Fitz is who the NFL thought he was. A band aide. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Paradis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I just think most Jets fans need to come to the reality that this team and its coaching as a whole just isnt very good right now. Not just the quarterback.

This is true.  But I haven't seen 6 INT's since I played Tecmo Bowl as a kid using the Bears D.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Exactly why you can Fck off. The world has enough attention whores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its time for you to put down your beer, kiss your Geno Smith poster on the lips and go to bed.

Just now, Pac said:

This is true.  But I haven't seen 6 INT's since I played Tecmo Bowl as a kid using the Bears D.

lol. I know man. It was brutal and I was wondering why Geno wasnt in the game after #4. But Geno wasn't fixing all the problems from today. They are just a bad team. Coaching and playing.

Just now, RSJ said:

lol. I know man. It was brutal and I was wondering why Geno wasnt in the game after #4. But Geno wasn't fixing all the problems from today. They are just a bad team. Coaching and playing.

The thing is I don't see anyone claiming that Geno will fix anything.  He very well may crash and burn.  It would just be nice to see if he's learned anything the last year and a half on the bench.  If he fails then hopefully it's a big enough failure to land us in a position to get a top QB.  Because despite how many times I see Petty mentioned, I don't think the team has much faith in him.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

What is the alternative plan?

Aside for the six of you posting in every thread and having a very public circle-jerk over our loss today.... what is the alternative plan?

Oh how about Geno? You know, the guy who outplayed Fitz I both camps and had a much higher ceiling (and now much higher floor as well). Yeah, the alternative that Bowles refuses to use even when the Conquering Hero was all but being raped? You Fitznutz keep pointing at alternatives. When you're talking about alternatives, you've already lost the battle. If Bowles doesn't make a switch to anyone, and we continue to lose again a couple more, it's on him. And at that point, I'll be hoping he gets sacked ASAP, something I'm almost always against. Almost. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd rather see Bryce Petty or anyone else to challenge that statement. Because as of right now its nothing but opinion. No other QB has played with this squad of players or this coaching staff. Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing exactly what he did last year, but worse. Atleast he was pretty good in the redzone. Maybe it was because we were going against sh*tty teams the majority of the time. Against the bengals he was 2-5. Against the Bills he was 4-7 which is better, but today he was 0 for whatever the total was with 3 INT's in the endzone. 

Fitz RZ offense is the worst in football right now and he's leading the league for a 2nd year in a row for 4th quarter INT's. Him being our best option is an opinion at best. 

The fact they haven't start any of the other guys I'm assuming means they suck or aren't ready. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

The thing is I don't see anyone claiming that Geno will fix anything.  He very well may crash and burn.  It would just be nice to see if he's learned anything the last year and a half on the bench.  If he fails then hopefully it's a big enough failure to land us in a position to get a top QB.  Because despite how many times I see Petty mentioned, I don't think the team has much faith in him.

Its a fair point. I dont think you make that call quite yet though as I think it is still too early. I think you have to see what happens this weekend. If Fitz comes out and plays bad in the first half, you make the change.

I think its time for you to put down your beer, kiss your Geno Smith poster on the lips and go to bed.

That's so weak dude. Here's a newsflash, some of us just aren't happy with the QB situation, period. I'm more disappointed that we all should have known this was coming and we don't seem to have been prepared for it. Less is better with Fitz. Add in Hack is the best answer this regime could draft after scouting for 8 months and I'm pissed.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

That's so weak dude. Here's a newsflash, some of us just aren't happy with the QB situation, period. I'm more disappointed that we all should have known this was coming and we don't seem to have been prepared for it. Less is better with Fitz. Add in Hack is the best answer this regime could draft after scouting for 8 months and I'm pissed.

Stomps feet... stuffs thumb into mouth and imagines somehow that other people care.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Oh how about Geno? You know, the guy who outplayed Fitz I both camps and had a much higher ceiling (and now much higher floor as well). Yeah, the alternative that Bowles refuses to use even when the Conquering Hero was all but being raped? You Fitznutz keep pointing at alternatives. When you're talking about alternatives, you've already lost the battle. If Bowles doesn't make a switch to anyone, and we continue to lose again a couple more, it's on him. And at that point, I'll be hoping he gets sacked ASAP, something I'm almost always against. Almost. 

Geno is worse.  I thought that was pretty much proven to the satisfaction of the Jets coaching staff at this point.

Sand in vagina much?

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Geno is worse.  I thought that was pretty much proven to the satisfaction of the Jets coaching staff at this point.

