Schotty

nycwoman1221

For the most part... but that moron still needs to cut the sh*t with those god awful end arounds.

You do know that they call end arounds and Jet sweeps so that the defensive end has to stay honest and can't cheat to the inside consistently. eases up the pass rush. besides the end around today sucked because either Felix on on of the guards blew the block.

You do know that they call end arounds and Jet sweeps so that the defensive end has to stay honest and can't cheat to the inside consistently. eases up the pass rush. besides the end around today sucked because either Felix on on of the guards blew the block.

There's definitely means to accomplish that without that dreadful end around play that routinely loses the Jets lots of yards and/or ends in a fumble. Outside of it being part of Brad Smith's career ownership of the Bengals, that play never works out for the Jets, even when their kick a$$ starting OL are the ones doing the blocking. For whatever the reason is, the risk is waaaaay more than the reward on that particular play for this team.

Schotty is a weak to poor excuse for an OC - but he at times looked like he knew what he was doing tonight. Except for the fooling no one sweeps.

Didnt you see the grey haired guy up in the press box ? They cut off Shottys mic after the second Quarter :) . It was all lip sync from that point on. The way the game was called when Sanchez was in was totally different than the norm that should tell us all Moore is having some influence on how we work Sanchez early in games to get him going. Like i said his Comp % will go up 6 + points this year easily if they work him into games early and it looks like thats the plan.

Didnt you see the grey haired guy up in the press box ? They cut off Shottys mic after the second Quarter :) . It was all lip sync from that point on. The way the game was called when Sanchez was in was totally different than the norm that should tell us all Moore is having some influence on how we work Sanchez early in games to get him going. Like i said his Comp % will go up 6 + points this year easily if they work him into games early and it looks like thats the plan.

That's unbelievable!

IF they cut off Schotty's mike in the 2nd quarter then Moore sucks and they should stick with Schott. Obviously it was because Turner went down that they started sucking, but the short passing game is coming from the development of Sanchez.

IF they cut off Schotty's mike in the 2nd quarter then Moore sucks and they should stick with Schott. Obviously it was because Turner went down that they started sucking, but the short passing game is coming from the development of Sanchez.

Develo-whaaaa? They still have that?

you realize I was joking .

The short passing game early was designed to get Sanchez involved and it will go down that way during the regular season as well. This will get him involved early, in rhythm with the offense, and hopefully avoid constant 3rd and longs which has been the norm for this offense the past 2 years. I feel this is a direct influence of Tom Moore and I also feel it will raise Marks comp percentage.

Wait. What?

It's nothing quantitative for me but:

Sanchez in Year 3

Veterans WRs who run better and more varied routes (the major on field problem with Edwards)

It's at this point that I remembered the RB depth went: Greene/LT/Powell/McKnight and not Green/Powell/McKnight. Oh well...I'm still not too worried about the passing game this year. I just won't try to make a silly argument before anything real manifests.

Yeah, if this preseason game reminded me of anything its that Schotty still sucks. I can't believe some of those playcalls... pass on 1st and when you get no gain, run the next 2 plays. run it on 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 18. I seriously hate this guy. Even Sanchez, Holmes and Mason were on him about that garbage. Can you seriously, be logical just once when it matters??? PLEASE!?!?!? "Durrrrr, it's 3rd and 8, they'll never expect an LT run. I don't care if it's a retarded call, they won't expect it, therfor we should do it". Die slow, for real. They saw it coming from a mile away. I swear Schotty's a Patriots plant, sent to destroy us from the inside.

2 second-string (and then after Turner went down, then a 3rd-string) OLmen plus McKnight protecting Sanchez?

I kill him for a lot of dumb stuff. In this case, however, he'd ****ing better call running plays on those downs with that many non-starters in there at the same time and not put Sanchez at risk just to potentially extend a pre-season drive .

Not having Sanchez drop back on 2nd/3rd & long keeps him upright for games that count. I don't want another 2003 season of going with our #2 QB for the first half of the season because this year's version of rookie BJ Askew missed his blocking assignment in a 100% meaningless pre-season game.

Sanchez got sacked twice on 2 offensive series. That was more than enough for me. Let these backups practice their blocking skills with McElroy or other cannon fodder back there.

2 second-string (and then after Turner went down, then a 3rd-string) OLmen plus McKnight protecting Sanchez?

I kill him for a lot of dumb stuff. In this case, however, he'd ****ing better call running plays on those downs with that many non-starters in there at the same time and not put Sanchez at risk just to potentially extend a pre-season drive .

Not having Sanchez drop back on 2nd/3rd & long keeps him upright for games that count. I don't want another 2003 season of going with our #2 QB for the first half of the season because this year's version of rookie BJ Askew missed his blocking assignment in a 100% meaningless pre-season game.

