Geno to start preseason with chance to prove himself?

JohnnyLV

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I listed the skill position players we had and their stats earlier. If you do not want to accept that ok with me. The Decker excuse esp is BS. He had a good year. 

Right, because we'll completely ignore the fact that Decker was basically a decoy for almost the entire season and that if he didn't have that monster game at the end of the year he would be considered a bust of a signing. 

No "statz" you post will convince anyone with even a quarter of a brain that the 2014 Jets had a decent offense. Believing that is a "you" problem.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Decker in 2014 had almost 1000 passing yards. He was effective.. And why with similar numbers seven more Tds in 2015. There were a lot more Tds in 2015. Geno had 13 Td receptions in 2014. Fitz had 31 in 2015. You're trying to categorize injuries and you can't do it. If a guy is active and participates then he is healthy enough to play. Actually one guy who also played injured in 2015 was Fitz. He had a broken left thumb. You give him no pass for that. I'm not blaming Geno I'n just saying it is bogus to say he had no skill position weapons on O in 2014. He did. 

I'll ask the question again, hopefully you stop sidestepping. 

Since you've made it known that all players play hurt (Something we both know) please, tell us how many games did Eric Decker pull himself from in 2014. Instead of giving me everything else, could you simply answer the question? 

Im not giving a pass on Fitz thumb because it was his non-throwing hand and he didnt need to miss any time. Remember, you said it yourself, all players play hurt...and that includes Geno when he played. However, there's a difference between playing hurt (what you're talking about) and being injured to the point that you CANT PLAY (which is what im talking about). 

Now please, answer the question. Dont give me the run around...or atleast if you do just before you click "submit reply" answer the question. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

Right, because we'll completely ignore the fact that Decker was basically a decoy for almost the entire season and that if he didn't have that monster game at the end of the year he would be considered a bust of a signing. 

No "statz" you post will convince anyone with even a quarter of a brain that the 2014 Jets had a decent offense. Believing that is a "you" problem.

The guy had almost 1000 yards so how is that being a decoy. He was banged up but played. As is everyone on the team. We didn't have Marshall but we did have other guys who were good players. Including Ivory and Bilal Powell. We had and used the tight end position, too. 

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So if it was all the talent around him, and not Fitz in any way, we should reasonably expect a superior QB talent and physical specimen like Geno Smith to exceed the production of a loser like Fitz here in 2016, right?

We have one of the best talented rosters on O I can recall, at least since the Vinny 98' Era.  So good it carried that loser Fitz to Jets Franchise records and a 10 win season.  At every position we're either equal, or better, in 2016 than in 2015.

So if we replace that horrible loser Fitz with a great talent like Geno, naturally such a talent, with a better arm, better legs, better brain and natural leadership skills, will produce at least as well as limp armed, limp legged, limp brained "Fitz****face", right?

Great, it's good to establish expectations from our players, and you've ensured we set the bar for Geno this year.  Excellent.

Considering that Geno was wiping the floor with Fitz in training camp before the dumbass got himself punched and also taking account of the fact that the one game he played in cold off the bench Geno matched an average Fitz line, yeah, those are MY "expectations" should he be given a second chance.  Do I think he will hit them? No not really considering the ridiculous schedule.  But I have more faith that he will at least match what Fitz would put up if he went up against defenses better than the Jags, Giants, Titans, etc.  See you were so quick to come back with snarky sarcastic responses you missed my point completely.

Geno is cheap.  Geno has more physical ability. Geno is younger.  Our schedule suck eggs and we're probably going to get ass-blasted regardless of who's behind center a number of games this year.  I would rather tell Ryan to go Fitzf*ck himself for turning down a 12mil offer, take that money and roll into next year, and sink or swim with Geno.  Pretty f*cking simple when you aren't trying to be a sarcastic d*ck all the time.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So if it was all the talent around him, and not Fitz in any way, we should reasonably expect a superior QB talent and physical specimen like Geno Smith to exceed the production of a loser like Fitz here in 2016, right?

We have one of the best talented rosters on O I can recall, at least since the Vinny 98' Era.  So good it carried that loser Fitz to Jets Franchise records and a 10 win season.  At every position we're either equal, or better, in 2016 than in 2015.

