ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok this was a tough one, but I chose to address the offensive line.

We need more depth, and have suffered a ton of injuires of injuries over the years.

This guy is talented but is could be a steal, but has an injury that scares teams.

No guts, no glory.

Chris Colmer OT NC State

jerome collins anybody?? :oops:

Yup... that's a steal. I mean, y'know... if steal means vast reach that couldn't even qualify as a UDFA, or NFL Europe cast off, then yeah, that's a steal.

That was pretty much my reaction EB :lol: That being said, it was still a better pick than Cade McNown :lol:

I am so pissed I wasn't here for my picks

why did I put collins number 1 on my list to shane?

WHYYYY!!!!????

I could have gotten a better player on Otogwe AND pissed off riggins and ham at the same time!! :lol:

its ok

I have a nice running back to unload here, as well as a decent yet underachieving DT

Yeah, you're right. Chuck Long will forever walk along with the NFL greats :D:o:lol:

Or should I bring up Andre Ware? :lol::o

I mean, you could bring up something that didn't happen almost 15 years ago, and older. I mean, if that's too much of a strech for ya. I mean, go to any Lions board and they'll tell you that Jeff freakin Garcia is an elite QB, compared to Joey. I'm sure you'll find someone who finds Andre better than Joey :lol: And Chuck Long was so much better than Cade. You can't live down Cade. And how bout that David Terrell? (That does hurt me too, but he's a prissy punk since he left Ann Arbor :lol:)

I mean, you could bring up something that didn't happen almost 15 years ago, and older. I mean, if that's too much of a strech for ya. I mean, go to any Lions board and they'll tell you that Jeff freakin Garcia is an elite QB, compared to Joey. I'm sure you'll find someone who finds Andre better than Joey :lol: And Chuck Long was so much better than Cade. You can't live down Cade. And how bout that David Terrell? (That does hurt me too, but he's a prissy punk since he left Ann Arbor :lol:)

You can't be serious. Cade WAS a bust, but you actually DEFENDING Ware and Long is brutal. And you have a current bust in Harrington. We both know he is a goner after this year. Hell, he'll probably be replaced mid season.

Let's see. Mcnown/Terrell vs. Ware/Long/Harrington/Rogers/Reggie Rogers/AGibson.

Damn. Detroit has more busts than a strip club. :shock::D:o:lol:

Our bust was recent, but your busts have been recent and frequent.

BTW, at least Cade stole Tim Couch's Playboy Playmate, Long and Ware can't boast that.

You can't be serious. Cade WAS a bust, but you actually DEFENDING Ware and Long is brutal. And you have a current bust in Harrington. We both know he is a goner after this year. Hell, he'll probably be replaced mid season.

Let's see. Mcnown/Terrell vs. Ware/Long/Harrington/Rogers/Reggie Rogers/AGibson.

Damn. Detroit has more busts than a strip club. :shock::D:o:lol:

Our bust was recent, but your busts have been recent and frequent.

BTW, at least Cade stole Tim Couch's Playboy Playmate, Long and Ware can't boast that.

Whoa now, don't put defending words in my mouth. First of all, I dunno who Reggie Rogers is. I know who Reggie Brown is, and he kinda got paralyzed. Mind you, I'm not defending Andre Ware or Chuck Long. I'm saying that you can find any number of Lions fans who will say they're better than Joey. And, as far as Joey being a bust, that's rich. While Joey may not be as good as McNabb or Manning, he's better than the guy who was drafted first in that draft, David Carr. And, if Joey is cut, he'll be a star elsewhere. He's not bad. He's gotten better. The fans and the coaching staff don't like him and have never liked him. He's not their guy, so if anything goes wrong, it's his fault. He's a bleeding scapegoat. The fans expect him to win every game on his own. Mind you, he hasn't had an NFL capable receiver to throw to. He's had the most drops in the league (drops, as I'm lead to believe, are the catchable drops, as the record kept by the league). And yet, when the defense blows anything, it's Joey's fault. When the coaching staff doesn't adjust during halftime, or during the game, it's Joey's fault. When they run the ball three straight downs and don't get a first, it's Joey's fault. If a dog craps in the street, it's Joey's fault. You get my point... Joey's far from a bust. He's not the best, but he's not a bust.

Besides, that coaching staff is a complete waste. Mooch is a bluff. Toller is a spineless jelly fish that wasn't good enough for the worst team in football. D!ck Jaron is a piece of garbage, which I'm sure you remember. I dunno... but both the Lions and the Bears, recently, have sucked.

