Broncos go after STH's who resell their tickets

Fibonacci

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just post the article, otherwise it's the equivalent of this:

Denver Broncos season-ticket holders who lost their seats in “weeding” program are outraged

The Denver Broncos booted season-ticket holders who didn’t go to a single game last season and that led to upgraded seats for 144 accounts and about 400 seats through Monday, compared to only 14 accounts and 39 seats the previous season, the club said.

When all upgrades are made, the forced non-renewals also will allow the Broncos to make season tickets available to some fans on the 75,000-person waiting list for the first time in six years and increase its very limited single-game ticket allotment. Last season, 97 percent of the seating capacity at Mile High Stadium came from season-ticket holders, leaving just 3 percent for single games.

The Broncos said their legal “weeding out” — based on technology in the electronic ticket resale market — is putting “more tickets in the hands of Denver Broncos fans,” team spokesman Patrick Smyth said Tuesday.

But it has outraged some long-time season-ticket holders who question how the Broncos can prove what tickets were sold and why they weren’t warned of the policy.

Aurora’s Mike Fletcher, 69, had season tickets since 1977 but was told his 2016 no-show would end his annual agreement with the team. The season-ticket policy states that every account is a revocable license issued annually.

Fletcher appealed to the Broncos, saying a collapsed lung and lung-reduction surgery in 2016 forced him to sell his tickets last season. The team denied his appeal, and according to the Broncos’ ticket office, Fletcher’s tickets from 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 all were sold on the secondary market and used.

“I have tickets showing that I went to games, or I’d let my kids go and buy a handicap seat for myself,” Fletcher said of attending games from 2013-15.

“It’s been difficult for me to hold those tickets at times,” Fletcher said. “At times I couldn’t give those tickets away. A season-ticket holder has to give them their money in February of each year. If they’re checking anyone’s tickets, they ought to let people know that and put it in their policy.”

He added: “I guarantee you they didn’t take some of these sky-box owners’ tickets back if they didn’t go to at least one game. But how do they know that? How do we know that?”

Eric Siegler, who lives in Chicago, said he sold his seats last season to help support his cancer-stricken mother-in-law in Minnesota, who has since died. After being notified of his non-renewal, Siegler wrote an appeal letter to the Broncos, and also had his father, sister, aunt, cousin and three friends write the team.  Each email was obtained by The Denver Post.

“We spent a lot of time up in Minnesota and when football season came around, it was the last thing on my mind,” Eric Siegler said Tuesday. “I’m disappointed they didn’t see my situation in the same light that it was. It’s certainly not a way of supporting a fan who has been there for four decades.”

According to the Broncos’ ticket office, Siegler has a history of selling his tickets. It says Siegler sold five of eight regular-season games in 2015 and six of eight in 2014. Additionally, he elected to buy tickets for two playoffs games in 2015 and the lone one in 2014, but sold every ticket for each of those three games.

“Where’s the warning, saying ‘we have the right to revoke your tickets’ (by not attending at least one game per season?” Siegler said. “Pulled the rug right out from me — and hundreds of others. It’s not the right way to handle it, in my view.”

Smyth said some season-ticket accounts were reinstated by proving the holders sold everything in 2016 because of health issues or with the military.

“Careful consideration was given to each inquiry, including a review of previous account activity and any documentation that may have been provided,” Smyth told The Post.

Smyth added that these decisions were generally made to “reward our loyal season ticket holders, upgrade many of them, make tickets available on the waiting list and increase our very limited single-game ticket allotment.”

8 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I guess you can do this when there are 75,000 people on your season ticket waiting list. 

Oh how I wish the Jets could've used this technology in the 1990s to get rid of all those carpetbagging, squatting poseur Jets fans who sold their tickets for 3x face value and put their kids through college while I suffered on the waitlist taking the bus back to Port Authority after failing to score a seat from their greedy scalpers. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh how I wish the Jets could've used this technology in the 1990s to get rid of all those carpetbagging, squatting poseur Jets fans who sold their tickets for 3x face value and put their kids through college while I suffered on the waitlist taking the bus back to Port Authority after failing to score a seat from their greedy scalpers. 