So if we replace that horrible loser Fitz with a great talent like Geno, naturally such a talent, with a better arm, better legs, better brain and natural leadership skills, will produce at least as well as limp armed, limp legged, limp brained "Fitz****face", right?

Great, it's good to establish expectations from our players, and you've ensured we set the bar for Geno this year.  Excellent.

Your sarcasm will probably end up being true though. Fitz is average at best and he's never been consistent at being average (Only been average with Chan Gailey). And "franchise records" is wrong, you mean "franchise record" which was the TD's. And I'll have to lean over to Marshall's side given that he demolished all kinds of Jets WR single season records with his performance last season as well, the difference however is that Marshall has always been that player, for 5 different teams to be exact....Ryan Fitzpatrick had a great situation and capitalized. 

I wouldnt say that he didnt provide anything to the equation, of course he did, but if we're talking about percentages, I would say that his percentage wasnt as much in comparison to his wide receivers. 

In otherwords, Its not like Fitzpatrick set the bar super high or something. He benefited from a future hall of fame WR as his #1 and a probowl WR as his #2. Its hard to **** that up my friend. 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're like a regular straw man factory. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'll ask the question again, hopefully you stop sidestepping. 

Since you've made it known that all players play hurt (Something we both know) please, tell us how many games did Eric Decker pull himself from in 2014. Instead of giving me everything else, could you simply answer the question? 

Im not giving a pass on Fitz thumb because it was his non-throwing hand and he didnt need to miss any time. Remember, you said it yourself, all players play hurt...and that includes Geno when he played. However, there's a difference between playing hurt (what you're talking about) and being injured to the point that you CANT PLAY (which is what im talking about). 

Now please, answer the question. Dont give me the run around...or atleast if you do just before you click "submit reply" answer the question. 

Obviously a Qb needs a left hand and a right hand to grasp a ball and hand it off etc. I'm not looking for any excuses for him but he played injured including going back into the game he broke the thumb in and even completing a pass later. I give Geno credit in that game too for returning after his injury. Both guys played tough that day. But Decker was a good player and a contributor for the Jets in 2014. I don't know the scope of every player's injury. If the doctor says they are ok to play then to me that's the line. And if the coach and the player feel they are healthy enough to play.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Obviously a Qb needs a left hand and a right hand to grasp a ball and hand it off etc. I'm not looking for any excuses for him but he played injured including going back into the game he broke the thumb in and even completing a pass later. I give Geno credit in that game too for returning after his injury. Both guys played tough that day. But Decker was a good player and a contributor for the Jets in 2014. I don't know the scope of every player's injury. If the doctor says they are ok to play then to me that's the line. And if the coach and the player feel they are healthy enough to play.

Answer the question Ranger!!!!!!!!

Damn man lol. Is it really that hard? 

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He had nearly identical statistics receptions (74 vs 80), yards (962 vs. 1027) , yards per catch (13.0 vs 12.8) games started (15 vs. 15) in 2014 and 2015.

According to you, the quality of opponents was massively lower in 2015 when compared to 2014 which might lead a normal person to think that he would have done far better in 2015.  He did not.

And yet according you your brilliant analysis, he was "basically a decoy" in 2014.

People could not make this stuff up.  Congratulations I think you qualify by your own judgement as someone who does indeed have a quarter of a brain.

<edited to add>

Decoys are decoys... They don't get targeted.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Answer the question Ranger!!!!!!!!

Damn man lol. Is it really that hard? 

Decker was not injured to the point where he couldn't play. If so prove it. He started 15 games and had almost 1000 receiving yards. If he couldn't play then he would have not been in the lineup. This is my last reply on this topic because I don't like your attitude. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Decker was not injured to the point where he couldn't play. If so prove it. He started 15 games and had almost 1000 receiving yards. If he couldn't play then he would have not been in the lineup. This is my last reply on this topic because I don't like your attitude. 

Since you asked me to prove it, then let me. Your responses dont shed light on much anyway since you circle back and forth while sidestepping questions. Here's your proof. The first is the next game after he injured his against the Packers on Sept. 14th. The second article is from October 5th talking about how Eric Decker cant play through the injury.....3 weeks after originally suffering the injury. I can also show more thoughout the month of October showing that he suffered through this injury for 2 months. 

