Thoughts on Ben?

StillerPaul

Ben Roethlisberger is off to a good start in his second season. I'll admit that i, for one, predicted him to struggle especially early on this year. Well i believe that after 2 games he is the top rated passer in the NFL. I would like to get other fans opinions on him, if i can please?

I liked Big Ben Last year and he continutes to be

a Winner..You just may have got the pick of the litter from the QB's with that pick!! :wink:

Ben Roethlisberger is off to a good start in his second season. I'll admit that i, for one, predicted him to struggle especially early on this year. Well i believe that after 2 games he is the top rated passer in the NFL. I would like to get other fans opinions on him, if i can please?

ask again after next weeks game, i reserve judgement until then.

Stiller, my friend, I watch every Jets game in a STEELERS bar in Northern VA (we have alot of ex-burgh'ers here in NoVA). And let me tell you, THEY love the Big Ben. I love the Burgh (got alot of my GF's family there, love visiting there). If I ever left the Jets fandom (not bloody likley), I'd be a Steeler fan, and I root for them as long as it doesn;t hurt the Jets.

And I am jealous as hell!!! I think YOU all got the real deal at QB, a super-star in the makings. He could prove me wrong, but I don't think he will. I think he's a lock to win a title for you before he hangs it up, given the usual solid Steeler management.

Great pickup, by far the best of that class (not so hard so far, lol).

So far it looks like the sophomore slump is not going to affect Big Ben. My opinion as an outside fan looking in is you have a great thing going there with him. Now that you have some speed at the RB position also things can only get better.

it's much easier to throw the ball when you have one of if not the best running games in football.

No sophomore slump for Ben.

But, he has yet to be asked to win a game for the team. He's doing what he should. Playing mistake free and not losing games i.e. Brady his first year.

Your defense is still you MVP.

They're introducing Big Ben into the league the best way, unlike say, Manning. :)

But I love Big Ben, and I'll be rooting for him.

I think that hack Plaxico Burress was holding him back.

Ever visit cincybengals.com? Buncha good guys there...

Haven't visited there but the way things are going it looks like i'll need that address, thanks.

It's nice to get input from other teams fans. I will say this though. The stats show a strong running team, but in each of the first 2 games they have passed early and often to get early leads then by the 3rd quarter they have pounded away with the running game to eat clock. Thats the way Cowher does things and it drives alot of us fans nuts sometimes.

Agree that the Pats game next week will tell us alot about how far Ben is coming along, but so far, he has made some very good throws and improvised beautifully when needed.

Big Ben is good but he's still getting way too much love if you ask me.

He's not really asked to go out there and win games for his team still. IMO if you plugged a lot of QB's into that equation in Pitt. they would be just as succesful. If Baltimore had the sense to go out and get a halfway decent QB I think you would see similiar results there.

When you have an awesome Defense a solid O-Line and some quality runningbacks all the pieces are in place to have success as a QB.

Again I'm not saying Ben isn't very good but I think his situation and his athletic ability make his arm look a lot better than it really is. I see him being succesful this year but struggling at times like he did towards the end of the season in 04.

Big Ben is looking great.

My only question is how he reacts when he has to pass in the second half. Gotta give him props, because he is helping him get those leads with his arm.

What can you say about the guy.

He doesn't lose football games. Plain and simple.

It will be intersting to see how he does in the big spot when he HAS to carry the team.

That would be probably my worry and if that is all I had to worry about about my QB then I would be very very happy.

Archived