Hey, here's a thought: Lets focus on the upcoming opponent - Baltimore

Roger Goodell will have his chat with Mumbles, Kraft and Pioli on Friday so until then, let us turn our attention towards the Baltimore Ravens.

The Ravens have a surplus of injured key players on their team currently (McNair, R.Lewis & Ogden). If these three miss the game the Jets' chance for victory no matter if its Clemens or Pennington under center will take a huge increase. Heck, even if Ray Lewis plays hurt, as he did for 3 quarters last night, he is not the same player. Ogden looks to be out a while so there is no excuse for our pass rush not to step it up. As for McNair, well, who really cares. He is basically the same as Kyle I should've been a Boller now.

Here's a thought: Lets stop pretending that anything we do on this message board affects the game in any way shape or form.

LOL.

Guys I am tired. I am going to bed. I will finish up the defensive game plan in the morning. I have to run to Pep Boys but I will get it done and fax it over right after that.

I promise.

Here's a thought: Lets stop pretending that anything we do on this message board affects the game in any way shape or form.

How would you come up with my thread of wanting to talk about the game mean that I think we could affect the game? Do tell.

I want to talk Football, not scandal. Well, at least until the investigation is complete and the punishment(s) are handed out.

Excuse me for wanting to move on.

Roger Goodell will have his chat with Mumbles, Kraft and Pioli on Friday so until then, let us turn our attention towards the Baltimore Ravens.

The Ravens have a surplus of injured key players on their team currently (McNair, R.Lewis & Ogden). If these three miss the game the Jets' chance for victory no matter if its Clemens or Pennington under center will take a huge increase. Heck, even if Ray Lewis plays hurt, as he did for 3 quarters last night, he is not the same player. Ogden looks to be out a while so there is no excuse for our pass rush not to step it up. As for McNair, well, who really cares. He is basically the same as Kyle I should've been a Boller now.

Don't even bother with a legit football thread. The board is in a feeding frenzy over BB & the Pats. The accusations are flying fast and furious.

I just read that the reason the Pats beat the Colts was because the Pats were stealing/listening to the Colts offensive plays. I guess some people have forgotten that the Colts have beaten the Pats 3 times in a row.

Don't even bother with a legit football thread. The board is in a feeding frenzy over BB & the Pats. The accusations are flying fast and furious.

I just read that the reason the Pats beat the Colts was because the Pats were stealing/listening to the Colts offensive plays. I guess some people have forgotten that the Colts have beaten the Pats 3 times in a row.

And that the camera man on the sidelines Sunday was stealing the DEFENSE SIGNALS not the Offensive.

People, give it up. It is what it is. We can speculate all we want and there will always be thoughts in your minds, as well as mine, as to if the Patriots were doing this during their Super Bowl years. However, there is only legitimate proof of them doing this once and that was this Sunday.

Lets wait for Goodell's conference call with the 3 tools up in New England and until then can we talk Jets football? We do have a game Sunday, no matter what occurs on Friday.

Thats becuase supposedly the Colts got good at stopping them from cheating

I'm still afraid of Lewis if he's playing. He had 7 tackles and 4 assisted tackles last night. He tore his tricep the first play of the game. I pray he and Ogden don't play. I'd rather play McNair than Boller.

As would I.

Its scary to go around to a few Ravens boards and see that some of their fans even would like to see Boller over McNair.:character42:

McNair has fallen hard since his Co-MVP 2003 season.

As would I.

Its scary to go around to a few Ravens boards and see that some of their fans even would like to see Boller over McNair.:character42:

McNair has fallen hard since his Co-MVP 2003 season.

The thing was signing McNair was never as good a move that the media made it to be and honestly will probably hurt the Ravens. McNair has maybe one season left in him afterwards the Ravens will need a new QB. Now at the end of the 2005 season Boller really started breaking out and seemed like he could actually become a solid starter. The Ravens decided to sign McNair which stopped Bollers progress and probably killed his confidence. It was a bad decision for a stop-gap QB.