SAR I

Thank God you have a $17,000 Rolex to keep you warm at night when you reflect on the hardships of your past.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thank God you have a $17,000 Rolex to keep you warm at night when you reflect on the hardships of your past.

Actually, that's exactly the way it works.  I've got the BMW's and the Rolexes as symbols to remind me of my tough upper middle class North Shore Long Island upbringing and I've got the Jets PSL's as vengeance against those old timers who wouldn't leave their seats so I could get off the waitlist.

The way to resolve the problems of one's youth is to throw a lot of money at it.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Actually, that's exactly the way it works.  I've got the BMW's and the Rolexes as symbols to remind me of my tough upper middle class North Shore Long Island upbringing and I've got the Jets PSL's as vengeance against those old timers who wouldn't leave their seats so I could get off the waitlist.

The way to resolve the problems of one's youth is to throw a lot of money at it.

SAR I

That settles it...you are in government!:D

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets organization should do the same thing, years ago when I had season tickets you weren't allowed to re-sell them if you did and the person in the seats violated any stadium rules you lost your seats. 

that's all gone now and won't be returning (at least for the PSL seats). 

The PSL contract allows a PSL owner to sell any of his tickets to whomever he wants and at any price he wants.  Period. Also gone is the rule that you are repsonsible for any misbehavior that the purchaser may commit.  I verified this with the Jets since I often sell my 3 tickets on stub hub and then buy 2 or 4 on stub hub depending on who is coming to the game with me.  And no... before anyone posts it, the sale does NOT have to be thru the team-preferred medium of sales, the NFL Ticket Exchange... it can be through Stub Hub or any other seller site.  The Jets, if they tried to do anything, would have no legal rights to to do so per the PSL agreement and the team policy on resales since the opening of MetLife.

SO you can forget this until the new stadium is built in another 30 years or so.

1 minute ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I LOVE IT . I LOVE IT . I LOVE IT . When do the Jets start this policy ?

they can't.  at least not for PSL seats.  PSL agreement allows PSL owner to unconditionally sell  any of his tickets to whomever he wants and at any price he wants, without penalty.  That was one of the marketing talking points used to promote PSLs.

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's all gone now and won't be returning (at least for the PSL seats). 

The PSL contract allows a PSL owner to sell any of his tickets to whomever he wants and at any price he wants.  Period. Also gone is the rule that you are repsonsible for any misbehavior that the purchaser may commit.  I verified this with the Jets since I often sell my 3 tickets on stub hub and then buy 2 or 4 on stub hub depending on who is coming to the game with me.  And no... before anyone posts it, the sale does NOT have to be thru the team-preferred medium of sales, the NFL Ticket Exchange... it can be through Stub Hub or any other seller site.  The Jets, if they tried to do anything, would have no legal rights to to do so per the PSL agreement and the team policy on resales since the opening of MetLife.

SO you can forget this until the new stadium is built in another 30 years or so.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

they can't.  at least not for PSL seats.  PSL agreement allows PSL owner to unconditionally sell  any of his tickets to whomever he wants and at any price he wants, without penalty.  That was one of the marketing talking points used to promote PSLs.

So essentially PSL's ruined the Jets fans home crowd advantage and experience. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So essentially PSL's ruined the Jets fans home crowd advantage and experience. 

wrong as usual.  I've been a STH since 1983.  THere were always tons of opposing fans at Giants stadium... beginning in 1984 until they tore it down.  It just continued that way at MetLife.  Same thing.  PSLs have nothing to do with it.  A terrible team is why this happens.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wrong as usual.  I've been a STH since 1983.  THere were always tons of opposing fans at Giants stadium... beginning in 1984 until they tore it down.  It just continued that way at MetLife.  Same thing.  PSLs have nothing to do with it.  A terrible team is why this happens.