Yeah, I doubt that. The "proven" part took place yesterday  

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Sand in vagina much?

Cute attempt at an insult when your hard-on just got man handled by KC. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, I doubt that. The "proven" part took place yesterday  

Cute attempt at an insult when your hard-on just got man handled by KC. 

Correct.  The "proven" part took place over the course of two years starting and was confirmed the day they felt they had to find 12 million extra dollars this year rather than go with the guy they already had for free.

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Correct.  The "proven" part took place over the course of two years starting and was confirmed the day they felt they had to find 12 million extra dollars this year rather than go with the guy they already had for free.

Once again you are wrong. 

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

You all knew what you were getting when we signed a guy who's career record was 7-35 -- sorry 7-36 now -- against teams .500 or better... You guys are shocked he played this bad? Because, why? He beats up on sh*tty teams here and there? C'mon. Did you really think he was going to flip that record around at 43 years old? 

What you do need to get all over is how the coaching we have seeks to test that resolve rather than work with it. or why our defense isn't able to make plays between the LOS and the first down marker. THAT'S CONCERNING.

Hey, at least its not Geno, who threw up 5 or 6 picks a game, right? No wait. He's never been that bad. 

What is your expert QB solution? If say start Geno Smith or Bryce Petty you don't know a thing about football

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Incorrect.

the proven part is in the first 3 games of this season where in the 2'games we lost Fitz was either in effective or downright bad.  Historically bad and being the major reason why were 1-2. 

But that's ok, he's your guy and knowing a guy has been shlt this season and in the most  important game last season, isn't nearly as bad as a young, unproven, unfinished Geno struggling with the game.  

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Incorrect.

the proven part is in the first 3 games of this season where in the 2'games we lost Fitz was either in effective or downright bad.  Historically bad and being the major reason why were 1-2. 

But that's ok, he's your guy and knowing a guy has been shlt this season and in the most  important game last season, isn't nearly as bad as a young, unproven, unfinished Geno struggling with the game.  

Geno has been weighed, Geno has been measured and he has been found wanting .  This is true for his current staff as well as it is for the other 31 teams in this league.  Any one of those other teams could probably have obtained Geno for a 6th round pick and yet none of them did.  His market value has been determined.  That determination is that he has a nonexistent market value.

I know you don't like it but these guys, the ones who all disagree with you, they  are actually paid real folding money for their opinion on matters having to do with talent evaluation and not even one of them agrees with you. You could probably build more support for a flat earth theory at this point.

Please explain again why you know more that our coaching staff and 31 other GMs around the league?

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Geno has been weighed, Geno has been measured and he has been found wanting .  This is true for his current staff as well as it is for the other 31 teams in this league.  Any one of those other teams could probably have obtained Geno for a 6th round pick and yet none of them did.  His market value has been determined.  That determination is that he has a nonexistent market value.

I know you don't like it but these guys, the ones who all disagree with you, they  are actually paid real folding money for their opinion on matters having to do with talent evaluation and not even one of them agrees with you. You could probably build more support for a flat earth theory at this point.

Please explain again why you know more that our coaching staff and 31 other GMs around the league?

He has?  He's the backup and I assume if Fitz keeps this shlt show up any longer he will get the chance that you don't ever want to see.  How do you know who could have tried to trade for anyone?  Other than to just throw it out there that he could have been traded and since he wasn't no June wanted him.  What kind of nonsense is this?  You don't know that they wanted to trade him, tried to trade him or took offers for him.  

Kind of like you don't have a clue who I like or don't like.  Who I agree with or disagree with.  But hey, we'll take your made up position, geno was offered, could have been had and since no one traded for him you're right.  Somehow.

lol, brilliant 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He has?  He's the backup and I assume if Fitz keeps this shlt show up any longer he will get the chance that you don't ever want to see.  How do you know who could have tried to trade for anyone?  Other than to just throw it out there that he could have been traded and since he wasn't no June wanted him.  What kind of nonsense is this?  You don't know that they wanted to trade him, tried to trade him or took offers for him.  

Kind of like you don't have a clue who I like or don't like.  Who I agree with or disagree with.  But hey, we'll take your made up position, geno was offered, could have been had and since no one traded for him you're right.  Somehow.

lol, brilliant 

OK smart guy. Why did the Jets pay $12 million 2016 dollars to bring back Ryan Fitzpatrick when Geno Smith was available to them for free?  Certainly they know better than anyone else what Fitzpatrick's limitations are.  They see them every day in practice.  Chan Gailey has been his offensive coordinator for large chunks of his career.  Even given his very well documented ceiling they were willing to shell out $12 million dollars rather than go with Geno Smith to start this year.