I hope its a good game, both teams will be looking to make up ground for last week. Wish the Jets were playing a west coast team this season.....not a single one. :confused:

Next year they play all 3 California teams in California and in Seattle. Next years roadtrips will be expensive as hell once again. Looks like I'm sticking to New England once again in '08. Maybe Buffalo, we'll see.

I'm still afraid of Lewis if he's playing. He had 7 tackles and 4 assisted tackles last night. He tore his tricep the first play of the game. I pray he and Ogden don't play. I'd rather play McNair than Boller.

Haha yeah seriously what a freak. He'd have another tackle but it got called a horse collar cuz he could only use one arm! Haha what IS that!! The guy tackles people with one arm?? I'd rather he just not be on the field. Honestly, a one-armed Lewis that's a half step slower is still definitely a top 5 LB in the league. Give him both arms and he's still definitely top 3, arguably still top when he's on.

LOL.

Guys I am tired. I am going to bed. I will finish up the defensive game plan in the morning. I have to run to Pep Boys but I will get it done and fax it over right after that.

I promise.

:rl::rl::rl:

No need to fear Jets fans as I will be in Baltimore on Sunday with my camera, cell phone, scanner, frequency hacking kit and a direct link to Schotty in the booth!

I will be in Baltimore but thats about it.

I've been to M&T Bank Stadium and that place is freaking loud. If Kellen gets the start it will be interesting to see how he does in that type of atmosphere.

Not to mention the O-line performance.

Next year they play all 3 California teams in California and in Seattle. Next years roadtrips will be expensive as hell once again. Looks like I'm sticking to New England once again in '08. Maybe Buffalo, we'll see.

Really? Thats awesome (for me)! I'll definitely try to go to all of them (except the raiders, don't feel like indangering my life and getting crap thrown/pour on me for three hours). Can't wait!

I am actually hoping that we play San Diego and either S.F. or Seattle back to back so Ionly need to fly out there once

I am actually hoping that we play San Diego and either S.F. or Seattle back to back so Ionly need to fly out there once

You're crazy Chris, lol. Wish I had the money to do the same. I wish I was going down to Miami with everyone this year but it doesn't look like that will happen and my lone road trip in '07 will be New England.

You're crazy Chris, lol. Wish I had the money to do the same. I wish I was going down to Miami with everyone this year but it doesn't look like that will happen and my lone road trip in '07 will be New England.

This is the cheapest road trip (MIAMI ) in a long time if you haven`t booked it yet .Take down this info and run to your computer . Spirit airlines has this club you sign up for like $30 they send you daily discount trips ,the discounts are good for like 24 hours ,they had planes flying from A.C. TO Fort Lauderdale where we all stay and fly in and out of ( good for the dates of the Jet Miami game flying out on the weekend for $59 each way and if you could fly out on a wed and come back tues. they had flights for $7 each way thats right $7 the bahia Cabana is only $99 a night split the room and its $50 each a night ,put a 3rd peron on the floor it`s $33 a night -3 nights + air is only $200 get a 50 yardline seat for $150 your under $400 for the trip $133 a day for everything but drinks.....lol

Baltimore will be loud and needing a win as bad as we do not to fall to 0 and 2. I expect a conservative game plan.

faba, you are our leader. The fact that you will be there brings great comfort to me. I think we will win!

Seriously, I expect an unpredictable game plan. conservative, yes. predictable, no.

we will not be taking 3 cracks in the line. I expect a ton of misdirections and play passes on 1st and 2nd downs to start off the game (along with the no huddle), so Clemens is not put in predictable 3rd down passing situations like Herm did with Bollinger 2 years ago.

Pussy, get your air and you can split my room if you want. $50 a night.

faba, you are our leader. The fact that you will be there brings great comfort to me. I think we will win!

Seriously, I expect an unpredictable game plan. conservative, yes. predictable, no.

we will not be taking 3 cracks in the line. I expect a ton of misdirections and play passes on 1st and 2nd downs to start off the game (along with the no huddle), so Clemens is not put in predictable 3rd down passing situations like Herm did with Bollinger 2 years ago.

