Stinchcomb on the market

BornJetsFan1983

Stinchcomb just had knee surgery this offseason himself. Saints are going with friggin' Zach Strief over him. Not competing with Stinchcomb; they cut him and (in this day and age) a relatively puny $2.25M salary from the team completely. Until proven otherwise, the message is that the team that knows him best thinks right now he isn't worthy of a roster spot.

1. Rumors are that Stinchcomb has a career threatening injury. That's why he's been cut.

2. I believe Woody WILL come out of retirement at some point this season and sign with the Jets. It's the classic veteran avoiding training camp situation.

Then why not just bring Damien Woody back?

He's gone, he's got a job with ESPN now which is actually hard to get and highly sought after for retired players. He's not going to pass up that opportunity to come back for one year as a veteran minimum back up.

According to what I've seen they have around 7 million of cap space

even jason admits on his page there is really no way of knowing for sure. if you look at the jets recent moves, it's pretty clear they have little wiggle room to me. does tanny seem like a guy to leave $ 7 mm on the table unspent ?

even jason admits on his page there is really no way of knowing for sure. if you look at the jets recent moves, it's pretty clear they have little wiggle room to me. does tanny seem like a guy to leave $ 7 mm on the table unspent ?

I of course have no idea of how much money the Jets have. All I can do, as with a lot of other things, is read what the people who are supposed to be in the know write. A lot of times it's BS. When a lot of people say the same thing I tend to believe it.

Right now the supposed experts are saying the Jets have between 6-10 million left.

Personally I don't know

Who's out there that you'd spend it on?

It's good to go into the season with some reserve funds. They can spend it on an emergency contract in the middle of the year, or use it to extend a player's contract, thus lowering cap costs in years moving forward.

It's good to go into the season with some reserve funds. They can spend it on an emergency contract in the middle of the year, or use it to extend a player's contract, thus lowering cap costs in years moving forward.

I also think RexTanny have their heart set on a couple of waiver-wire pick-ups yet to come. I thought it was interesting that Rex said the Jets were "up against it" after letting Ellis go, despite having $7+ mil available. Maybe he knows it's already reserved for someone not yet available? Hard to believe he's settled on Eric Smith as his starting FS, and they still never got the TE they're apparently looking to add after Heap bailed on them. And, now, OL is a big need and they're going to see Plaxico run for Tbe first time today. If he looks sh*tty after a week of practices, do they hedge their bets and float an offer to TO?

Some decent players should be hitting the bricks in a couple weeks.

Agree. Options are good.

Archived