They could have had an NFL scrub to back up Geno Smith at 1-2 million per year.

Why did they choose not to do so?

Once again and in simple terms.... Why should we believe that you know more then our own front office does?  Certainly hey know more football than you do or does your arrogance extend to the point that you know more than NFL professionals do?  They (the coaches) get to see all of the practices both open and closed.  They observe the interaction with both players and their  team mates.  And yes, NFL professionals from all 32 team ranked Geno as the very bottom of the Starting QB list in every year that he started.  Batting 1.000 in that regard or 0.000 if you prefer.  So yes, NFL professional have ranked Geno.

Why do you know more than they do?

Thte short answer is that you don't but I will certainly enjoy your attempting to explain the inexplicable.

18 minutes ago, EM31 said:

OK smart guy. Why did the Jets pay $12 million 2016 dollars to bring back Ryan Fitzpatrick when Geno Smith was available to them for free?  Certainly they know better than anyone else what Fitzpatrick's limitations are.  They see them every day in practice.  Chan Gailey has been his offensive coordinator for large chunks of his career.  Even given his very well documented ceiling they were willing to shell out $12 million dollars rather than go with Geno Smith to start this year.

They could have had an NFL scrub to back up Geno Smith at 1-2 million per year.

Why did they choose not to do so?

Once again and in simple terms.... Why should we believe that you know more then our own front office does?  Certainly hey know more football than you do or does your arrogance extend to the point that you know more than NFL professionals do?  They (the coaches) get to see all of the practices both open and closed.  They observe the interaction with both players and their  team mates.  And yes, NFL professionals from all 32 team ranked Geno as the very bottom of the Starting QB list in every year that he started.  Batting 1.000 in that regard or 0.000 if you prefer.  So yes, NFL professional have ranked Geno.

Why do you know more than they do?

Thte short answer is that you don't but I will certainly enjoy your attempting to explain the inexplicable.

Ok smart guy?  What does having both QBs on the roster have to do with your last post, the one where they could have traded Geno but no one wanted him?  I know better?  Your making shlt up as you go along and spinning in a new direction with every paragraph.  Who said I know more than the FO?  You're the one telling all what they think and why.  You ignore what you don't like and harp on what you want out there.

Youre pissed because your guy has been historically bad in 3 of his last 4 games and just don't like people discussing it.  You revert back to two tried and true droning ideas.  That Geno sucks, can't possibly have improved in two years.  He was the worst ever.  Two years ago.  Ranked th worst QB.  A rookie or 2nd year starter was the worst starter in the league.  Want to take a shot at where they would rank Fitzy today?  An 11 year vet.  Then if anyone complains about 6 INTs, 3 out of 4 lost, etc you whine that they're happy.  Have a sandy vagina.  Good way to turn the focus off Fitz and back at the no nothing fans.  

All this to dance around the fact that Fitz has been horrible in 3 of his last 4 games, leading to 3 losses.  And you don't want to hear it.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Ok smart guy?  What does having both QBs on the roster have to do with your last post, the one where they could have traded Geno but no one wanted him?  I know better?  Your making shlt up as you go along and spinning in a new direction with every paragraph.  Who said I know more than the FO?  You're the one telling all what they think and why.  You ignore what you don't like and harp on what you want out there.

Youre pissed because your guy has been historically bad in 3 of his last 4 games and just don't like people discussing it.  You revert back to two tried and true droning ideas.  That Geno sucks, can't possibly have improved in two years.  He was the worst ever.  Two years ago.  Ranked th worst QB.  A rookie or 2nd year starter was the worst starter in the league.  Want to take a shot at where they would rank Fitzy today?  An 11 year vet.  Then if anyone complains about 6 INTs, 3 out of 4 lost, etc you whine that they're happy.  Have a sandy vagina.  Good way to turn the focus off Fitz and back at the no nothing fans.  

All this to dance around the fact that Fitz has been horrible in 3 of his last 4 games, leading to 3 losses.  And you don't want to hear it.  

Great post.  Some think it is impossible for Geno to improve yet some how we should be fine with a 12 year vet making "Geno" like mistakes (locking into his receivers; throwing into double and triple coverage, etc.) every other week.   Add to the fact they are paying $12 million for this... 

Archived