Robert Kraft hammers NFL after Tom Brady gives up on Deflategate suspension

Gen X Jet

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

....says a 65+ year old man who relentlessly trolls an internet message board like a fat, ugly, pimply adolescent who can't get a date.

What do you expect from someone who has been a fat, ugly, pimply adolescent who can't find a date for 50+ years? ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  Pats fans can puff their chests out and brag that the 4 game suspension is only going to cost him whatever but it's cost him not only financially but it's forever labeled him a 2 time cheater and brought his entire legacy under scrutiny. 

It didn't cost him financially, unless there's evidence of endorsement deals disappearing as a result of the suspension. What's he getting docked, like $250K total?

Agree on the rest, though.

As long as you don't call what your team achieved "legit", I have no problem with you calling us jealous and envious. 

They cheated, and according to the NFL, burning evidence kept it from being in doubt. 

Don't worry though, if cheating to 4 title's only gets you a 4 game suspension, it seems like nothing will stop your team from being as successful as they're willing to cheat their way to achieve

Again, all teams try to gain a competitive advantage in the NFL.

What about how the Broncos circumvented the salary cap to win 2 Super Bowl titles?

If you get caught, you pay the price, just like what happened to the Broncos and the Pats.

Would you give up a few draft picks to win 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years?

Any Jets fan who says no, doesn't understand what the NFL is all about.

You nean like Belicheat and Kraft did while Beli was under contract with the Jets?

And when Kraft hired Weiss?

Romeo?

Pioli? 

Etc?

Or are we talking more like the Pats telling Branch to work out a deal with another team and then filing tampering charges against the Jets when they discussed a deal? 

Then you can attempt to tell us how it's cheating and how it changed the fact that the Pats are the only team in the history of American sports to ever have been found guilty of organization cheating from top to bottom.

Thats ever, all time 

and think, the organization's boiler-plate cheating culture began long before Kraft became a master at it.  

Perhaps it all began in 1982 when the Patriots cheated to win a game by sending out a snowplow, driven by a convicted felon on work-release from the nearby prison, to clear the snow in a blizzard so that the Pats could beat the Dolphins 3-0.  Maybe this is what set the tone for the entire culture of the organization for the next 35 years.  

The Patriots organization reveres that day so much that they commemorate it by proudly hanging the snowplow used to cheat on display in their own little hall of fame (or is it hall of shame?)    

patriots-snow-plow-13.jpg

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It didn't cost him financially, unless there's evidence of endorsement deals disappearing as a result of the suspension. What's he getting docked, like $250K total?

Agree on the rest, though.

He went from being a top of the trusted athletes list to the rock bottom of that list.  Watched a whole thing on just that on ESPN, how he's a none person too advertisers.  

Hard to tell, don't think he was ever liked and a sought after spokesperson 

40 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

What about how the Broncos circumvented the salary cap to win 2 Super Bowl titles?

If you get caught, you pay the price, just like what happened to the Broncos and the Pats.

Again, the Pats are the only team in the history of American sports to be found guilty of organizational  cheating.  

You can whine all you want about cap nonsense or tampering nonsense.  When it comes to actually cheating the Pats stand all alone

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

I love when you open this door

Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots 24-17. Yet almost as quickly as the tapes and notes were found, they were destroyed, on Goodell's orders: League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room. To many owners and coaches, the expediency of the NFL's investigation -- and the Patriots' and Goodell's insistence that no games were tilted by the spying -- seemed dubious. It reminded them of something they had seen before from the league and Patriots: At least two teams had caught New England videotaping their coaches' signals in 2006, yet the league did nothing. Further, NFL competition committee members had, over the years, fielded numerous allegations about New England breaking an array of rules. Still nothing. Now the stakes had gotten much higher: Spygate's unanswered questions and destroyed evidence had managed to seize the attention of a hard-charging U.S. senator, Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, who was threatening a congressional investigation. This would put everyone -- players, coaches, owners and the commissioner -- under oath, a prospect that some in that room at The Breakers believed could threaten the foundation of the NFL. Goodell tried to assuage his bosses: He ordered the destruction of the tapes and notes, he insisted, so they couldn't be exploited again. Many in the room didn't believe it. And some would conclude it was as if Goodell, Kraft and Belichick had acted like partners, complicit in trying to sweep the scandal's details under the rug while the rest of the league was left wondering how much glory the Patriots' cheating had cost their teams. "Goodell didn't want anybody to know that his gold franchise had won Super Bowls by cheating," a senior executive whose team lost to the Patriots in a Super Bowl now says. "If that gets out, that hurts your business."

Now, the Patriots realized that they were on to something, a schematic edge that could allow their best minds more control on the field. Taping from the sideline increased efficiency and minimized confusion. And so, as Walsh later told investigators, the system improved, becoming more streamlined -- and more secretive. The quarterbacks were cut out of the process. The only people involved were a few coaches, the video staff and, of course, Adams. Belichick, almost five years after being fired by the Browns and fully aware that this was his last best shot as a head coach, placed an innovative system of cheating in the hands of his most trusted friend.

notice it wasn't described as an innovative way to gain an edge ?

the only reason the pats don't have an asterisk next to the wins is the NFL is all about money.  That's the sum of your bragging rights;

"the NFL cares more about money than integrity so they destroyed the evidence and covered it up"

and I think you can figure out how I stand on the cheating issue.  If the jets ever get caught cheating I will be deciding between the Giants and Steelers as my next team

Isn't honor a big thing in Texas ?  why don't you have any ?