Thanks BP . I hope they are not as conservative as the last time in Baltimore- you have to take chances down the field especially with a guy that can throw the ball down the field.

Hey are you soliticising 124!

Jets v. Baltimore -- Good News/ Bad News

Defensive Good News

McNair and Ogden appear to be hurt. Even if they play both will be limited an not at full effectiveness.

Defensive Bad News

Willis MacGhee now plays for the Ravens. The Jets run D has been terrible and this guy torches us bi-annually. (Actually maybe this should be a good news item. At least its just once this season).

Offensive Good News

Ray Lewis appears to be hurt.

Offensive Bad News

Ray Lewis at 75% or so is still pretty damn effective. And, its not like he's the only great defensive player on that team. Also, the Jets will either be starting an inexperience QB or an experienced QB who isnt fully mobile behind an Offensive line that is to say the least suspect. At least Clemens is mobile.

I predict a Jets victory in a close game where special teams will make the difference. The best good news is that we can count on Brian Billicks ego to give us some advantage. If he could content himself with running Willis down our throats the game probably wouldnt be much of a contest, but, like Thursday, he'll throw the ball more than he should and Boller or McNair will make enough mistakes to give the Jets the W.

Bump. Lets talk about the game here fellas.

It seems to me like as of today, Wednesday, Chad will be Questionable for Sunday. He is intended on practicing the next three days so I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Jonathan Ogden and B.J. Sams will both be OUT with Sams out for the remainder of the season:

Ravens | Ogden out indefinitely

Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:17:48 -0700

Updating a previous item, Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens OT Jonathan Ogden (toe) is out indefinitely with a toe injury.

Ravens | Sams tears ACL, out for season

Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:16:34 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB B.J. Sams (knee) is out for the season after tearing his ACL Week 1.

Yo max, what's up with that defensive game plan? BP, what are you gonna do about out special teams it's up to you to make sure something like that 108 yard return doesn't happen again. I guess I should have thought twice before making DWC the offensive line coach.

Yo max, what's up with that defensive game plan? BP, what are you gonna do about out special teams it's up to you to make sure something like that 108 yard return doesn't happen again. I guess I should have thought twice before making DWC the offensive line coach.

Remind me again why you post here if you don't like to talk about the upcoming games? Is it just offseason fun to you?

Sorry for caring about Sunday's game. Lets go talk about something we won't know anything about until Friday at the earliest.

Meanwhile...

A couple good things for gang green this weekend.

-The 07 Ravens are not as good as the 06 Ravens

-We should be able to put ample pressure on the QB

-We have had success in the past running on Balt, it was the LJ pass that sent us down the crapper that game. We will be able to run on them again, call it a gut feeling.

-KC is going to come into his own, not only will he pick on Chris McAllister. KC will make McAllister his little b!tch. Cotch and JMac will have big games.

-The Jets are pissed, they are going to take it out on the purple jersey fairies.

-herm edwards is not coaching the jets for the second consecutive season

-Rhodes is due for a huge game.

Remind me again why you post here if you don't like to talk about the upcoming games? Is it just offseason fun to you?

Sorry for caring about Sunday's game. Lets go talk about something we won't know anything about until Friday at the earliest.

remind me why you post on a message board if you can't take a little joking around and throw a little tantrum if someone makes a joke at your expense. "Mommy the mean people on the internetz aren't playing nice, make them stop"

Much different when you carry on with it.

Anyway, back to FOOTBALL.

I am hopeful that Ray Lewis will not play but you have to think if he played 3 quarters with that torn / strained triceps on Monday Night that he will play on Sunday no matter what. Ray Ray is a tough guy and he brings the pain no matter.

With Chad at maybe 90% IMO the Jets have a good chance to win.

With Clemens starting, barring a defensive miacle on our side, we have no chance in hell sorry.

Yeah sure there are a lot of young QB's who have played well in their first start. But Clemens is going to see things from thet D on Sunday that he has never seen before, the Ravens D will destroy him. They would be careful about blitzing Chad but they will have no fear in going after Clemens and with that O-line I think he'll be in for a long night.

Archived