Eric Decker was suiting up, but he wasnt Eric Decker. No need to respond, I dont like your sidestepping. 

Eric Decker injury update: WR removed himself from Jets-Bears because hamstring 'tightened up'

eric decker
Jets receiver Eric Decker is tackled after his only catch during Monday night's loss to the Bears. Decker said took himself out late in the first half because injured hamstring "tightened up." (William Perlman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on September 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM, updated September 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
2shares

EAST RUTHERFORD -- Eric Decker felt good, at least until he didn't.

Decker, the Jets' wide receiver, tested his injured hamstring on the MetLife Stadium field approximately three hours beforeMonday night's 27-19 loss to the Bears, only to tell ESPN's Lisa Salters he intended to play.

"I feel good," Decker told Salters. "I'm up."

But Decker, the Jets' best deep threat, rotated in and out of the game and played just 12 snaps, none in the second half. He said afterward that the hamstring had "tightened up on me" and that he "instead of doing something stupid and really hurt myself down the road," he decided to take himself out of the game.

Head coach Rex Ryan said the plan was to limit Decker just as the Jets had done.

"We never had the idea that we were going to put him in there every snap," Ryan said.

In the first quarter, Decker did catch a 19-yard pass in traffic on third down the only time he was targeted.

He described the tightness he felt as a "gradual" thing.

"When it tightens up, you can get it warmed up, loosened up, but it was at the point where it wasn't loosening up," Decker said.

Decker said he decided to play because he didn't experience a lot of pain with the hamstring as he warmed up before the game.

"It was a soreness, and everyone has soreness—I've played through a lot of soreness in my career so far," he said. "I felt like I wanted to give it a chance; I didn't want to sit out. I didn't do anything stupid. I pulled myself at the right time."

Decker said the hamstring did feel better than when he initially pulled it last week against the Packers. But it's the same hamstring he initially injured during training camp. The obvious concern is that this will be something that lingers.

The Jets are next scheduled to play in five days, when they host the Lions (and Decker's wife, country singer Jessie James, is slated to sing the national anthem). Decker said he'd have to evaluate things every day this week to know whether he'd be able to play.

"It's tough," Decker said. "You always want to be in there."

Eric Decker warms up but NY Jets top receiver unable to play through injury

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi

The Jets are without Eric Decker for the 31-0 thumping they receive from the Chargers.

(ROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

SAN DIEGO – Regardless of whether Geno Smith or Michael Vick was quarterbacking Sunday, both signal-callers were without the Jets’ best receiver. Eric Decker was inactive because of his troublesome right hamstring.

Decker warmed up before the game, but could not go. He has dealt with the injury since training camp and it’s limited him during the regular season; he even had to be pulled from practice on Thursday.

“The trainers said he can’t go,” Rex Ryan said. “The fact that he made the trip I think is a positive thing. He wasn’t ready.”

It’s only the second game that Decker has missed due to injury in his career. He did not play in a 2011 divisional playoff game when he was with the Broncos because of a sprained MCL.

Resting Decker against the Chargers theoretically should enhance his chances of playing against his old team, the Broncos, next Sunday.

Decker, who was signed during the offseason, has 14 catches for 205 yards, a 14.6 yards-per-catch average, and two touchdowns this season.

The Jets did have David Nelson (ankle) active, not that he did much. Nelson caught just one pass for nine yards and was badly limping after the game. “It’s killing me,” he said afterwards.

SAY IT AIN’T JOE

Sunday’s game did nothing to improve Joe Namath’s opinion of his old team only a few days after he said he was still unimpressed with Smith and that the embattled quarterback was getting little help from his offensive line or receivers.

Broadway Joe, sounding like any long-suffering Jet fan, took to social media during the game and wrote on Twitter (@RealJoeNamath): “I’m watching the Jets play San Diego and it’s no fun at all.”

27 minutes ago, EM31 said:

He had nearly identical statistics receptions (74 vs 80), yards (962 vs. 1027) , yards per catch (13.0 vs 12.8) games started (15 vs. 15) in 2014 and 2015.