Again, the Pats are the only team in the history of American sports to be found guilty of organizational  cheating.  

You can whine all you want about cap nonsense or tampering nonsense.  When it comes to actually cheating the Pats stand all alone

Your friggn' team hasn't done squat in 47 years.

You need to worry about how your team "just might" back into the playoffs, instead of worrying about a team that has 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You need to worry about how your team "just might" back into the playoffs, instead of worrying about a team that has 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years.

Honestly, how does someone lecture a Jets fan about worrying about our own team when he has 21,954 posts on a website of a team he doesn't root for. TAKE YOUR OWN ADVISE AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN TEAM!!! GET LOST!!!

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

According to the NFL, none of them are in doubt.

Just in the minds of jealous and envious opposing fans.

This is such a fallacy.   Fans are not hateful of the Steelers who have 6 titles.  Or the 49ers.  Their franchises didn't dig beneath the gutters for unfair advantages that violate the honor in sports.  They are respected.

Honor, respect, class.  Words that should never be uttered about the team  in Foxboro.  Something the bandwagon jumping, American Naptime loving fans just have to hang their "Sawx" hats on.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Next to Rutgers, you are the biggest doosh on the board.

Congrats.

grow up

ok , that was too easy.  Care to quote the post where I point out all of your arguments are sh*t ?

did he bail again ? 

He went from being a top of the trusted athletes list to the rock bottom of that list.  Watched a whole thing on just that on ESPN, how he's a none person too advertisers.  

Hard to tell, don't think he was ever liked and a sought after spokesperson 

I'll take your word for it that advertisers are staying away from him now (though it pleases me tremendously to hear). Suspension or not, he got that national commercial campaign after getting caught cheating. This makes it more official, but everyone knew what he was then. In terms of salary he lost pretty much nothing.

This is such a fallacy.  

Honor, respect, class. 

For crying out loud, go coach a Little League or Pop Warner team if you want "honor, respect and class".

Again, the only thing that matters in the NFL is winning.

Sorry that your team hasn't done that in the last 47 years.

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Are you saying that the NFL is about cheating, like the phrase "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"? Maybe its my naiveness, but I didnt get that memo. Maybe Pats fans did though.

Are you calling cheating a "competitive advantage" now? 

I dont know much about the Broncos circumventing the salary cap to win 2 Superbowls, maybe thats where the Patriots got the idea from given the way they're paying Brady. 

Whats funny is that you say, "If you get caught, you pay the price"...well if you believe that then why would you call fans "Jealous and envious" that call it out? 

No, I wouldnt "cheat" to win 4 Superbowls which would result into losing draft picks. I root for my team for a reason, but im not a fan to the point of knowingly respecting cheating practices and calling it a "competitive advantage". When has that become the thing to do? 

Maybe this is what the NFL has been about since it seems like the Patriots Owner has been running the league for about 15 years. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You are so full of $hit to say that.

99% of Jets fans would cut off their left ball, to win one Super Bowl, let alone four.

it's just my hobby tx.  I enjoy it but the days of it defining me are long over.  I grew out of that when I was about 19. 

getting back to the cheating

it's not your fault

it's just my hobby tx.  I enjoy it but the days of it defining me are long over.  I grew out of that when I was about 19. 

getting back to the cheating

it's not your fault

You know what sucks Larz?

I still think you are one of the better posters on the board.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

And you're a loser who jumped from this team to a team who won.  Big friggen deal any aswipe can do that, what are you crowing about old man?  

Don't need to worry about anything, I'm not some loser who's whole life revolves around what others think about me and the teams I choose to root for in a particular year.  To the point of trolling me old teams board as if you were a lifetime Patriot fans.  I hate nitwit, bandwagon fans like that.  Somehow, you're even worse, thinking that when someone tells you to shove your POS Pats team ta out of jealousy.  

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

99% of Jets fans would cut off their left ball, to win one Super Bowl, let alone four.

You're a low class Pats fan, don't tell others what they would do, how low they would roll for a win.  

Your brothers and your team have set that bar already.  

29 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Why would you call me full of sh*t when you yourself just said 99% and not 100%? 

Nice that you ignored everything else just to say that im full of sh*t though. 

I'll enjoy my Jets fandom with their failures. You enjoy your suspect superbowls.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How has the last 47 years treated you?

Must have been great.

I'm as happy as can be.  Being a miserable bastard, who enjoys whining, crying, bitching who gets enjoyment by thinking he's making others miserable can't understand.  See I could be like you, root for a team that plays nowhere near me because it makes you feel like you have a big dick or something.  Something anyone could do.

i root for my team, in their home town and have gone to just about every home game since I was a teenager. 