Shadow, I gotta disagree with your assessment that Harrington is better than David Carr.

David Carr actually had a good season last year. I don't think he will ever live up to the high expectations they had for him, but he is a very solid quarterback that could start for half the teams in the league.

Harrington is decent, he just doesn't have it. Whatever "it" may be.

i agree joey harrington is somewhat a product of hype

if he can't get it done with Williams and Rogers and Kevin Jones im sorry he should be drug out in the street and shot - the Lions aren't that far away - it seems from a casual observer that the QB holds em back at times...

Now this is what I call a draft:

31. Travis Johnson DT Florida State

35. Shaun Cody DE / DT USC

63. Brandon Browner CB / S Oregon State

77. Lance Mitchell ILB Oklahoma

94. Bill Swaincutt DE Oregon State

126. Andrew Walter QB Arizona State

137. Craphonso Thorpe WR Florida State

Seven blue chippers and I have two picks left. :)

i agree joey harrington is somewhat a product of hype

if he can't get it done with Williams and Rogers and Kevin Jones im sorry he should be drug out in the street and shot - the Lions aren't that far away - it seems from a casual observer that the QB holds em back at times...

Shadow, I gotta disagree with your assessment that Harrington is better than David Carr.

David Carr actually had a good season last year. I don't think he will ever live up to the high expectations they had for him, but he is a very solid quarterback that could start for half the teams in the league.

Harrington is decent, he just doesn't have it. Whatever "it" may be.

And I'll disagree. Joey hasn't had Williams or Rogers all year. Or Kevin Jones for that matter. He IS better than Carr. Depending on how you view stats, either viewing completion percentage and QB rating better or touchdowns and interceptions... here's how they did.

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT

David Carr 285 466 3531 61.2 7.58 69 16 3.4 14 3.0 49 301 83.5

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT

Joey Harrington 274 489 3047 56.0 6.23 62 19 3.9 12 2.5 36 196 77.5

Carr threw for more yards, but he also had a healthy Andre Johnson and a healthy Domanick Davis all year. Joey had a healthy Roy Williams for three games. He had a healthy Kevin Jones for nine games. He didn't have a Charles Rogers. Mind you, the hottest thing during the preseason was Harrington to Rogers. For a few games this year, Joey had as his one and two receivers David Kircus and Scotty Vines. Yeah, exactly. Jeff Backus was beaten like a rented mule. Stockar McFatAss sucked. Damien Woody was hurt, recovering from his leg injury. Domanick Raolia couldn't block a preschooler.

So, if Charles Rogers was healthy, Joey probably would have had a better year.

1) There is no better comedy than a Bears fan and a Lions fan fighting over whose team draft history is more brutal.

2) We need a consensus opinion on my man JetFan80. He's a pimp, but I think he's missed three picks without PMing them to anybody.

3) I draft football players. Period. You guys may have flashy names, but I have people who play football and win championships. Scott Pioli just called me and offered me a lap-dance. Holla.

Storm, you say how Harrington had no offensive line, yet the numbers say that Carr was sacked THIRTEEN more times than Harrington last season.

Also, look at the yards per attempt. Carr threw for nearly 500 more yards despite attempting 20 less passes than Harrington.

Houston's offensive line has always been a sieve. His rookie year, Carr was sacked more than anyone else in NFL history. It doesn't matter who Harrington's recievers were last year. A great QB will make an average reciever look good. Look at how Bill Schroeder was with Favre and then compare that to Harrington. While Carr doesn't make anyone look like a star, he has made Corey Bradford and Derrick Armstrong look very serviceable. Not to mention that as a rookie, he made Billy Miller look like Jay Novacek.

BTW, even without Rogers, Roy Williams and Tai Streets together are better than any recieving combo Houston has.

Storm, you say how Harrington had no offensive line, yet the numbers say that Carr was sacked THIRTEEN more times than Harrington last season.

Also, look at the yards per attempt. Carr threw for nearly 500 more yards despite attempting 20 less passes than Harrington.

Houston's offensive line has always been a sieve. His rookie year, Carr was sacked more than anyone else in NFL history. It doesn't matter who Harrington's recievers were last year. A great QB will make an average reciever look good. Look at how Bill Schroeder was with Favre and then compare that to Harrington. While Carr doesn't make anyone look like a star, he has made Corey Bradford and Derrick Armstrong look very serviceable. Not to mention that as a rookie, he made Billy Miller look like Jay Novacek.