According to you, the quality of opponents was massively lower in 2015 when compared to 2014 which might lead a normal person to think that he would have done far better in 2015.  He did not.

And yet according you your brilliant analysis, he was "basically a decoy" in 2014.

People could not make this stuff up.  Congratulations I think you qualify by your own judgement as someone who does indeed have a quarter of a brain.

1.  I mentioned nothing about the 2014 schedule and how it compared to 2015. Like, at all.  Might want to learn how to read before tossing shots back.

2.  Decker, when finally healthy, had 10 catches for 221 yards in a meaningless week 17 game where he was catching BOMBS all over the place inflating just about any "stat" you can think of. Take that one game out and his season is one defined by his potential, but ultimately he couldn't stay healthy and the guys behind him and beside him weren't enough therefore the offense struggled.  Idzik was fired after 2 seasons for botching the repairing of the offense so badly.  

Another village idiot too focused on one topic and missing the point entirely.

For the most part We. Had. Nothing. On. Offense. In 2014. Slow enough for you?  For Christ's sake, Westhoff showed up at TC in 2014 and said outside of Decker everyone was USELESS.  You wanna wager he knows more about football than you and Ranger9?

You should probably quit trying trying to flip shots and quit while you are wayyyyyyyy behind.  Don't get lost in Fitz's new gut next time you go down on him.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Your responses dont shed light on much anyway since you circle back and forth while sidestepping questions.

Are you talking to yourself here?

Asking for a friend.

Sure Decker had a hammy and didn't play in the SD game and left the Bears game. But that 's not the entire season. We know he started 15 games (only 13 in 2015) And according to this article the hammy was a lot better by November. http://nypost.com/2014/11/19/jets-receiver-decker-finally-over-hamstring-injury/ Again he had a knee injury in 2015 no mention of that at all.  As for the last game meaning nothing most of Geno's Ws were latter part of the season wins with nothing on the line. You're making the point. I don't take those games away from Geno. It was the key factor in naming him to be the starter in 2014 after a very shaky season. And not all of his fault because he was a rookie starting which is a disadvantage. It's the only true excuse for his league low bad stats. 

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Since you asked me to prove it, then let me. Your responses dont shed light on much anyway since you circle back and forth while sidestepping questions. Here's your proof. The first is the next game after he injured his against the Packers on Sept. 14th. The second article is from October 5th talking about how Eric Decker cant play through the injury.....3 weeks after originally suffering the injury. I can also show more thoughout the month of October showing that he suffered through this injury for 2 months. 

Eric Decker was suiting up, but he wasnt Eric Decker. No need to respond, I dont like your sidestepping. 

Eric Decker injury update: WR removed himself from Jets-Bears because hamstring 'tightened up'

eric decker
Jets receiver Eric Decker is tackled after his only catch during Monday night's loss to the Bears. Decker said took himself out late in the first half because injured hamstring "tightened up." (William Perlman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on September 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM, updated September 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
2shares

EAST RUTHERFORD -- Eric Decker felt good, at least until he didn't.

Decker, the Jets' wide receiver, tested his injured hamstring on the MetLife Stadium field approximately three hours beforeMonday night's 27-19 loss to the Bears, only to tell ESPN's Lisa Salters he intended to play.

"I feel good," Decker told Salters. "I'm up."

But Decker, the Jets' best deep threat, rotated in and out of the game and played just 12 snaps, none in the second half. He said afterward that the hamstring had "tightened up on me" and that he "instead of doing something stupid and really hurt myself down the road," he decided to take himself out of the game.

Head coach Rex Ryan said the plan was to limit Decker just as the Jets had done.

"We never had the idea that we were going to put him in there every snap," Ryan said.

In the first quarter, Decker did catch a 19-yard pass in traffic on third down the only time he was targeted.

He described the tightness he felt as a "gradual" thing.

"When it tightens up, you can get it warmed up, loosened up, but it was at the point where it wasn't loosening up," Decker said.

Decker said he decided to play because he didn't experience a lot of pain with the hamstring as he warmed up before the game.

"It was a soreness, and everyone has soreness—I've played through a lot of soreness in my career so far," he said. "I felt like I wanted to give it a chance; I didn't want to sit out. I didn't do anything stupid. I pulled myself at the right time."

