, I also think he thinks he can just buy an offense when we eventually don't have one and that's what scares me. We already know he's willing to go Tannenbaum with the cheap picks for expensive vets philosophy. If he pushes that even one step further we're in for a full-on repeat of 2011-2014.

Archived