Broncos go after STH's who resell their tickets

Fibonacci

7 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

New Jersey. But I don't mind driving for 8-10 hours for a good rivalry game with a few days of tailgating opportunity. 

If that's the case you could do just about anything in the south.  The SEC and ACC have great rivalries that you could reach in the 10 hour range.  Or you could go north and catch a Big 10 game.  Bucket list game for me is Michigan vs. Ohio St.   Army vs. Navy too.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get the anti-tailgating attitude.  It's part of football.  If you don't want cursing, loud music, fights, t!ts and white trash behavior - go watch Pan-Sexual Polo.  Maybe it's just my blue collar upbringing, and the fact that I wear an Omega instead of a Rolex....

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

I just don't get the anti-tailgating attitude.  It's part of football.  If you don't want cursing, loud music, fights, t!ts and white trash behavior - go watch Pan-Sexual Polo.  Maybe it's just my blue collar upbringing, and the fact that I wear an Omega instead of a Rolex....

Tailgating is not all cursing, loud music, fights and white trash behavior. 

I have tailgated to the fullest and drank with the best of them we have a good time theres never any harm or foul. 

On 5/6/2017 at 11:55 PM, SAR I said:

It is.  Tailgating is going away.  It's happening slowly.  It's evolutionary.  The values of prior generations where cheap tickets and cheap liquor defined a Sunday escape from the apron-wearing wife are long gone, those in their 50s and 60s are the tail end of those people. 

Everything has changed, the next generation doesn't care about these archaic rituals from a bygone era.  And tickets are expensive, family values are important, alcoholism is looked upon as a disease, and making a public spectacle of oneself in an attempt to reenact one's faded youth is frowned upon.  There will come a day, maybe 5 years from now, maybe 10, where you'll look up and suddenly realize that you're all alone out there, carrying on in a juvenile fashion, and those looks you used to get of people thinking you're cool are done and they're now sad looks of pity.  You don't want that.  Get out now while you can.  Bringing hots and hams on folding tables to a stadium that has better food than you could ever make on hot coals makes no sense.  Search your feelings.  You know this to be true.

Either way, Jets mangement knows the trends and knows the conflict between the generations and how it affects the gameday experience.  Limiting alcohol and ending smoking was just the start.  Cleaning up the lots and the bad music and the bad language and the stench of urine is the next conquest.

SAR I

"Eventually all stadium music will be Coldplay.."

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Each season the NFL has 2-4 teams that have an actual shot at winning the Super Bowl.  Probably more like 2.  Meanwhile, the games are ugly and terribly boring because these guys arent even allowed to practice anymore.  It's a sh*t product.  Then you add in the stoppage time and how it takes 4 hours to play 11 minutes of actual action and games are just a full on bore.  In person, it's even worse because there are so many distractions.  That and most fans nowadays are completely preoccupied with their cell phone and everything else going on besides their sh*tty Football team. So that means, 90% of NFL fans that go to games go to do something other than watch their Football team.  1 of the main things to draw people to the stadium, Tailgating.  What is tailgating?  Drinking and eating.  Drinking and eating are not archaic.  Tailgating is the most exciting part of about 26 NFL fanbases.  Jets included.  People invest more into their tailgate then they do the game in many instances.  Maxman just bought an RV...for what? Just to ride to the game?  I dont think so.

Need more?  Go to a NCAA game in the south and tell me tailgating is dying. 

I do not hate tailgating or most tailgaters.

But there are some that break the rules, take up multiple parking spots, urinate on vehicles, blast loud music, curse in front of children, smoke weed, get into fights, leave their trash exposed on the pavement, and come into the stadium so piss drunk they can't sit still, get up/down all game to drink/piss, bring the cursing and the bad attitude, and start trouble in their sections. 

Those are the people I refer to and that is the type of behavior that is very 1987 not very 2017, today's 30 year old's don't think it's cool to use an NFL football game as an excuse to act like an animal.

SAR I

7 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Never in a million years !!!!!!!