Decker said the hamstring did feel better than when he initially pulled it last week against the Packers. But it's the same hamstring he initially injured during training camp. The obvious concern is that this will be something that lingers.

The Jets are next scheduled to play in five days, when they host the Lions (and Decker's wife, country singer Jessie James, is slated to sing the national anthem). Decker said he'd have to evaluate things every day this week to know whether he'd be able to play.

"It's tough," Decker said. "You always want to be in there."

Eric Decker warms up but NY Jets top receiver unable to play through injury

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi

The Jets are without Eric Decker for the 31-0 thumping they receive from the Chargers.

(ROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

SAN DIEGO – Regardless of whether Geno Smith or Michael Vick was quarterbacking Sunday, both signal-callers were without the Jets’ best receiver. Eric Decker was inactive because of his troublesome right hamstring.

Decker warmed up before the game, but could not go. He has dealt with the injury since training camp and it’s limited him during the regular season; he even had to be pulled from practice on Thursday.

“The trainers said he can’t go,” Rex Ryan said. “The fact that he made the trip I think is a positive thing. He wasn’t ready.”

It’s only the second game that Decker has missed due to injury in his career. He did not play in a 2011 divisional playoff game when he was with the Broncos because of a sprained MCL.

Resting Decker against the Chargers theoretically should enhance his chances of playing against his old team, the Broncos, next Sunday.

Decker, who was signed during the offseason, has 14 catches for 205 yards, a 14.6 yards-per-catch average, and two touchdowns this season.

The Jets did have David Nelson (ankle) active, not that he did much. Nelson caught just one pass for nine yards and was badly limping after the game. “It’s killing me,” he said afterwards.

SAY IT AIN’T JOE

Sunday’s game did nothing to improve Joe Namath’s opinion of his old team only a few days after he said he was still unimpressed with Smith and that the embattled quarterback was getting little help from his offensive line or receivers.

Broadway Joe, sounding like any long-suffering Jet fan, took to social media during the game and wrote on Twitter (@RealJoeNamath): “I’m watching the Jets play San Diego and it’s no fun at all.”

For the  3rd or 4th time this thread. Decker was a weapon WHEN HEALTHY in 2014. The other guys? Not so much. The difference between his injuries from last year is how they lingered. He dealt with the Hammy ALL YEAR. That means guys who suck get more playing time.  That was the issue. We had ONE weapon for the most part and when he went down or was severely limited, which was often, the talent behind him wasn't enough. It's not rocket science. It's why Idzik got fired. It's why we traded for Brandon Marshall and considered Amari Cooper in the first round if he fell last year.  It's why half the guys from the 2014 WR corps aren't in the NFL anymore. The 2014 Jet offense sucked. 

The 2015 injury adds nothing to this conversation because it didn't linger like the Hammy. He continued to put up phenomenal numbers after he was healed up. It didn't linger.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  I mentioned nothing about the 2014 schedule and how it compared to 2015. Like, at all.  Might want to learn how to read before tossing shots back.

2.  Decker, when finally healthy, had 10 catches for 221 yards in a meaningless week 17 game where he was catching BOMBS all over the place inflating just about "stat" you can think og. Take that one game out and his season is one defined by his potential, but ultimately he couldn't stay healthy and the guys behind weren't enough.  

Another village idiot too focused on one topic and missing the point entirely.

For the most part We. Had. Nothing. On. Offense. In 2014. Slow enough for you?  For Christ's sake, Westhoff showed up at TC in 2014 and said outside of Decker everyone was USELESS.  You wanna wager he knows more about football than you and Ranger9?

You should probably quit trying trying to flip shots and quit while you are wayyyyyyyy behind.  Don't get lost in Fitz's new gut next time you go down on him.

The point is this.  Geno supporters have tried make the case that 2015 offensive results were achieved with vastly better offensive talent and yes against a weaker schedule than the 2014 offensive team.  The basic idea is that dohsh1t QB play in 2014 wasn't really dogsh1t QB play.

Except that it really was.

If you personally have not tried to make the point about the weaker 2015 schedule then you are the only one of the Geno fan boys who has not done so.

