Larry Fitz gets unreal deal

Newyorkgiants10

If any WR deserves that type of money it's Fitzgerald himself. I still remember Larry coming into the league out of ND like it were yesterday... We all knew that kid would become something special. That he's become. He's only 27 years of age, and has averaged 87.5 catches, 1,172 yards and 9.2 TD's per season after 7 years of action.

If any WR deserves that type of money it's Fitzgerald himself. I still remember Larry coming into the league out of ND like it were yesterday... We all knew that kid would become something special. That he's become. He's only 27 years of age, and has averaged 87.5 catches, 1,172 yards and 9.2 TD's per season after 7 years of action.

*Pitt

Fitzgerald didn't go to Notre Dame. He went to the same school as Revis and Shady McCoy, Pitt. I don't know why I'm typing this because I'm sure someone's already said it.

Always good to see a big contract in the NFL.

Fitz is a leader.

Absolutely...but what last year proved is no matter how good a WR is he (and his team) is as good as their QB can be. QBs should be the only player on the field that deserves that sort of coin because of their value to the team and franchise. If Kevin Kolb sucks this year, Fitz puts up 95 rec 1200 yards and the Cards win 6 games does it really matter?

Some details on the Fitz deal. Jason, Sperm....care to break this down for us? lol.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/43484/closer-look-at-larry-fitzgeralds-deal

Closer look at Larry Fitzgerald's deal

By Mike Sando

Former NFL executive Andrew Brandt of ESPN and National Football Post takes a detailed look at Larry Fitzgerald's new contract with the Arizona Cardinals.

Lots of good details in there for those who like poring over the numbers.

Fitzgerald gets $20 million in 2011 instead of the $7 million he was scheduled to earn under his old contract. The team must exercise a $15 million option bonus in March 2012 to keep Fitzgerald from hitting the market. Fitzgerald will have received $40.25 million over two years. That works out to a $16.5 million average for new money over a two-year period on a deal that, according to Brandt, maintains a $15 million average overall.

Teams often show more concern for cash flow than cap implications in the short term. That was the case here, according to Brandt: "The Cardinals resisted but eventually gave Fitzgerald what he wanted. [Agent Eugene] Parker and Fitzgerald worked with [team president] Michael Bidwill on the cash flow issue, not requiring the major upfront cash payments that some contracts have required. And ... they allowed the Cardinals the ability to not have to fund the guarantees at the outset."

Archived