Do you seriously think that today's youth, who can't be bothered to clean their rooms and are completely distracted by Snapchat, are going to spend the money and time to  prepare raw foodstuffs, pack the car, get up at 6AM, and head to a cold parking lot to do work?  LOL.  Not to mention, they are so narcissistic they can't tolerate any behavior that might damage their sheltered little lives, a raucous tailgate opposes their safe space mentality. 

If you study the parking lots the way I do you'd realize the end of the 1980 Molly Hatchet Rush Black Sabbath era is well underway.  Fans in their 20's back then are in their mid-50's now, by the time they turn 60 even they will have had it with the effort and the pretending that they are still in their Glory Days.  Combine that with today's lazy millennials and whatever the next generation is called, as the stadium demographic and culture changes each year they'll look back on the bizarre ritual of getting sh*tfaced before a game at some weaksauce car trunk barbecue as a relic not unlike drive-in movies, pocket watches, and horse carriages.

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Do you seriously think that today's youth, who can't be bothered to clean their rooms and are completely distracted by Snapchat, are going to spend the money and time to  prepare raw foodstuffs, pack the car, get up at 6AM, and head to a cold parking lot to do work?  LOL.  Not to mention, they are so narcissistic they can't tolerate any behavior that might damage their sheltered little lives, a raucous tailgate opposes their safe space mentality. 

If you study the parking lots the way I do you'd realize the end of the 1980 Molly Hatchet Rush Black Sabbath era is well underway.  Fans in their 20's back then are in their mid-50's now, by the time they turn 60 even they will have had it with the effort and the pretending that they are still in their Glory Days.  Combine that with today's lazy millennials and whatever the next generation is called, as the stadium demographic and culture changes each year they'll look back on the bizarre ritual of getting sh*tfaced before a game at some weaksauce car trunk barbecue as a relic not unlike drive-in movies, pocket watches, and horse carriages.

SAR I

This is so true. These young kids don't have what it takes to plan a tailgate endeavor. The ones that do have probably come from more respectable parents who enjoy tailgating as a family affair with a football game afterward. It's expensive to go to NFL football games. The last few times I've gone both in New England & at MetLife, the drunken fan experience has ruined it for me so the only game I'll do everything possible to attend will be when the Jets are in the Super Bowl again. 

I can't wait for the day when stadiums actually police these human animals that believe it's ok to curse, scream, say demeaning things to women with children present and start fights, they think they own the place. I'm sure most fans are uncomfortable with these idiots around them, you wouldn't want to walk through a prison yard but it's not much different at some NFL stadiums.

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is so true. These young kids don't have what it takes to plan a tailgate endeavor. The ones that do have probably come from more respectable parents who enjoy tailgating as a family affair with a football game afterward. It's expensive to go to NFL football games. The last few times I've gone both in New England & at MetLife, the drunken fan experience has ruined it for me so the only game I'll do everything possible to attend will be when the Jets are in the Super Bowl again. 

I can't wait for the day when stadiums actually police these human animals that believe it's ok to curse, scream, say demeaning things to women with children present and start fights, they think they own the place. I'm sure most fans are uncomfortable with these idiots around them, you wouldn't want to walk through a prison yard but it's not much different at some NFL stadiums.

Great post.

For the 10% of the tailgaters who abide by the rules and show respect for themselves and the others around them, kudos, enjoy yourselves.  No problem at all.

It's the 90% who act like you describe above that are the problem.  While they are dwindling in numbers, there are still thousands of them out there who treat a parking lot that supports a fun day of family entertainment like a frathouse.  It's unacceptable.  The PSL process got rid of half of these miscreants, but something needs to be done about those who remain.

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

although it's a humongous generalization, for the most part you are correct about the millennials way of dealing with life.  Zero attention span, no time for necessary chores and no care about them, demanding instant gratification with nearly everything they do. Of course there are exceptions, but generally, this is spot on

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

For the 10% of the tailgaters who abide by the rules and show respect for themselves and the others around them, kudos, enjoy yourselves.  No problem at all.