BTW, even without Rogers, Roy Williams and Tai Streets together are better than any recieving combo Houston has.

wow now troll

andre johnson and gaffney > roy williams and tai streets

wow now troll

andre johnson and gaffney > roy williams and tai streets

EB, Andre Johnson is by far the best reciever on either team, but Gaffney isn't quite there yet. The Texans have a log jam on average recievers following Johnson on the depth chart (Bradford, Gaffney, Armstrong).

Whoa now, don't put defending words in my mouth. First of all, I dunno who Reggie Rogers is. I know who Reggie Brown is, and he kinda got paralyzed. Mind you, I'm not defending Andre Ware or Chuck Long. I'm saying that you can find any number of Lions fans who will say they're better than Joey. And, as far as Joey being a bust, that's rich. While Joey may not be as good as McNabb or Manning, he's better than the guy who was drafted first in that draft, David Carr. And, if Joey is cut, he'll be a star elsewhere. He's not bad. He's gotten better. The fans and the coaching staff don't like him and have never liked him. He's not their guy, so if anything goes wrong, it's his fault. He's a bleeding scapegoat. The fans expect him to win every game on his own. Mind you, he hasn't had an NFL capable receiver to throw to. He's had the most drops in the league (drops, as I'm lead to believe, are the catchable drops, as the record kept by the league). And yet, when the defense blows anything, it's Joey's fault. When the coaching staff doesn't adjust during halftime, or during the game, it's Joey's fault. When they run the ball three straight downs and don't get a first, it's Joey's fault. If a dog craps in the street, it's Joey's fault. You get my point... Joey's far from a bust. He's not the best, but he's not a bust.

Besides, that coaching staff is a complete waste. Mooch is a bluff. Toller is a spineless jelly fish that wasn't good enough for the worst team in football. D!ck Jaron is a piece of garbage, which I'm sure you remember. I dunno... but both the Lions and the Bears, recently, have sucked.

Joey is a bust. You cannot draft a man #3 overall and not have him produce. He wasn't selected that high to underachieve the way he has. Qbs do need time to develop, and weapons, but even with Williams and Jones producing, and some talent on that line(some Michigan men holding things together :wink: )Joey is nowhere near what they thought they were getting, at least at this point.

And I completely disagree about Carr. Carr is better.

Btw, Reggie Rogers was a defensive end you drafted real high, I know he went top ten, but I think he went higher.

Tom or Ham, whichever of you made my pick, thank you very much. That is the guy i wanted. :D

P.S. Please feel free to critique my draft so far, this is the first time i've ever done anything like this. :)

SP, looks really good so far. If you want, you can always PM me about 5 guys that you're looking at and I can take whoever is available when your pick comes up. Unlike Ham, I won't steal your players. :lol:

SP, looks really good so far. If you want, you can always PM me about 5 guys that you're looking at and I can take whoever is available when your pick comes up. Unlike Ham, I won't steal your players. :lol:

Thats what i'm worried about now. The list of players is gettin' thin and i'm afraid i'll run out of players. :lol:

Joey wasn't sacked more because he got rid of the ball more. That and that sack number, Joey's was more than 3 times the amount he was sacked over his career. So, tell me his offensive line doesn't suck. Y'all can say Carr is better, but Carr has more weapons. But, then again, Joey thew less interceptions and more touchdowns.

Joey has had horrible coaches and no receivers. Jabar Gaffney is worlds better than Tai Streets. Streets just sucked here. Roy was injured for three quarters of the year. And, like I said, he's been coached to throw the ball away to avoid the sack. Y'all don't live here. You don't know what goes on here, day to day. I don't live in Houston, but I can guarantee that Carr doesn't have to put up with near the crap Joey does.

But, if y'all are against him, then you're against him. If he gets cut this year, he'll go somewhere, probably Green Bay, and haunt the Lions for years. Just watch. That is the Lions curse.

And, I'm a Jets fan, so i won't hop all over them. Their draft history doesn't compare to the Lions. At least the Jets have actually made the playoffs in modern times.

Barton better hurry...he only has 15 minutes before we make fun of him for being ironic.

jonathan welsh was a steal!

dallas has so much versatily on defense now it is scary!!

demarcus ware OLB/DE

david pollack DE/OLB

jonathan welsh OLB/DE

james butler SS

:o

Archived