Part of that bizarre narrative is trying to make the case that Decker in 2014 was nothing... a "decoy".... and that Decker in 2015 was an all-pro level.

The only problem is that this does not actually jive with reality.

15 games started both years.  Very similar amount of catches yards, average yards and yards per catch in both years.  And so yes, bullsh1t has been called on that narrative.  If indeed the 2015 opponents were so very much easier than Decker would have been able to feast more heartily on them.  IF he was basically a decoy then that would have shown up in his number of targets... It did not.

You only think people are waaaaayyy behind.  The truth is that they are coming up to lap you.

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The point is this.  Geno supporters have tried make the case that 2015 offensive results were achieve with vastly better offensive talent and yes against a weaker schedule than the 2014 offensive team.  The basic idea is that dohsh1t in 2014 wasn't really dogsh1t.

If you personally have not tried to make the point about the weaker 2015 schedule then you are the only one of the Geno fan boys who has not done so.

Part of that bizarre narrative is trying to make the case that Decker in 2014 was nothing... a "decoy".... and that Decker in 2015 was an all-pro level.

15 games started both years.  Very similar amount of catches yards, average yards and yards per catch in both years.  And so yes, bullsh1t has been called on that narrative.  If indeed the 2015 opponents were so very much easier than Decker would have been able to feast more heartily on them.  IF he was basically a decoy then that would have shown up in his number of targets... It did not.

You only think people are waaaaayyy behind.  The truth is that they are coming up to lap you.

we had very little talent in 2014, we had an inept GM who was sabotaging the HC so he could fire him, the organization was as dysfunctional as cou;ld be yet we expect Geno to all of a sudden light it up.

Geno may suck this year too but he has much more talent around him, he has a better support structure around him and I think he'll be fine.  we won't make or miss the playoffs on Geno vs. fitz.  

Decker was playing hurt most of 2014 and he was basically our only weapon in the pass game.  Now he is a #2 w/ one of the best WRs in the game commanding attention opposite him.  if you think decker 2014 and 2015 are similar I really can't help you.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

we had very little talent in 2014, we had an inept GM who was sabotaging the HC so he could fire him, the organization was as dysfunctional as cou;ld be yet we expect Geno to all of a sudden light it up.

Geno may suck this year too but he has much more talent around him, he has a better support structure around him and I think he'll be fine.  we won't make or miss the playoffs on Geno vs. fitz.  

You basically summed it up beautifully and so simple and yet I still doubt he will understand it.

Just now, nyjunc said:

We did have offensive talent in 2014. The main difference was Marshall and Fitz., Marshall was better than the guys he replaced and Fitz was a quantum leap over Geno. In terms of leadership, play on the field etc. If you want to make the playoffs this year Fitz gives us our best chance to win not Geno. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

We did have offensive talent in 2014. The main difference was Marshall and Fitz., Marshall was better than the guys he replaced and Fitz was a quantum leap over Geno. In terms of leadership, play on the field etc. If you want to make the playoffs this year Fitz gives us our best chance to win not Geno. 

we have been over this a million times, 2014 wasn't close to 2015 in terms of talent.  you can make all the excuses you want, pretend Decker was the same in both years, whatever you want to do but the talent wasn't half as good in 2014 as it was in 2015. the O talent around the QB made us a playoff contender in 2015 not the change at QB.  the change at QB just ensured we wouldn't win in week 17 for the first time in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Win games or make the playoffs? You seem happy with winning games during the season and failing to make the playoffs. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

It is astonishing that supporters of Geno will twist themselves into pretzels to find any rationale on the planet, any rationale whatsoever no matter how bizarre or far-fetched to try and explain why the worst QB performance in the league was a result of anything and everything other than the player who was playing QB.   That the improved QB performance in 2015 was the result of anything and everything other than the player who was playing the QB position in 2015.

Absolutely jaw-dropping.

QB is always the biggest difference maker and it was in this case.

Just now, EM31 said:

It is astonishing that supporters of Geno will twist themselves into pretzels to find any rationale on the planet, any rationale whatsoever no matter how bizarre or far-fetched to try and explain why the worst QB performance in the league was a result of anything and everything other than the player who was playing QB.   That the improved QB performance in 2015 was the result of anything and everything other than the player who was playing the QB position in 2015.

