Tom Moore Last Night

SoFlaJets

Did anybody else notice Tom Moore up in the booth with headphones on last night? Remember he was supposed to be at home reviewing tapes and making suggestions that way-hmmm....unless he's living in Houston in a stadium booth now...

He's with the team the whole preseason. Once the regular season starts he will be at home reviewing tape and what not.

Did anybody else notice Tom Moore up in the booth with headphones on last night? Remember he was supposed to be at home reviewing tapes and making suggestions that way-hmmm....unless he's living in Houston in a stadium booth now...

I believe he lives in South Carolina.

SFJ in another post I said that Shotty was just lip syncing :) Man in booth FTW

anybody else starting to think we will not waste his talent for long by leaving him on his couch in South Carolina?

Tom Moore is overrated. Brian Schottenheimer would look like a genius if Peyton Manning was his QB for the last 13 years, too.

He's a fresh set of eyes, here to tweak what the Jets are already doing. He's 72 years old. He didn't like being forced to retire, but his job here on the Jets is pretty much his version of becoming a Walmart greeter.

Tom Moore is overrated. Brian Schottenheimer would look like a genius if Peyton Manning was his QB for the last 13 years, too.

He's a fresh set of eyes, here to tweak what the Jets are already doing. He's 72 years old. He didn't like being forced to retire, but his job here on the Jets is pretty much his version of becoming a Walmart greeter.

Be that all as it may, I have no doubt that he's vastly better at his job than Schotty is at his. Then again, I think a Walmart greeter would probably be better at Schotty's job than he is.

I'm the first one to always say that about coaches slats-how having a HOF QB turns them all in "geniuses" but we're talking Brian Schottenheimer here-he's pretty much a .250 hitter and Moore was a perrenial .300 hitter

The man was brought in to make sure the right plays are called. We should see a takeover of some kind by week 5 once Rex has had enough with the bad play calls.

repped.. outside of mafia, we don't seem to disagree on much :D

"Tom Moore Last Night"

was responsible for every good play, whereas schotty was responsible for every good one.. it was uncanny!

BE DAMNED CTM for the screwup in this post.

Know that Schittenheimer has the innate ability to never call the right play. He doesn't get it. You score by doing THIS instead of THAT.

Always tring to be the smartest guy in the room... Tom Moore has forgot more about football than you will ever know.

"Tom Moore Last Night"

was responsible for every good play, whereas schotty was responsible for every bad one.. it was uncanny!

I dont think anyone is thinking that at all nor did anyone say that.

I saw a small philosophy change in our offense that I've been calling for since last year, and if you took notice Sanchez WHO ALWAYS starts slow was 6-7 on pass attempts. Shotty NEVER opened games with the short passing attack and now we might see Moore of that. Do you think after 6 years Shotty just changed his own mind on how to run the offense to start games ? I doubt it. If we can get Sanchez involved and in a rhythm early in games, it will help our entire game plan and also help our defense not having to deal with constant 3 and outs because our QB is in constant 3rd and longs. Then in the second half we run the ball down Teams throats to close out the game which is where we gain most of our rushing yards anyhow. Obviously its not all that cut and dried but you get my point.

Always tring to be the smartest guy in the room... Tom Moore has forgot more about football than you will ever know.

Even Schitty acknowledges that.

I can't believe we have some Schitty defenders that are so devoted they will discount proven great offensive minds. It is one thing to argue something like Bill Walsh vs. Tom Moore, it is a whole different thing to argue Tom Moore vs. Schitty. I mean come on.

Even Schitty acknowledges that.

I can't believe we have some Schitty defenders that are so devoted they will discount proven great offensive minds. It is one thing to argue something like Bill Walsh vs. Tom Moore, it is a whole different thing to argue Tom Moore vs. Schitty. I mean come on.

