[OT] Joe McKnight shooter trial to begin August 7

Dcat

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/ronald_gasser_trial_date_joe_m.html

Ronald Gasser heads to trial Aug. 7 in Joe McKnight killing

Ronald Gasser, 55, is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of former NFL player Joe McKnight.
Ronald Gasser, 55, is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of former NFL player Joe McKnight. (Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office)

51shares

BY MICHELLE HUNTER 

mhunter@nola.com,

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Ronald Gasser, the man accused of fatally shooting former NFL player Joe McKnight in a Terrytown road rage confrontation, will head to trial Aug. 7 on a charge of second-degree murder. 

Judge Ellen Kovach of the 24th Judicial District Court set the date during a status hearing Monday morning (June 12).

Prior road rage case OK for trial in death of Joe McKnight

Prosecutors say Gasser, 55, was the aggressor in a "cat-and-mouse" chase that began when McKnight, 28, cut him off while both were driving across the Crescent City Connection on Dec. 1.

The chase ended at the intersection of Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard in Terrytown when Gasser shot McKnight as the former New York Jets running back stood outside of Gasser's passenger window, authorities have said. Gasser stayed at the scene until authorities arrived.

Gasser's attorneys say McKnight was the clear aggressor, and accused him of being under the influence of anabolic steroids, marijuana and pain pills when the shooting occurred.  Gasser, defense attorneys said, acted in self-defense to protect himself from McKnight's "violent and erratic behavior."

Before the trial, Gasser will return to court July 14 for a motions hearing. 

13 hours ago, jgb said:

I used to get road rage. Then I realised I would rather get home a few minutes earlier and hang out with my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I was the same way until I moved to England and saw how chilled out and courteous the other drivers were (outside of london, of course) and realized I was getting all worked up over nothing.  

17 hours ago, jgb said:

I used to get road rage. Then I realised I would rather get home a few minutes earlier and hang out with my kids.

I never got the road rage. Spend most my time in Drive thus. 

Is it ok if I say this prick should spend the rest of his miserable hate spewing life in prison? I hope so. 

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Is it ok if I say this prick should spend the rest of his miserable hate spewing life in prison? I hope so. 

autonomous driving can't come fast enough. 

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I think he is innocent, Joe just wrote a check he could not cash.

The sad part is you're ******* serious too. Disappointed in you. No disgusted tbh. He TOOK ANOTHER HUMAN'S LIFE OVER A TRAFFIC ISSUE. Joe died for a petty reason and you think this scumbag is innocent???? Joe will never be happy, sad, angry, eat, drink, love or feel again because of a loser with deep mental issues. Bro, you need to take a step back and evaluate your damn self. What if Joe McKnight was your dad, your son, your uncle, your brother. Would the check he couldn't cash matter then?

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I hope the evidence is clear and justice, based on the facts of the case, is done.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I hope the evidence is clear and justice, based on the facts of the case, is done.

Second time he did it. He chased someone down in his car and then shot then in the chest when the guy came to his passenger window. If he doesn't go to jail he will probably do it again. Pretty much seems to be his thing. Me I like spending time with my family, hanging out with you guys, fishing and anything else that gives me a chance to eat. I hope this dude never gets a chance to do this again. We can call that justice. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:46 PM, jgb said:

I know what you mean, only times I ever actually got angry over a-holes on the roads was when I was insanely stressed out.

It is annoying when people break the rules on the road, but what is the point of letting it ruin your day?

I know what you mean, only times I ever actually got angry over a-holes on the roads was when I was insanely stressed out.
It is annoying when people break the rules on the road, but what is the point of letting it ruin your day?

The only time I get upset now is if someone is driving recklessly and could hurt someone. Then just call the cops and be done with it.

I actually just got in a car accident a few days ago. My uber driver hit a Lambo. Luckily we were going less than 10mph. That was an interesting experience.

Archived