Absolutely jaw-dropping.

Facts Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years never making the playoffs he has never been a difference maker in his entire gypsy journeyman career.

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Absolutely jaw-dropping.

Like calling Percy Harvin a super bowl MVP?

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Win games or make the playoffs? You seem happy with winning games during the season and failing to make the playoffs. 

Well who gives us our best chance to make the playoffs in 2016 then. Fitz or Geno. Now, tell the truth. If you really think Geno then ok. 

14 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The point is this.  Geno supporters have tried make the case that 2015 offensive results were achieved with vastly better offensive talent and yes against a weaker schedule than the 2014 offensive team.  The basic idea is that dohsh1t QB play in 2014 wasn't really dogsh1t QB play.

Except that it really was.

Your inability to read gets the best of you again since I never once stated that Geno wasn't "sh*tty" in 2014 and you continue to harp on a point that has nothing to do with the big picture.  I'll say it again, the 2014 offense sucked.  Decker's inflated "statz" don't change that.  Most agree with that, including former coaches like Mike Westhoff.

Going back to Geno, I was so over the guy that I was ready to trade the farm for Winston or Mariota if necessary...by mid-season...so no, I'm not a Geno fanboy numb-nuts.  I've said it twice in this very thread.  Unlike you, I don't get some bizarre infatuation with specific guys.  I want what's best for the team in the long run.  We spent a DECADE trying to get this "quick fix" to happen and it's done jacksh*t for us.  Giving Fitzpatrick a stupid contract for an outlier year that he will likely never EVER replicate is repeating the sins of our past.  I'm glad the FO agrees with me and not the village idiots screaming to up the offer.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Decker was playing hurt most of 2014 and he was basically our only weapon in the pass game.  Now he is a #2 w/ one of the best WRs in the game commanding attention opposite him.  if you think decker 2014 and 2015 are similar I really can't help you.

Please sticky this so the Fitz fans can let it sink into their brains.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well who gives us our best chance to make the playoffs in 2016 then. Fitz or Geno. Now, tell the truth. If you really think Geno then ok. 

The real answer is unfortunately probably neither.  I would contend given the schedule Geno would be the best option.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Your inability to read gets the best of you again since I never once stated that Geno wasn't "sh*tty" in 2014 and you continue to harp on a point that has nothing to do with the big picture.  I'll say it again, the 2014 offense sucked.  Decker's inflated "statz" don't change that.  Most agree with that, including former coaches like Mike Westhoff.

Going back to Geno, I was so over the guy that I was ready to trade the farm for Winston or Mariota if necessary...by mid-season...so no, I'm not a Geno fanboy numb-nuts.  I've said it twice in this very thread.  Unlike you, I don't get some bizarre infatuation with specific guys.  I want what's best for the team in the long run.  We spent a DECADE trying to get this "quick fix" to happen and it's done jacksh*t for us.  Giving Fitzpatrick a stupid contract for an outlier year that he will likely never EVER replicate is repeating the sins of our past.  I'm glad the FO agrees with me and not the village idiots screaming to up the offer.

You own reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

The 2014 offense sucked because of the QB not in spite of him.

If the 2015 opponents provided a far easier target than the 2014 opponents then you would expect EVERYONE who played both years to benefit from that easier schedule.

Decker was injured both years and missed one start in both years.  His other statistics were very similar in both years.  So the notion that he was simply a "decoy" in 2014 is a complete crock and unsupported by the results.  Perhaps you are simply hallucinating?  Or perhaps like many others here you an agenda to make the 2014 team look worse than it really was because if you are successful then it makes Geno look relatively better than he really was.

But by all means carry on.

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you talking to yourself here?

Asking for a friend.

Nope, talking to a guy who starts off saying "Lets get the facts straight" yet when you try he sidesteps. 

I may be right, I may be wrong, but sidestepping has never been my problem. Thanks for your concern though. :-) 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Facts Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years never making the playoffs he has never been a difference maker in his entire gypsy journeyman career.

Funny how these fitz supporters will twist all kinds of excuses in order to make Fitz better than what he was, yet cant even be honest about an injury or Harvin just being a name more than an actual WR talent. 

Archived