Robert Kraft hammers NFL after Tom Brady gives up on Deflategate suspension

Gen X Jet

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Really?

Holding, pushing off, grabbing jerseys are done on every play and it is cheating.  Pretending otherwise just destroys any credibility you think you have here. 

Lol. Repeating this doesn't make it any less ridiculous. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Let me ask you this.

If that was the Jets winning 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years, would you disown the team as cheaters?

I'd be bummed out if they got there by cheating. It would bother me a lot. However, whether I'd admit as much to a rival fan, probably not. But I guarantee you that I would not be trolling on a Pats,  Bills or Dolphin fan forum site about it. I would not defend all the harsh criticism that  the Jets would justly deserve for blatant or disguised cheating. So yeah,  I'd be a bit different from the Pats trolls here who do nothing but deny the truth or make feeble excuses trying to justify it.

34 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Hey, did you all hear about that guy with an unpaid parking ticket that dared to criticize a serial killer?  I mean what a hypocrite, right?  They're both criminals!

Dudes running red lights be up for life, yo! 

4 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

There are no reasonable Patsie fans when it comes to this whole cheating business.  Can't expect a reasonable conversation with them.

They want so much to believe that their team didn't cheat their way to *championships, that many of them have conditioned themselves into actually believing that.  Even though the evidence is overwhelming.

2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

To try and say that cheating is acceptable is stupidity at its highest level.

Funny, because that's actually what YOU are arguing, by claiming "everybody does it".  When, in fact, nobody does what New England does.  Not even close.

2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Some are.  Illegal substitution, running into the kicker, encroachment are part of the game.  CB/Safeties do not incidentally grab a jersey.  They are knowingly doing it to level the field or gain an advantage.  Same with the wide receiver and linemen analogies.  That is cheating. 

To try and say that cheating is acceptable is stupidity at its highest level.

Ok, keep telling yourself that.  Maybe someone will believe you.  Even you don't believe it though. 

To you when you LT is beat and the DE is bearing in on Tammy, he doesn't say screw it, I'll take the penalty to protect Tom?  Never saw an OL lose leverage so he grabs?  Those are pre meditated cheaters?  Sure, you need a different everyday play to soften the Pats cheating episodes. 

On 7/17/2016 at 4:51 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Let me ask you this.

If that was the Jets winning 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years, would you disown the team as cheaters?

No way. I would retire from my job, say goodbye to sunlight and spend all my time on another teams message board defending them . Duh!!

22 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Are you saying that the NFL is about cheating, like the phrase "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"? Maybe its my naiveness, but I didnt get that memo. Maybe Pats fans did though.

Are you calling cheating a "competitive advantage" now? 

I dont know much about the Broncos circumventing the salary cap to win 2 Superbowls, maybe thats where the Patriots got the idea from given the way they're paying Brady. 

Whats funny is that you say, "If you get caught, you pay the price"...well if you believe that then why would you call fans "Jealous and envious" that call it out? 

No, I wouldnt "cheat" to win 4 Superbowls which would result into losing draft picks. I root for my team for a reason, but im not a fan to the point of knowingly respecting cheating practices and calling it a "competitive advantage". When has that become the thing to do? 

Maybe this is what the NFL has been about since it seems like the Patriots Owner has been running the league for about 15 years. 

The Broncos didn't circumvent the cap to win 2 Superbowls. IIRC what they did - to alleviate the owner's cash flow problems while building the stadium, not the team's cap problems - was they got TD and Elway to defer like $30M in salary/bonuses to a later date. Over that time, they were accruing interest that was payable after the season. It is the interest alone that never hit the cap, and for which they were penalized, even though the payment to them was interest on a loan not payment for playing football. It wasn't like they paid them $30M to play football for the Broncos and then didn't count it against the cap. 

There was never a situation remotely close to the Patriots' underhanded arrangement with Brady, whereby they pay him millions extra off the salary cap books, indirectly through a company in which he has significant ownership, under the ridiculous facade that it is for this company's BS worthless elixir. 

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

There are no reasonable Patsie fans when it comes to this whole cheating business.  Can't expect a reasonable conversation with them.

Same fanbase that's still in denial about Big Papi and ManRam doing roids you think they're going to be even remotely objective about this?

46 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Broncos didn't circumvent the cap to win 2 Superbowls. IIRC what they did - to alleviate the owner's cash flow problems while building the stadium, not the team's cap problems - was they got TD and Elway to defer like $30M in salary/bonuses to a later date. Over that time, they were accruing interest that was payable after the season. It is the interest alone that never hit the cap, and for which they were penalized, even though the payment to them was interest on a loan not payment for playing football. It wasn't like they paid them $30M to play football for the Broncos and then didn't count it against the cap. 

There was never a situation remotely close to the Patriots' underhanded arrangement with Brady, whereby they pay him millions extra off the salary cap books, indirectly through a company in which he has significant ownership, under the ridiculous facade that it is for this company's BS worthless elixir. 

I knew that I needed to take a load of salt with that info the moment it was coming from a Pats fan that called their style of business a competitive advantage. 

I appreciate you clearing that up though given that I actually never heard about this. 

More crying and whining by Jets fans?

You do know the NFL approved the Brady deal before anything actually happened?

How is that considered an underhanded arrangement?

