ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

I'm Just busting balls, MJ ... trust me, if Nugent had slid to the Jets in the 4th RD, he wasn't sliding any further than that :D

BTW, I had only two players on my list for the next pick following yours ... Dreessen and Nugent

Nugent was a heist in the 4th RD ... You should have made that pick with a mask and a gun

I agree. Even if the sole purpose of Nugent being there is for COMPETITION with Edinger, it is more than worth it in round 4. Plus, Nugent could possibly get PT as the KOS.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Even if the sole purpose of Nugent being there is for COMPETITION with Edinger, it is more than worth it in round 4. Plus, Nugent could possibly get PT as the KOS.

Wahh wahhh wahhh TomShane drafted me two huge steals. Wahhh Wahh Wahhhh

people, all you guys just got had

James Butler is a S T E A L

:lol::lol:

I love that pick ... Butler is one of the most under-rated players in the draft

I saw him at the Senior Bowl and he blew me away ... I thought he was one of the best players on the field that day ... dude was all over the place makin plays

I could see that happening. Edinger, I believe still has the ability. I just don't know what went wrong. It happens with kickers. They can go bad quickly, like a carton of milk. If Nugent were drafted, to me, the smart thing would be to do what Jet80 suggested;have them duel in training camp, and if Nugent wins, cut Edinger, of if Edinger wins, keep Nugent as insurance or use him to kickoff.

Very important for the upcoming rounds

Here's a list of about 360 prospects put out by Gil Brandt, please consult this list for reference

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8201285

Gil probably missed only about 20 solid prospects that even have a chance, so please use this list...

On a recent JI mock, one draftnik alone used 2 players not even eligible in his personal mock draft.... :oops:

If you want more info on other players, please check the draft site linked on the front page---they haven't sold out to small time agents--hence they don't misleadingly hype "non draftables" :twisted:

TS, you may want to use this list in a "sticky thread" and make this our unofficial list for the last couple rounds.

Sorry for delaying things, guys. When I tried to make my pick last night, the board was of course down for me (not sure if this happened to anything else), and an exam I had today consumed all my time.

As for the picks you made for me, TS, great job. I was actually going to take McPherson at 95, no joke. I figured he was worth a shot, considering that AZ had two third rounders. AZ looks very good at the moment:

1) RB Cadillac Williams ~ Auburn

2) CB Bryant McFadden ~ FSU

3) TE Kevin Everett ~ Miami

3) QB Adrian McPherson ~ FSU

As for the Barber pick for Jacksonville, I hadn't really been thinking about tabbing a RB, but Barber is a talent that I can't say I'm unhappy about adding if I'm Jacksonville's GM. Greg Jones MAY be their future, but you can never have enough young talent at RB, especially when you consider Fred Taylor is pretty much done and LaBrandon Toefield is nothing more than a backup.

There you go TS, you attention whore, since you were obviously too lazy to read it earlier.

I love that pick ... Butler is one of the most under-rated players in the draft

I saw him at the Senior Bowl and he blew me away ... I thought he was one of the best players on the field that day ... dude was all over the place makin plays

yea, I saw that game, and he was all over the place, and he hits really hard!!! I was debating between him and a few other safeties, but I decided he was definetly the best pick for dallas

I am the Grand Master ... You are the Grasshopper :D

So, you wear a oversized hat, baggy clothes, wear a clock around your neck, and go "Yo homie, yo homie, yo!"? :lol:

I did say I'd make a better showing, if I wasn't cramming on the fly. I swear, I hate college sometimes. We're so going to have to redo this draft. I demand a re-draft! :lol:

edit: Wait a tic... yo Ham! Since when is Colorado State a small school? Bro, you're slippin! They're D1! Small schools are your specialty.. you know, like D3 :wink:

So, you wear a oversized hat, baggy clothes, wear a clock around your neck, and go "Yo homie, yo homie, yo!"? :lol:

I did say I'd make a better showing, if I wasn't cramming on the fly. I swear, I hate college sometimes. We're so going to have to redo this draft. I demand a re-draft! :lol:

Storm, let me see your draft ... list it

Really, I'm curious to see it

Browns:

1. Mike Williams WR, USC

2. Barrett Rudd ILB, Nebraska

3. Sione Pouha DT, Utah

4. Stanley Wilson CB, Stanford

Lions:

1. Shawne Merriman DE/OLB, Maryland

2. Adam Terry OT, Syracuse

3. Adam Bergen TE, Lehigh

Yeah, not spectacular, but I did what I could for the limited time I had.

