All I Can Say Is...

SoFlaJets

Are you guys sure you are allowed to talk like this here? According to most posters here, everything is grand in Jetland! They have their HC back for next year, are excited for continuity, and are looking forward to the continuity of many more NE divisional titles and SB championships in the coming years, and maybe even watching the Giants compete for a SB or 2 in the next few years.

I know that I will never see my Jets compete for a Championship in my lifetime. NE has to win them all. Always.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Are you guys sure you are allowed to talk like this here? According to most posters here, everything is grand in Jetland! They have their HC back for next year, are excited for continuity, and are looking forward to the continuity of many more NE divisional titles and SB championships in the coming years, and maybe even watching the Giants compete for a SB or 2 in the next few years.

I know that I will never see my Jets compete for a Championship in my lifetime. NE has to win them all. Always.

Really? That's what you see? Hm, it's interesting how different people view things... All I see is doom and gloom around here, constantly. 

55 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm sure glad I gave up watching football...you guys just let when things start to change and the Jets come back to respectability. In the meantime I know 'I' won't be watching another Super Bowl.

Relax, take a deep breath.

This not life or death.

It holds no intrinsic value

Buy some boxes, watch the game, have a drink or 3, root for the Falcons like crazy because when they beat the NEP it will give you a really nice warm fuzzy feeling. 

Unless you drank to much..... and the Falcons got crushed and none of your boxes produced.

Personally, I watched the least amount of NFL football this season in at least 20 years.

The product is simply mediocre and bordering on boring.  Rules are geared toward a single position, officiating is uneven and inconsistent at best, focus is on individual players rather than teams as a whole, commercial breaks are out of control.

I used to view the game of football as a chess match.  It's turned into checkers.  It's all very predictable, and you constantly have the same handful of players competing for a Superbowl.  Two out of ten playoff games this season were competitive.  The rest were a one-sided snoozefest that could be turned off by the third quarter.

The NFL has a big problem on its hands in my opinion.  The game and its popularity have peaked.  It's only going to get worse as more and more parents keep their kids from playing a clearly dangerous game in terms of head injuries, and the talent pool begins to shrink in the coming decades.

I think the Packers and the way Rodgers was playing on a different level were very interesting.  But as they say they ran into a buzz saw yesterday, and that show is over. I  suppose I have some mild interest in seeing how the Falcons play, whether they can keep it up.  But things being the way they are these days, it's probably best to expect the worst and a Pats win even if I can hope for a Falcons win.

In short I don't expect much from the SB.

the good news is the winter is about half over and it's been rather easy getting to this point.

hmmmmm.....what happens when the nfl viewership starts declining and theystart having salary cap decreases?  maybe not likely but but won't there be some hell to pay?

the thing the nfl has created this mess.  they say they wanted parity but then they also like dynastic teams.  they build the fan following a lot better than have 32 equally successful teams.

I'm sure glad I gave up watching football...you guys just let when things start to change and the Jets come back to respectability. In the meantime I know 'I' won't be watching another Super Bowl.

Every year you say this........on a football fan forum. You come to a football fan forum to say you've quit watching football. Every year. I know hundreds of people who watch football. Maybe a tiny handful care enough to actually be a part of a fan forum. Yet we're gonna believe that you quit watching football, years ago now mind you, but still make regular pit stops on a football fan forum? Come on man, save the drama. You'll be eating buffalo wings and pigs in a blanket planted in front of a tv just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's the commercial fest that keeps me away these days.  I enjoy listen to games on the radio rather than watching the endless stream of tv commercials.  Secondly, the over the top QB friendly rules have ruined the game for me as well.  

When the Jets are pathetic like they were this year and not even in the wild card hunt I lose all interest in the NFL.  

59 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Every year you say this........on a football fan forum. You come to a football fan forum to say you've quit watching football. Every year. I know hundreds of people who watch football. Maybe a tiny handful care enough to actually be a part of a fan forum. Yet we're gonna believe that you quit watching football, years ago now mind you, but still make regular pit stops on a football fan forum? Come on man, save the drama. You'll be eating buffalo wings and pigs in a blanket planted in front of a tv just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That's pretty much all true except the part where you say I'll be watching the game. I promise you that that will NOT be the case. It's true and it does sound ridiculous for someone to go on a fan forum and state this, but the truth is I've been a member of JetNation since it's inception since March 2005 and a lot of the guys and ladies who were here then no longer even post here very much or if at all. I'm talking about the old timers like me. guys with names like, SeniorFlaJets, Bob The Jets fan, Brenda, Verde Girl, CM, Jetsgirl Lady jet, Naomi we had a lot of true blue (green) female Jets fans who gave up posting here and pretty much everywhere. Guys who I know by their real names better than I do their screenames too; where is Thor, BP, Herminator, Jetcane Rich and his son. Then there's the guys who were members of other Jets sites who have seemingly vanished what happened to the TBrady's Lefty Larry, Westside Johnny, Where's Matt did from The Greenhouse go? There are a bunch of longtime old school Jets fans who just don't care anymore at least not to post.

I continue to stay connected to keep tabs just in case some of my old friends show back up here. I also stay here for The Lounge and for the sometimes great music threads that get posted there.

Trust me when I tell you this; a lot of people have lost interest in the game of NFL football, I'm not talking about a message board that mostly discusses the Jets and the game.  I'm talking about the damage being done by the constant rule changes that seem to be written to keep certain teams that they believe best drive the veiwership numbers upward. The game has changed big time and  yea, it saddens me. As far as watching the games? my son watches in his room and my wife sometimes still keeps tabs online in ours, but even she now knows that there won't be anymore elaborate food spreads concocted on game days anymore, there won't be anymore $300 purchases sent the NFL's way so I can have my Sunday afternoons ruined by a team that just has nothing to play for and has no ONE to play for IT because the owner is the antithesis of everything that 90% of the players stand for and believe in. 

One particular play sticks in my mind (and in my craw) from this past season, and for me perfectly exemplifies everything that now IS the New York Jets  was the play when Tom Brady was out front as the lead blocker, the Jets defense who Brady has tormented for the past 15 years could have creamed him and put an end to their dynasty which has been going on far too long but they pulled up and all smiled at each other and said "we could've had you there" and he smiles back and goes on to beat the Jets asses again. You know we Jets fans have lived through watching New England defenders actually TRY to hurt Jets QB's by diving illegally at the knees and had that been even a Rex Ryan-led Jets team he would have been screaming at the defense for someone to hurt that bastard. Not coach Milk Toast, he's the perfect coach for a Woody Johnson team-just like the owner MILKY and TOAST every year-who needs it.

Archived