24 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Don't you get tired of constantly defending scum bags? It's all you do, other than ridicule others. Sorry but you are a  disgrace as a human being. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

The NFL also burned the spygate tapes. Not to mention all the medical research they've buried over the years. Color me unimpressed with your testimony as to the NFL's morality.

Besides, the NFL also said the Broncos gained no competitive advantage. That didn't stop you from making up nonsense about them winning 2 SBs because the owner borrowed money from 2 players. 

The NFL also burned the spygate tapes. Not to mention all the medical research they've buried over the years. Color me unimpressed with your testimony as to the NFL's morality.

Besides, the NFL also said the Broncos gained no competitive advantage. That didn't stop you from making up nonsense about them winning 2 SBs because the owner borrowed money from 2 players. 

That was Al Davis claiming the Broncos won 2 Super Bowls by flagrantly circumventing the salary cap.

I tend to agree with him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Which is it: is Goodell crooked and on a witch hunt to burn Brady or is Goodell's actions proof of legitimacy?

Can't be both.

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

That was Al Davis claiming the Broncos won 2 Super Bowls by flagrantly circumventing the salary cap.

I tend to agree with him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

So the Broncos cheated, once, but the Patriots have never cheated whatsoever.  Got it.

Talk about moral equivalency.  You're in the same camp as PK, complaining about why people don't think a 10-yard penalty is the exact same thing as 2 decades of institutional cheating and shady behavior.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the Broncos cheated, once, but the Patriots have never cheated whatsoever.  Got it.

Talk about moral equivalency.  You're in the same camp as PK, complaining about why people don't think a 10-yard penalty is the exact same thing as 2 decades of institutional cheating and shady behavior.

Pretty sad arguments they have been making here.

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

Pretty sad arguments they have been making here.

They are all out of arguments. The Patriots organization as a whole is premised on obtaining the most competitve edge they can by breaking rules, bending rules and finding loopholes in rules.  It's been that way since 1982 and they commemorate it in their Hall of Shame up there in Foxbunghole.  By hook and by crook, that's how this team illicitly made its way to  superbowls and tainted championships.   It just keeps getting more and more blatant.  Institutional cheaters.  It's in their blood and Pats fans applaud it.   All they have left is sniveling, whimpering and more whining when the truth is thrown in their faces.  As corrupt and reprehensible as the organization is, the Pats fans have been programmed to defend with about a dozen variatuions oif "everybody does it" and "we are being persecuted".  What a bunch of sheep.  Pussies too.

Even the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals was sick of their whining.

On 7/18/2016 at 1:53 PM, EM31 said:

I was talking about both.  Even if you buy the idea that Brady likes it that way which I do not by the way.  This is all about the relationship of ball pressure to rates of fumbling and it always was.  This came from upstairs and Tom went along with it.  The mad professor found and edge and then kept on widening it because he thought he could get away with it.  Just like all of the other black-ops cheating schemes up in Foxboro.   But even if you are one of those who actually buys into the "Tom likes it that way" BS, ball pressure impacts every other player on the field who interacts with the ball.  Therefore it changes the game for everyone.  Receivers fumble less frequently and so on.  Therefore changing ball pressure to be outside of the league "QB preference" range is clearly an attempt to have your own cake and then eat the other guy's cake too.  You might as well try to secretly change the cleats on defenders shoes without asking thme first or even telling them that you are doing it.

The fact that it was implemented in a clandestine way (just like spy-gate) clearly indicates that the cheaters knew they were cheating and yet chose to carry on anyway while trying to cover their tracks.  How is that in any way similar to Offensive line holding?

The ball "black-ops" theory does not hold water.

Look at his career splits between home and road.  If your theory was correct, there should be a huge difference in his numbers much like there was with Colorado Rockies before they started to humidor the balls.  However, his numbers are similar.  The Patriots do not control the ball on the road, yet his numbers are similar. 

On 7/18/2016 at 2:04 PM, slats said:

Lol. Repeating this doesn't make it any less ridiculous. 

Neither does ignoring the hole in your argument. 

On 7/18/2016 at 1:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a huge difference between penalties that get flagged and institutional, long-standing cheating that goes all the way up to your owner.  Pretending otherwise destroys any limited credibility you have.  You don't see players going to the federal courts because of some 10-yard penalties.  No other team is even close to being on the Patriots' level when it comes to cheating, and that's not just the NFL; that's across all American professional sports.  Unless of course you want to include Lance Armstong's "team" (somehow cycling is a team sport, which I don't understand because I don't give a sh*t about cycling), which could be debated.

Btw, the Patriots are one of the worst in the league about getting away with holding.  They trade away guys like Logan Mankins, draft dogsh*t linemen who then quickly get hurt, and somehow their CFL-grade offensive line somehow still keeps Brady's jersey clean.  Yeah, nothing suspicious about that either.  Pretty sure Ernie Adams teaches the linemen how to cheat properly as part of his shady "Research Director" duties.

Am I being ridiculous and tinfoily here?  Yes, a little.  But the Pats have gotten away with, and also caught, with cheating so often, they've entered Area 51 Territory.  Anything people say they've done could be true.  That's what happens when you cheat, and do so more than once.  No one gives you the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Sucks you'll have to defend your fanhood like this the rest of your life.

Frustrating?  Good.  Deal with it.

They did not go to court because of ball deflation.  They went to court for the arbitration process.     :bag:

The first step in overcoming your tinfoil addiction is admitting you have a problem.  :)

Archived