Vlad Starting tonight at Right Guard

TNJet

I'm worried everytime this dude is infront of our starting QB. He better have gotten better since last season, that mofo looked like Adrien Clarke from 07 last year. Please don't get Mark killed Vlad. Move your damn feet when pass blocking. :face:

Hopefully we won't see Vlad starting anytime soon. He's not ready for the NFL. It's as simple as that. He's quickly becoming our Vernon Gholston on the offensive line.

I'm not trying to overreact here, it's only a preseason game, but he's looked lost. He's looked confused. He's been abused. He's allowed 3 sacks, but he's looked completely horrendous while doing so. Vlad has been humiliated tonight.

Hopefully we won't see Vlad starting anytime soon. He's not ready for the NFL. It's as simple as that. He's quickly becoming our Vernon Gholston on the offensive line.

I'm not trying to overreact here, it's only a preseason game, but he's looked lost. He's looked confused. He's been abused. He's allowed 3 sacks, but he's looked completely horrendous while doing so. Vlad has been humiliated tonight.

he does remind me alot of Gholston in the way he moves.

He's just stiff, and can't move his feet. Seems to have no football instincts.

It's a little different than Gholston, because it was expected for him to have an adjustment period. But it doesn't look good right now.

And he is definetly better at guard, there is no way he can play out in space at tackle right now.

He's just stiff, and can't move his feet. Seems to have no football instincts.

And he is definetly better at guard, there is no way he can play out in space at tackle right now.

I'm not even sure he can play guard, not looking like this he can't. But you're correct, he can't play in open space against OLB's/DE's rushing from the outside because like you've stated... He seems stiff, like a walking dummy. He's NOT moving his feet, it's sad to watch.

Well looks like I was spot on when I made this thread a few hrs before kickoff. Vlad sucks at all spots. Definately only a G, and a bad one at that. Rookie JJ Watt kicked his a$$ when he was at G, and when at T..oh geez, looks like Adrien Clarke...Its obvious he got drafted on his physical appearance alone, I even remember watching his highlights from college and thinking, what the hells so good about this turd? He looked average on film at UMass. He sucks, and any sane coach should never put him at Tackle again with his slow heavy feet.

Your not overreacting at all hes terrible right now and I dont think he has what it takes atheleticly to play RT at all. At LG he stunk as well getting torched regularly. Honestly I dont think we should dick around with this guy he got beat like a drum by second stringers.

Well looks like I was spot on when I made this thread a few hrs before kickoff. Vlad sucks at all spots. Definately only a G, and a bad one at that. Rookie JJ Watt kicked his a$$ when he was at G, and when at T..oh geez, looks like Adrien Clarke...Its obvious he got drafted on his physical appearance alone, I even remember watching his highlights from college and thinking, what the hells so good about this turd? He looked average on film at UMass. He sucks, and any sane coach should never put him at Tackle again with his slow heavy feet.

Makes you wonder what idiot Scout pitched this clown to our staff

Makes you wonder what idiot Scout pitched this clown to our staff

I think it was our scouts beliving the "raw ability hype" that kept being said, and then us thinking..."Callahan can make him a good player"...uh, maybe even Bill can't save this soft, non athletic bum.

holy smoke!! this dude was the worst player on the field tonight hands down. cut him cut him cut him. Turner is hurt and we'll lucky one of of QBs didn't get killed tonight. he looked like Herman Monster out there

yeah but Herman Munster was better looking. ;)

This is why I've always said getting a franchise QB is more important than getting a player on the OL. Yes OL is very important and you need to build a good one. But one bad player on the OL and suddenly it's not that good anymore, and it's hard to have all 5 at a high level all the time, also expensive.

Once you have your franchise QB and a few targets for him, you just keep getting OL and a few new targets every several years, but you're more or less set. Get an OL and even when it's good you're the freaking Carolina Panthers.

any chance we can sign woody or is it starter slot or nothing with him? Vlad was outplayed at every position they had him on the line(i think 3). I didnt realize that he was the one that got Turner's leg rolled up until I read the paper this morning. I wouldnt cut him but i wouldnt play him this year. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said that Vlad would suffer the most from the lockout...

Archived