Sanchez got sacked twice on 2 offensive series. That was more than enough for me. Let these backups practice their blocking skills with McElroy or other cannon fodder back there.

Completely agree. I hate Schotty as much as anyone, but I was actually very happy with his decision on those run calls. They just needed to get Sanchez the hell out of there. Vlad was already a mess and Turner just got carted off the field. It was the right thing to do.

But there's a very good chance he'd make the same call during the season. That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to see our offense throw in the towel like that. I can understand that ONE call to get Sanchez out (or why not just substitute him???), but there were several calls that had me scratching my head. That first drive comes to mind. Sanchez did look good early on, but playcalling is something Schotty needs to stop doing.

How about this one:

Can you BELIEVE he let McElroy throw almost FORTY passes? It's preseason Schitty! It's the kids first game in the NFL ever, and you do this to him?

Seemed like with the injuries on the Ol, the 2nd half of thsi game begged for a sh*tload of time-consuming handoffs.

I don't think presason is grounds to draw any real conclusions. But a little disheartending (rather than concerning) that the 1st unit had both drives stopped. And why was Ducasse allowed to play opposite JJ Watt, but there are other threads about that...

Seemed like with the injuries on the Ol, the 2nd half of thsi game begged for a sh*tload of time-consuming handoffs.

I don't think presason is grounds to draw any real conclusions. But a little disheartending (rather than concerning) that the 1st unit had both drives stopped. And why was Ducasse allowed to play opposite JJ Watt, but there are other threads about that...

While I get what you're saying, they did score on the first drive, even if it was only 3 and frankly, like I said earlier, as much as I hate Schotty, he made the right choice on that second drive. It was an intentional give-up and with the way the Vlad was playing and Turner getting carted off, it just needed to be done. Who knows how that drive would have turned out otherwise. When you consider it was the first preseason game and the starting unit was without starters at center, guard and WR it certainly could have been far worse.

Yeah, yeah... we get it, anytime Schotty is even remotely average at his job or his offense overcomes his 5 years of documented idiocy it proves what a genius you are. Seriously just stop already.

Documented contextless idiocy.... I keep in mind that this documented idiocy includes taking the only college junior to ever start right away at QB to the AFCCG twice in a row. Oh and 3 playoff appearances in 5 years...and a QB that won CPOY...coulda/woulda/shoulda been 4 playoff appearances if Lord Favre didn't douche out in '08.

Overall not too shabby for a documented idiot. Certainly Los Yets don't seem to think he's an idiot.

Calls were good today. I know we hate schotty but today was good

No they werent. Every play was a play action slant play or a 1 step quick slant play. They're all these college type timing plays as if our QB is still Chad Pennington. I'd love to see the WR's go on routes and watch Sanchez sit back there and break down a defense. Every play is a damn timing slant play. And when its not its that Hell-hole of a end around.

I've seen this play work ONE TIME and the WR had to break like 6 tackles in order for it to work.

Shotty is a terrible OC and I dont believe that he can produce an offense that can win a superbowl.

I generally don't take preseason seriously, but learning from last year, glaring problems in the offense will manifest themselves by Week 1 of the regular season if you don't correct them.

Last year's Week 1 game against the Ravens was really stupid. Maybe it doesn't matter, but we should have won that game. I don't think it would have made any difference whatsoever in terms of playoff seeding, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Remember that the running backs are pretty well set (roster of Greene, LT, McKnight, Powell & Conner) while the back end of the WR group is up for grabs (Turner vs. McKnight vs. Payne vs. Smith vs. Campbell vs. Depalma). Makes sense to run some pass plays with McElroy especially later in the game.

No they werent. Every play was a play action slant play or a 1 step quick slant play. They're all these college type timing plays as if our QB is still Chad Pennington. I'd love to see the WR's go on routes and watch Sanchez sit back there and break down a defense. Every play is a damn timing slant play. And when its not its that Hell-hole of a end around.

I've seen this play work ONE TIME and the WR had to break like 6 tackles in order for it to work.

Shotty is a terrible OC and I dont believe that he can produce an offense that can win a superbowl.

Disagree. Those quick hitters were not used previously because Sanchez wasn't ready. That is exactly the kind of offense that I expect to see more of in 2011. More passes, more quick hits and then go up top. Those plays are gaining 7 yards. I think it's what they always wanted to do and like the running game it will draw people up. The end around is used everywhere and I have seen it work dozens of times for almost every team. I think they do it to force teams to respect it. Just because a play isn't a 20 yarder doesn't mean it isn't a success.

Archived