DEAD WRONG again back in the day pre/PSL's the stadium was filled with diehard Jets fans, we dominated the stadium occasionally there were a large amount of fans from opposing teams fans but only when it was the bigger draw teams Dolphins,Cowboys etc not like it is now we can be playing the Browns and the place is filled with Browns fans. Sorry the truth hurts. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets organization should do the same thing, years ago when I had season tickets you weren't allowed to re-sell them if you did and the person in the seats violated any stadium rules you lost your seats. 

There was no way for the Jets to enforce that rule because there was no internet and therefore no Stubhub.

Seems that now I've just learned I've got 30 years worth of protection against front office ticket repossession. 

It's Investment Gold.  How about that.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

There was no way for the Jets to enforce that rule because there was no internet and therefore no Stubhub.

Seems that now I've just learned I've got 30 years worth of protection against front office ticket repossession. 

It's Investment Gold.  How about that.

SAR I

Congrats, I had my run and now you will too hopefully they play decent enough to bring you some excitement and joy if not you can always sell out on the internet, something long-time diehard season ticket holders could never do. Enjoy the ride. I wish you and other the best. its all about making memories. Its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game, a bad day of football at the stadium is better then not being there at all. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

The PSL contract allows a PSL owner to sell any of his tickets to whomever he wants and at any price he wants.  Period.

ig2_zpskabrsmib.gif

SAR I

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

DEAD WRONG back in the day pre/PSL's the stadium was filled with diehard Jets fans, we dominated the  home crowd occasionally there were a large amount of fans from opposing teams fans

pslgoold_zpscgrkbrhz.jpg

SAR I

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

DEAD WRONG again back in the day pre/PSL's the stadium was filled with diehard Jets fans, we dominated the stadium occasionally there were a large amount of fans from opposing teams fans but only when it was the bigger draw teams Dolphins,Cowboys etc not like it is now we can be playing the Browns and the place is filled with Browns fans. Sorry the truth hurts. 

Been going to the Meadowlands since 1984.  STH section 123 then moved to various other sections.  Tons of opposing fans at every game.  don't know what you were looking at or if you are just exaggerating in a feeble attempt to prove your point.  But there have been tons of opposing fans at nearly every game.  Same in MetLife.  Any perceived difference comes from your vivid and selective imagination. THe worse the team was, the more opposing fans we would see.  As usual, you are flat out wrong.  Why do you even bother posting?   

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Congrats, I had my run and now you will too hopefully they play decent enough to bring you some excitement and joy if not you can always sell out on the internet, something long-time diehard season ticket holders could never do.

Yeah, like I wasn't one of the people at 12:55 on gameday Sunday's running around the Meadowlands parking lot being extorted by scalpers selling the tickets you sold them.

We are many things joewilly.  "Stupid" isn't one of them.  You got your big ticket payday, for decades you made money to attend free Jets games.  If you feel guilty, good.  Don't project your fantasies about what happened onto those of us who were your victims.  Judges extend your hard time for pulling that crap at sentencing.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yeah, like I wasn't one of the people at 12:55 on gameday Sunday's running around the Meadowlands parking lot being extorted by scalpers selling the tickets you sold them.

We are many things joewilly.  "Stupid" isn't one of them.  You got your big ticket payday, for decades you made money to attend free Jets games.  If you feel guilty, good.  Don't project your fantasies about what happened onto those of us who were your victims.  Judges extend your hard time for pulling that crap at sentencing.

SAR I

I never sold a game in my life. You on the other hand are a sell-out fair weather fan always have been always will be. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never sold a game in my life. You on the other hand are a sell-out fair weather fan always have been always will be. 

Yeah, and I'm sleeping with Mila Kunis and I have the deed to the Brooklyn Bridge.

SAR I

Archived