It's the 90% who act like you describe above that are the problem.  While they are dwindling in numbers, there are still thousands of them out there who treat a parking lot that supports a fun day of family entertainment like a frathouse.  It's unacceptable.  The PSL process got rid of half of these miscreants, but something needs to be done about those who remain.

SAR I

I don't agree with your 90/10 split at all. I would say its a lot closer to 10/90, the other way around.  But when that drunk obnoxious MINIORITY of tailgaters ruin it for everyone else, it can certainly seem like 90%/10%.  All it takes is one a$$hole to ruin the event for hundreds of others.

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

although it's a humongous generalization, for the most part you are correct about the millennials way of dealing with life.  Zero attention span, no time for necessary chores and no care about them, demanding instant gratification with nearly everything they do. Of course there are exceptions, but generally, this is spot on

Oh my! What could possibly cause such traits in a generation?

Is it possible the victims are being blamed?

Just now, Kleckineau said:

nope.  It's pervasive and my own kids agree with me on it. 

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Tailgating is not all cursing, loud music, fights and white trash behavior. 

I have tailgated to the fullest and drank with the best of them we have a good time theres never any harm or foul. 

No Molly Hatchet cranking out the Kicker?  Blasphemy!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Goes without saying that humongous generalizations are de-rigueur on discussion forums, I don't think it's necessary to say "in my opinion" or "a select subset of" with every post.

I've got a millennial in college and I'm doing everything I can to change him into a normal person.  It's not easy.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I don't agree with your 90/10 split at all. I would say its a lot closer to 10/90, the other way around.  But when that drunk obnoxious MINIORITY of tailgaters ruin it for everyone else, it can certainly seem like 90%/10%.  All it takes is one a$$hole to ruin the event for hundreds of others.

Yes, no one knows the percentages for sure, perhaps it has to do with where one parks.  I preferred Lot D for several years and for reasons unknown that place was tailgate-city, definitely more than 70% of the cars would get there early and spread out taking multiple parking spots. Finding an open spot was a nightmare, beach chairs spread out everywhere and if you tried to move one fellow Jets fans would glare at you.  Walking my (then) 11 and 9 year olds towards the stadium we'd hear the most foul language you can imagine, music so loud it would make your ears bleed.  Going up and over the pedestrian walkway you had to hold your nose as these disgusting excuses for Jets fans would piss in the stairwells because they couldn't be bothered to walk 200 feet to a portapotty with a small queue.

That was Lot D circa 2010.  Not sure where you parked, perhaps its different elsewhere.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

This thread isn't a safe space.  Your feelings may get hurt.  By typed words.

SAR I

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm very disappointed w/ SAR I.  We're 4 pages in and nary a mention of Mark Sanchez?!

When Mark Sanchez was our quarterback I could live with walking through Vietnam to get into the stadium each Sunday.  He was so handsome with that small nose and thin lips.

SAR I

17 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

tumblr_static_280648_325122240917725_865932851_o.jpg

15 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

If you can get banned for talking politics, you should be banned for posting this.

Actually, it's the opposite. We have this picture hanging up in the mod lounge. And a more explicit version in the men's room. 

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I do not hate tailgating or most tailgaters.

But there are some that break the rules, take up multiple parking spots, urinate on vehicles, blast loud music, curse in front of children, smoke weed, get into fights, leave their trash exposed on the pavement, and come into the stadium so piss drunk they can't sit still, get up/down all game to drink/piss, bring the cursing and the bad attitude, and start trouble in their sections. 

Those are the people I refer to and that is the type of behavior that is very 1987 not very 2017, today's 30 year old's don't think it's cool to use an NFL football game as an excuse to act like an animal.

SAR I

Green Parking Pass.

Problem solved.

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I think if you display those placards near the beemer in the parking lot before the games, your tailgate worries will go away.

I was making fun of pussy millennials.

SAR I

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Did by any chance you get the snot beat out of you in the parking lot by a tailgater or a group of tailgaters?  

There's more to this story for all this hate of tailgating and tailgaters. 