Arizona Cardinals:

1) RB Cadillac Williams ~ Auburn

2) CB Bryant McFadden ~ FSU

3) TE Kevin Everett Jr. ~ Miami

3) QB Adrian McPherson ~ FSU

4) G Ben Wilkinson ~ LSU

Eat it, Ham. :o

I made three out of four of those picks, snake-boy. If Ham's eating anything, it's what I'm feeding him. :lol:

Browns:

1. Mike Williams WR, USC

2. Barrett Rudd ILB, Nebraska

3. Sione Pouha DT, Utah

4. Stanley Wilson CB, Stanford

Lions:

1. Shawne Merriman DE/OLB, Maryland

2. Adam Terry OT, Syracuse

3. Adam Bergen TE, Lehigh

Yeah, not spectacular, but I did what I could for the limited time I had.

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY ... THOSE ARE GREAT PICKS

IMO Mike Williams is the best player in the draft

Rudd is perahps the best ILB in the draft

I was pissed beyond belief when you selected Pouha {WHO I LOVE}

Wilson is one of the better CB's of that second group ... decent size and he runs in the 4.3's

Merriman is my favorite defensive player in the draft

Bergen is one of my favorite small school guys

Only player I don't love is Terry, but even he was nice value in the 2nd

AWESOME JOB, BRO

I made three out of four of those picks, snake-boy. If Ham's eating anything, it's what I'm feeding him. :lol:

Umm, no. You made ONE of those picks, the McPherson one, and like I said, he was the guy I had tabbed for that spot anyways. Read the mock draft thread if you don't believe me, all of those picks were posted by me only.

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY ... THOSE ARE GREAT PICKS

IMO Mike Williams is the best player in the draft

Rudd is perahps the best ILB in the draft

I was pissed beyond belief when you selected Pouha {WHO I LOVE}

Wilson is one of the best CB's of that second group ... decent size and he runs in the 4.3's

Merriman is may favorite defensive player in the draft

Bergen is one of my favorite small school guys

Only player I don't love is Terry, but even he was nice value in the 2nd

AWESOME JOB, BRO

Only reason I took Terry was because the Lions don't have a right tackle, at the moment. I was hoping for one of the tackles to fall, and they almost did. And, to be honest, it's so easy to pick when you don't have a glaring need, y'know? Like, with the Browns, they need everything. The Lions only needed the one thing, and that wasn't something that had to be picked up right away.

And, like I said, this has been done on very limited studying. Hopefully I have a couple more suprises up my sleeve.

And, thanks for the props Ham. I do appreciate it! :D

Only reason I took Terry was because the Lions don't have a right tackle, at the moment. I was hoping for one of the tackles to fall, and they almost did. And, to be honest, it's so easy to pick when you don't have a glaring need, y'know? Like, with the Browns, they need everything. The Lions only needed the one thing, and that wasn't something that had to be picked up right away.

And, like I said, this has been done on very limited studying. Hopefully I have a couple more suprises up my sleeve.

And, thanks for the props Ham. I do appreciate it! :D

Great picks SS.

I had Adam Terry high on my board, and thought about drafting him in Round 2, but with Morency available, and having given up our 3rd rounder to Miami for Ogunleye, I knew that finding a back like Moats or Barber in Round 4 would be difficult.

Again, excellent drafting

Fear the Phags

1. Derrick Johnson LB, Texas

3. Ryan Moats HB, Louisiana Tech

4. Larry Brackins WR, Pearl River (JC)

I've also remade the Saints crapterrific defense:

1. Pac Man Jones CB, West Virginia

2. C.J. Mosely DT, Missouri

3. Dustin Fox CB/S Ohio St.

NO REACHES, ONLY STEALS!

Great picks SS.

I had Adam Terry high on my board, and thought about drafting him in Round 2, but with Morency available, and having given up our 3rd rounder to Miami for Ogunleye, I knew that finding a back like Moats or Barber in Round 4 would be difficult.

Again, excellent drafting

Thanks MJ. I appreciate it. I just know I did a better job than Troll :wink: :lol:

Fear the Phags

1. Derrick Johnson LB, Texas

3. Ryan Moats HB, Louisiana Tech

4. Larry Brackins WR, Pearl River (JC)

I've also remade the Saints crapterrific defense:

1. Pac Man Jones CB, West Virginia

2. C.J. Mosely DT, Missouri

3. Dustin Fox CB/S Ohio St.

NO REACHES, ONLY STEALS!

I think Brackins is overrated - he's not surehanded.

but otherwise that is a SICK 2 drafts

CJ Mosely is a poor man's DROB

cjMosely99.jpg

Archived