Life is great, think of the pile of shlt you'll be stuck with the Brady leaves.  Rooting for a shltty team from a shltty city you don't live near. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I love when you open this door

Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots 24-17. Yet almost as quickly as the tapes and notes were found, they were destroyed, on Goodell's orders: League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room. To many owners and coaches, the expediency of the NFL's investigation -- and the Patriots' and Goodell's insistence that no games were tilted by the spying -- seemed dubious. It reminded them of something they had seen before from the league and Patriots: At least two teams had caught New England videotaping their coaches' signals in 2006, yet the league did nothing. Further, NFL competition committee members had, over the years, fielded numerous allegations about New England breaking an array of rules. Still nothing. Now the stakes had gotten much higher: Spygate's unanswered questions and destroyed evidence had managed to seize the attention of a hard-charging U.S. senator, Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, who was threatening a congressional investigation. This would put everyone -- players, coaches, owners and the commissioner -- under oath, a prospect that some in that room at The Breakers believed could threaten the foundation of the NFL. Goodell tried to assuage his bosses: He ordered the destruction of the tapes and notes, he insisted, so they couldn't be exploited again. Many in the room didn't believe it. And some would conclude it was as if Goodell, Kraft and Belichick had acted like partners, complicit in trying to sweep the scandal's details under the rug while the rest of the league was left wondering how much glory the Patriots' cheating had cost their teams. "Goodell didn't want anybody to know that his gold franchise had won Super Bowls by cheating," a senior executive whose team lost to the Patriots in a Super Bowl now says. "If that gets out, that hurts your business."

Now, the Patriots realized that they were on to something, a schematic edge that could allow their best minds more control on the field. Taping from the sideline increased efficiency and minimized confusion. And so, as Walsh later told investigators, the system improved, becoming more streamlined -- and more secretive. The quarterbacks were cut out of the process. The only people involved were a few coaches, the video staff and, of course, Adams. Belichick, almost five years after being fired by the Browns and fully aware that this was his last best shot as a head coach, placed an innovative system of cheating in the hands of his most trusted friend.

notice it wasn't described as an innovative way to gain an edge ?

the only reason the pats don't have an asterisk next to the wins is the NFL is all about money.  That's the sum of your bragging rights;

"the NFL cares more about money than integrity so they destroyed the evidence and covered it up"

and I think you can figure out how I stand on the cheating issue.  If the jets ever get caught cheating I will be deciding between the Giants and Steelers as my next team

Isn't honor a big thing in Texas ?  why don't you have any ?

Sources?  I can quote, bold and underline text and make it appear legit as well. 

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

This is such a fallacy.   Fans are not hateful of the Steelers who have 6 titles.  Or the 49ers.  Their franchises didn't dig beneath the gutters for unfair advantages that violate the honor in sports.  They are respected.

Honor, respect, class.  Words that should never be uttered about the team  in Foxboro.  Something the bandwagon jumping, American Naptime loving fans just have to hang their "Sawx" hats on.

Really?

Go checkout some fan Message boards of their rivals.  Go see how not hateful they are.

44 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Are you saying that the NFL is about cheating, like the phrase "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"? Maybe its my naiveness, but I didnt get that memo. Maybe Pats fans did though.

Are you calling cheating a "competitive advantage" now? 

I dont know much about the Broncos circumventing the salary cap to win 2 Superbowls, maybe thats where the Patriots got the idea from given the way they're paying Brady. 

Whats funny is that you say, "If you get caught, you pay the price"...well if you believe that then why would you call fans "Jealous and envious" that call it out? 

No, I wouldnt "cheat" to win 4 Superbowls which would result into losing draft picks. I root for my team for a reason, but im not a fan to the point of knowingly respecting cheating practices and calling it a "competitive advantage". When has that become the thing to do? 

Maybe this is what the NFL has been about since it seems like the Patriots Owner has been running the league for about 15 years. 

Why do you even watch the game then?

Why do linemen hold?  To gain an advantage.

Why do receivers push off or corners/safeties grab a fistful of jersey?  To gain an advantage.

That is cheating.  How is that any less impactfull of removing air when the refs checked balls before the game?  It is not.

It is disingenuous to wag a finger at the Patriots and then cheer when your players get away with cheating.

Why do you even watch the game then?

Why do linemen hold?  To gain an advantage.

Why do receivers push off or corners/safeties grab a fistful of jersey?  To gain an advantage.

That is cheating.  How is that any less impactfull of removing air when the refs checked balls before the game?  It is not.

It is disingenuous to wag a finger at the Patriots and then cheer when your players get away with cheating.

Great post!

Jets fans really don't have a clue.

I'm as happy as can be.  Being a miserable bastard, who enjoys whining, crying, bitching who gets enjoyment by thinking he's making others miserable can't understand.  See I could be like you, root for a team that plays nowhere near me because it makes you feel like you have a big dick or something.  Something anyone could do.

i root for my team, in their home town and have gone to just about every home game since I was a teenager. 

Life is great, think of the pile of shlt you'll be stuck with the Brady leaves.  Rooting for a shltty team from a shltty city you don't live near. 

You are happy as can be?

Your team has been irrelevant for the last 47 years.

How the hell can you be happy with that pathetic performance?

Archived