I have attended, I don't know, 200 Jets games in my life and each and every one has featured one incident or another entering or exiting a game.  Blocked out of parking spots by hoarders, rude cursing in front of my wife and kids, illegal flying footballs denting my car, drunks urinating wherever they like, distorted blasting 80s music splitting my ears, bottles and cans under my wheels, seagulls feasting on trash sh*tting on my windshield, belligerent alcoholics spilling into their seats continuing the nonsense into the first quarter, pedestrian bridge unusable due to the smell of piss, it's beyond disgusting.  200 such incidents since 1988.  Every game, each time, without fail.

What hurts the most is that these are my people, these are a subset of the most diehard Jets fans there are.  Yet they hurt their fellow Jets fans because they can't control themselves.  Selfish bastards.  Their need to save money by bringing their own booze and their need to wash their sorrows away in the drunken stench of alcohol ruins the experience for everyone else.  And it's time it stopped.  We need a tailgate-only lot.  We need segregation.  Put the drunks by Pegasus, let them kill each other and mistreat each other as much as they want.  My wife and children and I deserve a better experience.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I have attended, I don't know, 200 Jets games in my life and each and every one has featured one incident or another entering or exiting a game.  Blocked out of parking spots by hoarders, rude cursing in front of my wife and kids, illegal flying footballs denting my car, drunks urinating wherever they like, distorted blasting 80s music splitting my ears, bottles and cans under my wheels, seagulls feasting on trash sh*tting on my windshield, belligerent alcoholics spilling into their seats continuing the nonsense into the first quarter, pedestrian bridge unusable due to the smell of piss, it's beyond disgusting.  200 of such incidents since 1988.  Every game, each time, without fail.

What hurts the most is that these are my people, these are a subset of the most diehard Jets fans there are.  Yet they hurt their fellow Jets fans because they can't control themselves.  Selfish bastards.  Their need to save money by bringing their own booze and their need to wash their sorrows away in the drunken stench of alcohol ruins the experience for everyone else.  And it's time it stopped.  We need a tailgate-only lot.  We need segregation.  Put the drunks by Pegasus, let them kill each other and mistreat each other as much as they want.  My wife and children and I deserve a better experience.

SAR I

I too have attended many Jets games and I too have witnessed the same damn thing, except for the piss in the pedestrian bridge I always got there early and parked close to the stadium or was able to afford premium parking. I once saw 2 guys carrying in a drunken fan and security laughed and watched. Some people get way out of hand I agree but many enjoy a nice tailgate with friends and family time. The errant footballs have also been an issue and so has the broken glass but a lot of these issues are on the stadium security and parking lot attendants, the garbage should be picked up at halftime. 

Didn't the PSL's fix all this like you said it would? 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I too have attended many Jets games and I too have witnessed the same damn thing, except for the piss in the pedestrian bridge I always got there early and parked close to the stadium or was able to afford premium parking. I once saw 2 guys carrying in a drunken fan and security laughed and watched. Some people get way out of hand I agree but many enjoy a nice tailgate with friends and family time. The errant footballs have also been an issue and so has the broken glass but a lot of these issues are on the stadium security and parking lot attendants, the garbage should be picked up at halftime. 

Didn't the PSL's fix all this like you said it would? 

The PSL's fixed 99% of the drama inside the stadium.  The 4-zone system means that fans can't move from the Bud Light corner to the Verizon corner, and the security is good as far as preventing cheapskates from escaping the upper deck and mingling with the wealthy. 

But outside the stadium, PSL's may have ejected the blue collar Queens fans and brought in new blood and even though 50% of the old tailgaters from Giants Stadium are gone, those who remain still cause the same issues they always have.  So instead of 40 people in a given location being rude and leaving their trash you now have 20 but it's still too many and they are unpatrolled.  The parking lot security is a disaster in this regard.  The fans aren't afraid of consequences so they act like they are entitled to piss on cars and leave their trash in the middle of the road and there is no one there to stop them.

So PSL's worked wonders inside the stadium.  Never better.  But the parking lots are still just as bad.

SAR I

Archived