Tom Moore did'nt design the Colts offense Peyton Manning did :rolleyes:

Im sure at some point Moore gave control of the offense to Peyton because they run the hurry up so much and because Peyton probably knew the damn thing inside and out. But you can be damn sure Moore was giving Peyton tips on coverages from up in the booth rather than actully calling plays when they made that transistion. Hopefully we do the same thing with Sanchez . There is a reason Moore is up in that box with a freakin headset on. If he was NOT involved why would he be wearing a head set ?

This room? I don't even have to try. :D

Moore is overrated. More importantly, he's not taking over the OC job here anytime soon. Or ever.

exactly why is Moore overrated ?

Because Peyton Manning is so good. I'm not saying the guy sucks or anything, just saying he's no Hank Stram.

And also, again, saying he's not going to be anything more than a work at home consultant for the Jets.

Because Peyton Manning is so good. I'm not saying the guy sucks or anything, just saying he's no Hank Stram.

And also, again, saying he's not going to be anything more than a work at home consultant for the Jets.

So Im guessing Bill Walsh is also overrated ? Thats a really bad example saying a guy is over rated just because of his QB. Im guessing someone taught Peyton at a young age when he entered the league and Im also guessing someone designed the offense he runs.

So Im guessing Bill Walsh is also overrated ? Thats a really bad example saying a guy is over rated just because of his QB. Im guessing someone taught Peyton at a young age when he entered the league and Im also guessing someone designed the offense he runs.

Bill Walsh invented his offense because of the sh*tty QB situation the Bengals had. It succeeded with sh*tty QBs as well as good/great ones.

Bill Walsh was an innovator. A brilliant coach who changed offensive football forever and also won championships.

No one ever accused Tim Moore of innovating a single thing.

These two guys aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Bill Walsh was an innovator. A brilliant coach who changed offensive football forever and also won championships.

No one ever accused Tim Moore of innovating a single thing.

These two guys aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I think you know why I asked the question. I was not comparing Tom Moore to Bill Walsh not by any means.

The Peyton Manning a$$ kissing is a bit excessive to the point were now saying it could only be him and no one else not his OC, not his coaches, not the players around him, hes just God and everything falls into place yet he loses in the playoffs every single year. Oh wait I forgot its because of his team he loses in the playoffs yet the only SB hes ever won was because his defense went berserk and shut everyone down in the playoffs that year. 2 years ago in the SB who threw the big pic six ? Tom Moore ? Peyton Manning is a great QB but its not just all him just like it was not all just Joe Monatana or all just Tom Brady or all just Terry Bradshaw or all Troy Aikman oh wait those guys all won 4,4,3,3 SB's how many did Peyton win how many pic sixes did those guys throw in their multiple SB victories at the big moments in the game ? Oh thats right the Colts are not as good as those teams, always an excuse.

Tom Moore put Peyton in a pass happy system (the first day he stepped on the football field) and taught him the ropes in the NFL then he put him in a hurry up offense realizing Peyton was gifted enough to run it. He recognized the talent he had and let him run with it. He was a smart coach who let his player play and the team was smart enoguh to constantly surround him with young talent which they developed with early draft picks unlike our team who surrounds our young QB with Old men who might or might not be on the field next year. Its not ALL Peyton Manning to the point who ever we mention that was associated with that team gets a black mark because it had to be freakin Peyton that made them great. I really hate talking about one of the best QB's out there but it gets sickening when people trash others because it could only possibly be about him.

Tom Moore is a damn good coach and I hope he has some kind of positive influence on our offense this year, and Ill say it again if the guy was not involved he would not be wearing a headset up in the booth. Its Obvious we have an OC problem and why we just dont get rid of this guy is a mystery to me. If all was well Tom Moores a$$ would not have to be here.

If you wan to talk about QB's who did it all with basicly nothing the only one I know of was John Elway who regularly took sub par teams on his back and willed them into the SB only to get torched by superior teams when he got there until 97 and 98 .

How about 1995, when Moore was the Lions' offensive coordinator and Scott ******* Mitchell threw for over 4,000 yards and 32 TDs?

Archived